Transformers: Animated - Episode 6 - Blast From The Past

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by McBradders, Jan 12, 2008.

1. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

as grimlock said 'me Grimlock like,'

2. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, but torwards the end, Grimlock's dialog began to show a little more. It feels (and from the episode spoilers) that the 'dinobots' will be a "oh crap, Autobots need help" trio of characters.

But no where close to any Comic Grimlock yet.

3. chrizgrv

chrizgrv lurker in the depths

I really like this episode. So many fan nods.

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any screen grabs yet? I love Sat. mornings even more now. I feel like a kid again.

5. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought it was an excellent episode overall. I hope that the skipped episode doesn't have anything too glaringly obvious that it IS out of order (like Sumdac not knowing Megatron is awake).

Just curious though, why Grimlock had an Autobot symbol when he transformed at the end... I'm assuming it was Sari's key, but that still seems odd...

CHris

6. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

This is where they have a subplot focus on aparticular character.

Episode 4 was 'the prowl' episode. Episode 6 was 'the bulkhead' episode.

We know Ratchet is getting one soon with his flashbacks.

This is classic BM/SM/JL/TT storytelling. One part villian, one part individual character story in a seasonal serial format.

7. pitt55

pitt55 Well-Known Member

everytime grimlock spoke,especially the first time,i would smile without meaning to.been a long time.

this optimus is nothing like the one we know and love.while he may have done some time at the "academy",making him a small step above the other autobots,he's clearly not the powerful leader of all the autobots the old one was.ultra magnus kinda looked down on him and sentinel breaks his balls like an older brother would.maybe they are going to put him through the "boy becomes a man/hero" thing we saw with cheetor and cybertron hot shot.

bring on animated devastator!!

8. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I can't wait for the episode where Optimus and Grimlock team up.
    Having an Episode with Kaye talking to himself should be fun.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    You just lost any credibility you might have been trying to build up. You're clearly hoping this line fails, and you're utterly non-openminded about it. Do everyone who likes Animated a favour and stay out of the forum from now on; your comments can't be taken seriously by anyone any more.

10. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I will admit...I enjoyed this episode. And I haven't really been a fan of TFA thus far.

Interesting how Grimlock's name came to be, though. And as the episode progressed, I dug the Dinobots a bit more. Their origin here beats the hell out of the G1 (cartoon) origin, that's for sure (nothing beats the Marvel G1 origin though for plausibility). And the end of the episode with the birds crapping on Grimlock's snout...leading to his transformation...THAT was pretty neat.

Not a bad episode overall. Probably my favorite thus far. Didn't like the whole "Prowl teaching Bulkhead to be graceful" angle of the episode though, as it made Bulkhead look like a lumbering, clumsy idiot (which he clearly wasn't before this episode).

This must have been a good episode if I liked it and Eric didn't totally hate it. :lol 

11. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:

i know! i feel like i am 8 again waiting for my favorite saturday morning cartoon!!

i totally squealed outloud when grimlock spoke! all the dinobots were so awesome looking, and megatron rocks! i can't wait for him to get back in working order...

but i am still waiting for prime's backstory, though....he better have one! :D 

12. pitt55

pitt55 Well-Known Member

so do you think we missed bumblebees' hero episode?why would they commit the time and money making an episode that they are not gonna air?yeah,i'm not gonna let go of this "missing episode" thing till i get the episode.

13. pitt55

pitt55 Well-Known Member

"and hopefully it is the only one that i'll like" sounds like he is a die-hard who was totally against this new series without having seen any of it,and now that he is getting a few episodes into it finds that he likes it despite how he feels towards it.wants to hate it but cant help but like it.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They're still going to air it, dude. We just don't know when.

15. pitt55

pitt55 Well-Known Member

o.k. thanks.my gut just relaxed a little bit.

16. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pros:
    *Grimlock don't sound like Beast Era. Megatron!
    *All The Dinobots look like G1 Dinobots!
    *Prowl and Bulkhead hide them in Dinobot Island.

Cons:
    *Why Swoop and Slag can't Talk?
    *Megatron creats Dinobots more evil?
    *Why Swoop and Slag can't Transform too?

This Episode get a whopping: 10/10!

17. Predacon

Predacon Well-Known Member

Any Torrents up yet?

18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    When I first saw the resin prototype of Grimlock, I was underwhelmed, but now that I see his design in color(when he transformed at the end), I am excited! He looks bad ass.
    I don't think Swoop and Slag realize they can transform yet. Seems to me they already had sparks in them before Megatron "built" them, as it seems Megatron was surprised at a hint of cybertronian stuff in them. Or Sari's key gave them life while Ratchet and Bumblebee hit them with the EMP. Since Sari's key is the manifestation of the allspark and cybertronian itself, it could be what gave them the cybertronian essence.

Prowl has some redeeming qualities in what he did towards the end, but he is still a dick.

19. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, I wonder if they will go in-depth about Sparks and the creation of the Allspark.

20. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty obvious that the key gave them sentience and not that they already had sparks. Megatron built rudimentary transformer drones, but the key's all spark energy made them cybertronian.

Why are some people thinking the conflict between the autobots and the dinobots is over? Grimlock still thinks car robots are bad at the end. This is only the beginning. Also why are people saying that Swoop ans Slag not transforming or talking is a negative? It's called building up a story. The autobots have no idea that these are transformers yet. Optimus thinks they are simply earth robots run-a-muck.

I think it's cool that they are saving the transformation of the dinobots for a future episode. It's called suspense and foreshadowing. When they autobots find out the dinobots transform, they'll be like "wtf?" and then have a mystery to figure out which will lead them to Megatron I'm sure.