Transformers: Animated Episode 7 - Thrill of the Hunt Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by McBradders, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

You're not alone, except I wait impatienly for torrents, like a kid :D 

2. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    ha! yes i did!! it reminded me of something that might be on futurama actually...

[​IMG]

3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    That

was

AWESOME!

The show has done all it needs to now to silence naysayers, if people still don't like it after that spectacle of quality writing, voice work and animation then they may as well give up on this show in it's entirety.

I only noticed right towards the end that there'd been no Sari at all, it made for a nice change of pace and kinda added to the dark foreboding feel by not having the cheery human girl around.

It also explains why Ratchet was so quick to suggest an EMP blast against the Dinobots.

There were lots of transformations in this episode and they were all different, they weren't kididng when they said it'd be a far cry from the stock footage we'd become used to.

I loved how Ratchet was genuinely angry with this guy, not just for what he'd done to you know you but for being the kind of guy who could only see a weapon in a piece of medical equipment.

Need Ratchet's toy now, like right now!

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    this episode was AWESOME!

MAN

Get a little peek at Animated Cybertron during the war

i really dig Ratchets cybertronian alt mode too

Appearance by Arcee! Man. sad what happened to her. The characterization with Ratchet cuz of her was just fantastic.

Lockdown was crazy cool as well. Love his voice!

Did you guys notice the turrets at Lockdowns "base/hideout/ship" used Cheetors gun sound from BW season 1?

sounded just like it to me

i love this show!
    xD

*edit* and Prowl too! lol

he rocked. I loved it when he picked up the pole and started given the beat down
    Prowl is awesome

5. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Johnator's Quick Review (spoilers)

Pros
    NO SARI!!!
    Story about Ratchet (who is my fave)
    Arcee appearance
    Lance voicing Lockdown was great

Cons
    Terrible designs (the only thing that really still hurts this show and always will)

Overall I would rate this one as one of the better Transformers Animated episodes. After just watching the terrible "Meltdown" episode it was nice to see an episode involving Decepticons again. I really like how each Decepticon and Autobot is given a story on their own (though hopefully it culminates in a lot of big fights between teams). Is it one of the best episodes of Transformer history? No but it is a GOOD story with a lot of interesting ideas.

Overall Grade:B+

6. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

its sad what happened to arcee, ratchet seems a whole lot cooler now. and lockdown was just plain awesome.... and crazy if you think about it.

in all, a great episode.

and now i do things to keep me busy til next saturday... this would have been a lot easier if i was still a kid and in school.

7. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

We'll just have to learn to live with it. When I look back on the past episodes I watched, I find the looks a minor thing, everybody has flaws. To let the looks of this series keep me from enjoying this series at all is a sin.

8. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yay Arcee! Sounds like her old voice too. I like Ratchet's Cyb mode. Man Lockdown is a badass. BLITZWING YES. "Still dented? Maybe I should pound the other side and even them out..." <---:lol  How convenient of Lockdown's ship to crash in the river right between the populated areas. All and all a great episode.

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Just finished watching it on YOUTUBE.

Brilliant episode. It's amazing how dark an episode can be once you remove the human element.

I've been a fan from the original concept designs and this just furthers my love.

Keep 'em coming.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

10. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:

......blurr....BLURR.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

11. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I was looking forward to this episode for a while now, and it did NOT disappoint. Lockdown was everything I had hoped he would be. He was a total badass, and I really liked the trophy collection/predator aspect of him. Also a rather dark episode.

I wouldn't say it was as good as Code of Hero...but it's the closest TF has gotten since.

God I want Lockdown even more now ;-;

12. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Excellent episode...

Seeing Ratchet going all 'hard core' on Lockdown and getting angry because he misused his medical tools reminded me of the old Marvel days where Ratchet defeated Megatron (twice!) and gave a big, well-deserved smack in the face to Starscream for his lack of respect for life... ;)  This was an incredible story about a veteran's guilt, and how he overcomes it and the fear from his old captor to free his friends.

I now really hope we're getting a Cybertronian Mode Ratchet toy. Oh and Arcee.

Lockdown is incredibly cool. I was expecting a bit of a more buisness-like Mech like Death's Head, but he's more like Boba Fett though, the professional who VERY much enjoys his job. I simply love the idea that the gun on his toy is actually Ratchet's old EMP blaster. Very cynical and cool guy, I liked his confrontation (and mutual respect) with Prowl the best.
    Also, whoever noticed Lockdown doesn't have a clear Decepticon logo, but a 'rubsign' on his chest? :)  I wouldn't be surprised if in the next episode he would be working for the high council Bots to capture Screamer. 'Highest bidder' and all that...

