Transformers: Animated - Episode 6 - Blast From The Past

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by McBradders, Jan 12, 2008.

1. FanTransformers

FanTransformers HUH !

News Credits:

Yes, in the beginning the Dinobots had red eyes (Megatrons influence) later after the Key merge with Bumblebee & Rachet they transformed - blue eyes, nice!!

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    SPOILERS/COMMENTS:

Holy crap, Bulkhead totally pwned all three dinobots single handed.
    Glad to see Prowl did save them, I wonder if this means that the Dinobots arent quite so against Car Robots now?

Back during BW, I thought BW Megs was determined for continuing his own agenda when imprisoned, but Animated Megs continuing with his own plans as a heavily damaged head, whilst imprisoned, blows it out the water.
    If he can do this much damage as a head, I hate to see what Starscream will have to suffer once Megs gets a body.

End Spoilers/Comments

3. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    that was sooooo kick ass. Me want grimlock. I loved this episode. Prowl is soo bad asssss

4. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just finished watching it

The Dinobots rock ^_^

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Okay this is going to be spoiler filled and I don't want to do the gray text ever other line so sorry. Then again after a long period of nothing to be happy about except G1 Robot Heroes maybe I deserve some fan-boyish giddyness with Animated.

Knew Dinobots were coming from all the spoilers but wow wasn't expecting them to come up with such an interesting way of putting them into the Animated Universe. Part Megatron, part Sumdac, part Ratchet and Bumblebee, part key, and part Prowl seeing life where no one else seems to have seen it. They could have gone with something simple but instead they gave us something nice to talk about with blurring the line now with robot life since the dinobots are not Cybertronian nor Earth bots but something new and fairly unknown compared to both types.

Loved Ratchet's line "That's nothing we've been around for 10 billon years".

Megatron, oh Megatron is working out to be one of the classics in villiany and not just a class Transformers villian. At first I was a bit worried that only being a head was going to hurt Megatron as a villian but the bot is just so darn evil. Really loving the way he plays off things like Sumdac's guilt to cause the doctor to overlook Megatron's obvious evil plans, or taking advantage of Grimlock not being the brightest new bot on the block to attack the Autobots.

Also really cool that they didn't just give us everything all at once with the Dinobots but we have to go back for more. I mean yea maybe they could have all transformered and talked and all that from the get go but the story would have been less for it. As they were only Prowl could see life there while everyone else thought they were just Earth scrap. Also a great way show just why Grimlock is the leader since he's way ahead of the others on everything. Combine that with what Megatron said on upgrades to Sumdac's designs and it's exciting to wonder just what else the Dinobot will do in later episodes.

Also thought it was cool for Prowl to have failed with Bulkhead. Too many cartoons would have had Prowl be successful and Bulkhead would have been more graceful at the end. Instead it adds to both Prowl's and Bulkhead's characters to have failed at it and see that faults are not always the worst thing in the world.

Animated Universe is shaping up really nicely into something that I want to see week after week to see how the characters and the story evolves. About the only other on going cartoon series I can say that about is Avatar the Last Airbender and Venture Brothers when it starts back up so that's saying something. Long live the era of characters and story!

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    So, Eric... You're admitting now that you WANT to hate Transformers Animated?

Seems like if you were even the slightest bit open-minded, you would hope for more designs you would like.

I loved the episode, and thought it was hilarious that yet again, optimus prime was a dick and didnt respect the dinobots lives at all. in G1, he wanted them trapped forever. in animated, he wants them melted down. nice, prime.

7. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Lovely episode, really brought back old memories from the old G1 series. And :lol  with Grimmie (voiced nicely by Kaye) when he tried to toast the birds at the end. Hopefully, Slag and Swoop get to speak in future eps.

Too bad we won't be seeing Snarl or Sludge in this series, according to last year's Botcon (if I remember correctly).

8. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow just saw it on youtube. Another great week. And I almost teared up hearing Kaye do a perfect Berger Grimlock. I immediately felt like a kid for the 1st time seeing the Dinobots. Prowl and Prime (even though he didn't do much) continue to be my favs. I love all the Autobots actually. I actually care for these characters more than the IDW version of the Autobots. There's actual characterization here. This show is special.

9. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

ok ok.. i like the dinobots... no beasts though.. please no....

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    got youtube link? i cant find it

11. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man I love this show already.

12. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really loved this episode. Things I liked:

-The Dinobots now have a feasible origin now.
    -Megatron is truly a master of deception, it sure helps though that Isaac Sumdac is really gullible.
    -Prowl's love of life and how he didn't let the Dinos destroyed, even if OP would have let it happen.
    -How Grimlock took his name... :)  Excellent!
    -Megatron talks of 'other adjustments' which, I bet, means not only the transformation mechanism, but also some other built-in weapons, like Slag's electric horns, or Swoop's rockets, maybe.
    -How Megatron makes the Dinobots hate cars and Autobots. Truly a hilarious idea...
    -The Dinobots start out really stupid, but Grimlock shows some of intellectual progress during the episode. Maybe they are some 'new idea' of the Allspark, pretty much newborn robots who learn and adapt?
    -Grimlock's robot mode, and his magma-encrusted flaming sword is simply, badass. And the lock-jaw really fits his personality well.
    -'Cameos' of Sludge and Snarl as other entertainment park robots.
    -"Dinobot Island", was a nice nod even if I don't like G1 cartoon Dinobots.
    -Swoop in 'cartoon' Diaclone colors! WOOT!
    -The way the Dinobots get their syntethic organic skin burned off to become the metallic dinos we know and like is just like the way it happened in IDW's Spotlight: Shockwave.

Things I didn't like:

- Bulkhead's clumsiness was waaaay overexaggerated.
    - Prowl says at the end that the Dinobots won't cause any more trouble as they won't leave the valley or the island. Umm, hello? Like, Swoop can fly?!?
    -Prowl, for all the speed and grace he's supposed to have, lets Bulkhead and then some trees fall on him.
    -Bulkhead threw the Dinobots into the tar way too easily.
    -Grimlock should have at least bitten the arm off one Autobot, to show he's not kidding...
    -Yes, we get it that you hate machines, Captain Fanzone. You don't have to repeat that same line in every episode...
    -Grimlock's T-rex arms are now gold. It shouldn't irk me, but it does... :( 

All in all, it's my second fav. episode so far, after the pilot. And, I even took the time and colored Swoop's design pic in his correct Animated colors:

[​IMG]

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Was awesome.

Bulkhead got a bit of characterization, though kinda saw the way things would unfold for him coming..but meh, whatever.

And the Dinobots...oh the Dinobots. They were awesome, just plain badass. Good to have seen at least Grimlock transform by episode's end.

Curious to see how the story with them unfolds and eventually why/how they join the autobots.

And on top of that all, more Megatron. Megatron is shaping up to be one of the best Megs we've ever had. Gotta love him playing Sumdac for a fool. And his work on the Dinobots, great.

Show gets better and better.

I'd say this is also my favorite episode...sans the premier.

And next week...fucking LOCKDOWN!

14. Sarge

Sarge Autobot Squad Leader

News Credits:
    So everyone picked up the 'Excuse me' line from Bulkhead but that was only half of the fan nod.

Immediately after Bulkhead smashes Swoop and tells Swoop 'My Bad'.

Absolutely classic!

15. twincast X99

twincast X99 Drag racing to the sky.

tranformers animated is great so far!!!The dinobots origin was unexpected and david kaye's voice for grimlock sounded exactly like the original. i can't wait for next weeks episode.

16. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Is it just me or Grimlock's line about cars may be a reference to Orwell's Animal Farm?

17. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    You know, it could be an intentional nod.

18. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

My favorite episode so far. Lots of nice charicter build up and the Dinobots were awesome.

19. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Excellent episode. Grimlock's voice is perfect.

20. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I think Bulkhead is a mechanical Patrick Star.