Transformers: Animated - Episode 6 - Blast From The Past

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by McBradders, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Jedah

Jedah Bring me sunshine.. TFW2005 Supporter

Finally seen the episode on youtube and it just gets better an better, cant wait for more.
    Im loving Grimlocks voice, fits so well with his old G1 one, i cant wait to hear the other dinobots voices!

2. Grimlock_35116

Grimlock_35116 DinoBot Leader

Well, I am truly Lovin' this show. It seems to get better every episode. Let's hope it continues to go this way. I've been a TF fan since 1984 and of course I'm a G1 fanatic. That being said, it's okay if others don't like TF Animated. But, keepin' it real and all, aren't there some things we all don't like with every other TF show. Just be glad we have a new TF series.

3. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i missed last week ep of tf anime and who is new voice of grimelock

4. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

David Kaye, you can find all the VA info on Teletraan-1 Wiki.

5. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

I actually saw this episode but forgot to comment on it. XD Anyway another great episode. Like many of you I had no idea what the episode was going to be about when I started watching it so imagine my delight when it turned out to be the dinobots. I loved Grimlock. David Kaye did a superb job as him and captured the G1 personality very well. "Cars and trucks bad! Car robots worse!!!" great stuff. Megatron continues to be the best Megatron since G1 and gets better and better with every episode. "Please don't tell my autobot friends." I love the facade he's putting on for the professor. I only had 3 complaints with the episode.
    1. I didn't understand why the dinobots had sparks. So because they had cybertronian technology in them and they got hit with an emp now they suddenly have sparks? Doesn't really make sense.
    2. I wish Swoop and Slag had talked.
    3. I didn't like that they tried to use this as Bulkhead's episode. He should have been given a different episode. Halfway through your so enthused by the dinobots that when Bulkhead does something it's like, "Oh yeah this is his episode isn't it."
    All in all another awesome episode.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Sari's key (being a conduit for the Allspark) combined with the EMP is what gave them life, not the EMp and Cybertronian tech alone.

There's still a lot of stuff that they don't know the key can do. It brought Prime back to life, is it so hard to beleive it can bring the Dinobots to life?

7. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    kids will love this im sure.

its a great shame the toys arent out now as they'd be ramming bulkhead into the dinos shouting 'my bad' and 'me grimlock', im not sure the elaborate non kid oriented movie will inspire simple character role play like that.

i wonder if hasbro has made a mistake starting the toon 6 months ahead of the toys, i wonder if parents will be in store looking for the grimlock that johnny asked for??

8. Grimlock_35116

Does anyone think that Sari's key will end up being Vector Sigma?

9. Grimlock_35116

1. Sari's key is the reason they have sparks now.
    2.The Dinobots WILL be in future episodes. So, Swoop and Slag will definately get their chances to talk & transform.
    3.I believe the Bulkhead tie in with the Dinobots is summed up with Prowl's quote at the end of the show. ("Just because something is Big, Lumbering & Destructive doesn't mean we should give up on it.") That's why the Dinobots are sharing this episode with Bulkhead. To show the similarities they share. And, I have a feeling because of that, Bulkhead will probably sympathize with the Dinobots in future episodes.

10. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

It's either that or wait six months for the show. Remember their main line at the moment are those Movie toys.

11. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Quick thoughts on this episode before the next one airs this morning...

I kind of liked Grimlock's voice and then I kind of didn't. I think Kaye captured more of the goofy Grimlock and no where near enough of the badass Grimlock that we love. But as far as the goofy Grimlock, there was some times where his tone sounded very much like Greg Berger's voice.

Right now I am seeing Sumdac becoming the Dr. Archeville character. I got the exact same vibes watching Sumdac's relationship with Megatron as I did when I used to watch Dr. Archeville with Megatron and Starscream. Which, oh by the way, I predict we will see Starscream kidnap Sumdac at some point in the show for his own treachorous scheme behind Megatron's back.

Overall I liked it. I wish I could have enjoyed it better (I had ADD figity spells that day) but I liked where they're going. I just hope they make Grimlock more badass and less comedian and develope the other dinobots personalities as well.

12. Rodimus

I think it would take a while before kids really caught on anyway. This just came out. Usually a new hit show with kids takes a little while to get the word out and spread the word around with all their friends before it becomes that popular amongst those age groups. For example, the original Transformers came out in 1984. I, myself didn't even know about the original Transformers until 1985 and THAT'S when I started watching/getting toys. I found out through a friend who was a year older and would bring over TF Toys.

I do think that 6 months is a bit too much, though.

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Who is this "we" you speak of? Some of us like goofy Grimlock, just an FYI.

14. Rodimus

You're getting me wrong and drawing your own conclusions here. I love goofy Grimlock just as much as the next guy. (Evidence of my youtube video clip I made). But alot of people also love Grimlock for his bad ass side. He kicked ass and took names and had a sarcastic arrogant vibe to him in his original incarnation.

"You don't Frighten me you overgrown bucket of bolts!"
    "Good Megatron... We LOVE stupid enemies."

Plus he had a way of putting all the other dinobots in their place. Same with Decepticons. And you gotta love the way he would yell "Dinobots! Transform and DESTROY!!!"

I never implied nobody liked goofy Grimlock, so I think we need to clear that up. I was just saying that this tone of voice captured mostly all of the goofy side and not enough of his badass side with the way it sounded. I think he's smarter than what this episode of Animated showed him as. Hopefully they'll develope that intelligence in following episodes.

15. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

Me Smangerbot Like!