Seeing Megs and UM too was the icing on the cake. Not to mention Blitzwing (though he sounded different this time, all three of him).

Now... there was a guy here on TFW2005 who started circulating an idea that Arcee will become Blackarachnia. How do you think about that? I doubt it, it'd only make sense if in the end Arcee would have remained captive, but she got freed by Ratchet. In any case, I hope we see her again. Wonder how she started her life again with such a blank state though...

13. scourge25

scourge25 Banned

This was a really good episode. I liked Ratchet he is cool and they had Arcee. I like Lockdown i cant wait till his toy comes out i loves his colors:thumb . Blitzwing is really insane cant wait till we see this guy in action.

14. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

I liked Thrill of the hunt, but I also thought it was the weakest episode so far. Don't get me wrong, it had the makings of the best episode; but fell short in it's telling of the story. The introduction of Lockdown was clunky at best, great character (and VA). He just very abruptly shows up on the scene with no forshadowing (at least not on the brilliant level as the Dinobots episode). Animated takes place in Detroit and the city is all but void of humans, only one major shot that the story needed for people to be in harms way, so Prime could save them.

Ratchets flashback didn't carry the emotional weight it called for. It almost had a campy feel to it. I so got what they were trying to do, but for me it didn't come off right.

Now, I would have not really cared for this episode much at all if not for all the little gems thrown in. Bumblebee's horn. The fight between Lockdown and Prowl was awsome. It was great seeing Arcee again.

Speaking of Arcee, I was really hoping she'd be one of the Cyberton elite that was coming to earth later in the series. But, it looks like the chances of that have droped some. Maybe it's great forshadowing of her character, but it seems more like a stand alone cameo.

IMO the episodes in order of how good they are...

1. Blast from the past
    2. Home is where the Spark is
    3. Premier 3 parter (mostly for act 3)
    4. Thrill of the hunt
    5. Total meltdown

15. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Goes to show how vastly different opinions on the show can be.

1) Thrill of the Hunt
    2) Home is Where The Spark Is
    3) Total Meltdown
    4) Premier
    5) Blast from the Past

- I seriously thought the Dinobot one was by and large the weakest, while Meltdown was a solid episode, and Thrill was just genius.

16. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Hooray for DVR's!!

Now to the meat, I loved it. Great characterization of Ratchet and Lockdown in this, I always love seeing the med-bot go nuts. Like others, the predator-esque nature of lockdown was good, love how its paid back at the end though.

And seeing Arcee again was awesome. maybe with that wipe, a job change could have occured and could be a soldier or even ninja like now like Prowl. But she'll be back later on.

17. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

Well that explains why we haven't seen Arcee prototypes she was probably a one time character and what happened to her made me just pretty much not like the episode. They better bring her back into the series some how. They just used a very popular character as a stupid plot device. I mean from what I've gathered Lockdown shouldn't have remembered anything either yet he's still a bounty hunter, remembered that he got the emp thing from Ratchet, just not his name or face. Other wise the episode was decent. My score for it 1/5(what they did to Arcee is unacceptable if this was the only time they show her or include her in a plot they should have never ever shown her in one of the series previews).

18. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just got home and watched it. Dear god I love this show. Never thought I'd say this but this is starting to replace Beast Wars as my top TF series of all time.

Lance H. OWNED!! Dear god he was perfect. SO cold and menacing. I've got chills. Loved all the crap BB bought at the auto store. A tiny Hula Dancer, Fuzzy Dice, a Pine Tree Air Freshener.. :lol 

To be fair on Ratchet's disgust at the auto store, it would be like us on an alien planet and seeing eyes, limbs, and such for sale..

19. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    awesome episode. If the rest of the series is like this then I am totally on for the ride.
    Hope the figures end up this cool.

20. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Damn that was good! Lockdown was awesome, Ratchet's past was great too. Loved the way we got More than Meets the Eye in there twice, you probably caught the horn, did anyone else notice the music cue at the end of the episode though? I'm sure that was what it was meant to be anyhow.

All round great episode. I'm enjoying Animated a lot, I felt this was one of the best so far.