Transformers: Animated Episode 7 - Thrill of the Hunt Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by McBradders, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hate to say it, but loved it. I'm actually quite into the series now that I'm over the aesthetic hurdle, and this particular episode evoked a certain pathos that really resonated.

Translation: me likey.

2. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Finally getting around to this thread.

I watched the episode on both Saturday and Sunday, but both times I had brief interruptions. So I may have missed a couple little things -- for instance, I don't remember Ratchet using his magnets on a bell. I've got it taped, though.

Having said that, this ep is definitely my favorite so far. (Though I haven't gotten around to DLing and watching "Total Meltdown" yet.)

Fave moments:

- BB's horn, of course.
    - OP using the billboard to ramp Lockdown over the humans.
    - Arcee's voice.
    - Prowl's tire-to-the-face maneuver.
    - Ratchet's characterization overall, especially, "... you turned it into a WEAPON!"

I thought it was pretty well spelled-out. When Ratchet gets trapped under the door, he still has both crests. Lockdown punches him in the head, knocking him out. When Ratchet wakes up, the crest is broken.

:peoples:  Interesting.

They could still make Sari Arcee's headmaster partner, though....

*gets blaster and shovel ready*

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?p=1853723

:p 

3. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got done watching this episode and thought it was awesome. I like the direction of the episodes so far. How Lockdown had his own episode, and Starscream is seperated from his other commrades. It is almost like 3 seperate Decepticon alliances.

Also I just got my Lockdown animated figure in the mail the other day and is pure win, just like the show. Only thing is I wish he came with more "trophies" the saw "hand" on the figure would have kicked ass!!!

4. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And the answer is...

5. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

Well I actually saw this episode on Saturday but once again forgot to post. Another awesome episode! The Arcee cameo was excellent, I hope we see more of her later on. One really funny thing about this episode is that it corrected me on Arcee's name. All this time I have been calling her Acree. I obviously got the letters mixed up. So now I know. I loved Ratchet's back story and Lockdown was great. Lance Henriksen as Lockdown was amazing. That guy's great. Probably my favorite part about the episode was the way they dealt with Lockdown's "trophies". It wasn't some stupid kiddie thing. They actually dealt with mental scarring. I mean the guy was ripping parts out of these Transformers. That would be like some guy cutting off someone's fingers or ear or something so he could hang it on his wall. I can't wait for tomorrow's episode!

6. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh -- guess I misattributed that to discussion about ep 7. Duh. Thanks! :thumb 

7. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

You're not the only one to mispell her name. Ever since I was a kid all the way up until about 3 months of the message boards I used to think her name was spelled "RC" lol

Maybe it helped that RC cars were a big thing when I was a kid.

Bring on todays episode! I hope it's just as entertaining.

8. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    my tivo fucked up last weekend and I just discovered that I didn't get this one. Off to youtube I went.

WOW. I really didn't expect them to top the brilliance that was Grimlock on the very next episode. This one was great. Better than we deserve. 100% fresh and other movie review buzzwords. I'm amazed how good this series is and how much I like it.

9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:

A well done melee fight is all well and good, but at some point Optimus and co are going to have to wise up and get some firearms on their side. Even some long range stuff they can discard such as surface to air missiles to bring folk like Starscream, Lugnut and Blitzwing down to the ground where melee is possible.

And yeah a few firefights would be cool: but use ones like they had in the movie where Ironhide and Ratchet were constantly moving, firing, moving and taking cover which to my limited understanding is how most firefights are fought.

10. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    "Syndicated Package" Repeat on Today

This is my absolute favorite episode in the series thusfar. This post may repeat a few points, but after watching all episodes aired on CN so far, it's time to look back and reflect how this will impact future episodes.

Prime saves the man and woman from Lockdown. This is the same man from "Total Meltdown" where Professor Sumdac is showing off his latest model policebot, and it is destroyed.

I didn't catch this until today, but the reason Lockdown has a hook is because Ratchet destroyed his forearm. Then Lockdown turned around and destroyed part of his forehead wingtips and stole the EMP generator. In "Megatron Rising," Ratchet's forearm is destroyed but is replaced when the key is used on him. Therefore, does that mean Lockdown will have had the key used on him before he can turned into a vehicle because his "engine" -- or the EMP Generator -- is gone?

When Lockdown's ship crashed, did that mean he was stuck on Earth or was he able to go elsewhere? This will be answered in his episode with Prowl on the hunt for Starscream.

Prowl used the one gun to take out the other ones. Bulkhead is the one that destroys the last gun. Broadway, who has the same VA as Bulkhead, always seemed to make sure all guns were destroyed too.