Transformers: Animated - Episode 6 - Blast From The Past

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by McBradders, Jan 12, 2008.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    man, now that's more like it. I'm not reading all pages of this thread, but with all of the little g1 references, and more pure focus on the robots, I definitely liked this episode a TON more than all of the previous ones.

2. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Only thing that bothered me is that Bulkhead should NOT be stronger than the Dinobots.

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

^Why not?? He's clumsier, he should be stronger.

4. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Because thats what the Dinobots are all about. They should be the biggest badasses.
    Dinosaurs > Armored person carriers
    Clumsy doesn't mean stronger

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    while the villain of this episode - the dinobots - is kinda throwaway, this episode establishes a few things:

- megs deviousness and sumdac's naiveté
    - yet another new application for sari's key (im expecting a freudian fan dissertation of this phrase in the near future)
    - new team dynamics between prowl and bulkhead

i know its just 5 episodes so far but theyve managed to avoid retreading previous plot elements, not bad.

6. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

yeah, its not bad. I could sit here and pick at its flaws, but in the end i'm just happy that there is a new TF show.

7. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    He pretty much caught them off guard while they were still new to the world in general. I doubt he'd find it so easy next time.

8. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Absolutely loving this series so far.

Grimlock is pure love for the fans and should go a long ways in helping to create new fans. Sumdac is as smart as they come, but we've already seen that he's way too trusting with his daughter so his trusting of Megatron is believeable.

9. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this. :lolol 

A Grimlock figure is now on my list of must-haves. Scratch that... Make that all the Dinobots!

10. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Hey, even if you do watch the subtitled anime, you probably still miss out on many word jokes because you're not fluent in understanding Japanese are you? Someone watching Animated subtitled in their language would probably wonder why Bumblebee saying "Don't be" in reply to Sari telling him her name.

Oh and I have noticed in some dubbed anime where the joke was a play on english words and it fit the animation perfectly.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well If I remember well Bulkhead = The Thing.
    The Thing probably threw dinosaurs before too.

12. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I do, and Many fan subs and regular subs a language specific joke is usually noted on the screen which tries to explain the weird dialog.

And that is what I like, it was written for my native language, I don't have to worry about horrible DUBs.

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Just the horrible "lip synching" :( 

14. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Brill episode, I'm warming to this series a lot and now firmly place it thus in the heirachy of shows, from ace to shit:

BW > Animated > BM > American G1 > Japanese G1 > Cybertron > RiD > Energon > Armada

By the end of the series, it may beat BW in my personal rankings, we'll have to see.

15. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think he's stronger, I think his sudden competence on the battlefield took them all by surprise. Here's an idiot who was falling allover the place earlier, suddenly gets effective all of a sudden.

Historically, the Dinobots are VERY strong. Anyone who isn't Swoop or Grimlock has a 9 strength. I wonder if that trend continues here...

I DO wonder how strong Bulkhead is...I give him a 9.

Optimus is at most is an 8. Megatron looks strong, but it's hard to gauge because of his size. We're talking 8+, possibly a 9, depending on how big he is. But I think Lugnut is supposed to be STRONGER still. Now that guy, I'd give a 10.

I hope the tech specs are show accurate...it destroys Bulkhead and Lugnut as "strong guys" if Optimus and Megatron are stronger because they are the leaders.

16. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena CyberCon is #1! Veteran

News Credits:
    The series so far has been pure love. I couldn’t help but smile with all of the G1 nods and upon first appearance of the Dinobots. I love Prowl’s development and dig Bumblebee’s humor. I can’t wait to see how the story fleshes out.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude, long time no see.

18. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena CyberCon is #1! Veteran

News Credits:
    Hey man! Been really busy with work, family, and new home. Barely had time to watch the last ep of Animated. Good seeing you bud.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No worries, I can understand that I haven't even been able to play Halo with you guys...

Oops, derailing...

Animated FTW!!! Dinobots FTW!!!

20. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Pretty sweet episode. Thought the Dinobots were pretty cool and liked the origin that was given for the Dinobots. Megatron is continuing to be a calculating bastard. I liked the whole fake story he gave the doctor, especially the "I blame myself' line. I liked the subplot in the episode with Prowl and Bulkhead, and ending with Dinobot Island. Really didn't mind Grimlock transforming until the end, and having him transform came as a shock to the rest of the Dinobots. Also, Kaye is pretty much spot on with the voice of G1 Grimlock. Looking forward to seeing more of the Dinobots and hopefully see Swoop and Slag speak and transform.