Transformers Animated Episode 4 - Home is Where the Spark Is - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by McBradders, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Lady Dragoon

Lady Dragoon FOR THE HORRDEEEE!!!!!!!!

Far as I know, it's still in the lake.

2. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    This was a really fun episode. I like what they're doing with Prowl, and Angry Archer is hilarious.

Corey Burton is absolutely chilling as Megatron.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I really like Megatron's reaction to his surroundings. And the little pocket-bot on the move is funny.:lol 

I'm starting to warm up to Prowl, now that I see why he's a prick, he seems like less of a prick. BB rocks too.

Awesome.

4. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    Loved it. Good to see that, while down, Megatron is certainly not out. The Autobots have some great characterization. I love when Sari is explaining the sleep over. Prime and Bulkhead are classic in that scene.

True, no really big threat, but it's not too bad. My only gripe is a minor one, and that is that the transformations didn't looks as good as the pilot. They were tasmanian devil-ish. It's almost like they're saying "we can't possibly show parts interchanging with these designs, so we'll do a real quick change." However, when Prowl did it, it seemed to fit nicely. So, who knows.

All in all, I'm a fan. Can't wait for the Decepticons to arrive!

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    cool stuff

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Got to say good episode.

Angry Archer went just long enough to be funny but not so long that he wore off. Kind of an evil Green Arrow, with a techno update, and a nerd that had played Robin Hood one too many times at Ren Fair. Short and funny just like it should be.

Was nice to have reasons to like Prowl rather than him just being a prick. He's still different than the other Autobots but he's gone all cool sort of Samuri as he attempts to understand the organic that humans take for granted and the other Autobots don't seem interested in.

Megatron is shaping up nicely as well. It's sort of all the cooler aspects of the different Megatrons all rolled into one really cool Megatron. Even as just a head so far he's just all sorts of cool evil. Nice set up as well for later episodes to have some connection between episodes.

Just not too sure about the Autobot base because it seems a little too much like the Turtle Lair from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles right down to using junk to furnish the place. But with no backward knees at least everyone can sit :D 

7. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That was an excellent episode. The story was great, the animation was flawless and the action was amazing! I actually want to watch it again!

BB and Prowl are now my favorite characters, along with Megatron.

Spoils:

"Stillness." "From Bumblebee!? We're dead!":lolol 

These 'Bots use their bodies to their full extent, utilizing vehicle mode parts in robot mode and even half-transforming!

8. Belzebub

Belzebub Member

Pretty cool episode. Prowl rulez, the spirit of his character is awsome.
    (BTW: The final scene looks to me like from Die Hard 2 :) 

9. optimus42

optimus42 Preserving the classics

If we could have just had Ratchet say "Yippie-ki-yay" it would have been perfect.

10. Bulkhead2.0

Bulkhead2.0 Elite Guard Intelligence

News Credits:
    certainly a good episode, I didnt expect angry archer to appear so soon in the series

11. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    I officially loathe Satalite TV.

Ok, so I have cable at home, and there, they air everything pacific time. But here in San Diego, where I'm going to school, we have Satalite. Unfortunately, NO ONE TOLD ME THAT SATALITE TV OPERATES ON EASTERN TIME! Damnit! I slept right through the show!

Need torrent. Now. :( 

12. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

It's apparently playing again tomorrow at 11 a.m.

13. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

I'll just explain some things that people feel may be a problem but I understand to each his own.

*spoilers*

- the kiddie stuff or Autobots having a go at human recreational activites. This is nothing new. If Spike had been a kid Sari's age, the Autobots would sure to be found playing the same age activities. But since Spike was a teen, they played football, baseball (drooling, anyone?) and had snowball fights.
    -Sari's use of the key. For me, though Sari's use of the key is pretty understandable because she's a kid. If I had a cool thing like that as a kid, I would pretty much try do a lot of things just to see how much it can do.
    -the anime expressions. There wasn't a lot of them and besides, this is made by the same ppl behind TT. Personally, I liked TT. I didn't get to watch it often but the episodes I saw I liked because of the story and action.

Now for the really good points:

Burton rocks as Megs again. Shiverworthy. SS is so screwed.
    Prowl! This was all about him. His bantering with Bumblebee was kinda funny. I liked that BB isn't all goody-goody but he can be annoying too. Not the irritating kind but fun annoying.
    I can definetely sense some thing not good coming out of Sari's use of the key. A plot twist would be nice.

All in all, it was a good episode sure not totally great but good enough for a first episode. The premiere was a combination of 3 episodes actually so you can't compare it to that.
    Besides, who knows what will happen later? Let's just keep our fingers crossed for that.

14. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

I don't think she is an annoyance. She is a great contrast to the Autobots. If it were just the bots the show would not be good. Just like G1, the humans were a great compliment to the story, even though a lot of people thought Spike was annoying too.

It really fits the style of animation. I don't think this style would be right without the anime expressions. And this style is something that kids now a days like, given the trend now a days. If kids did not like this style, it would have shown in the ratings of other shows, and it would not be popular.

I want you to name one show where there were humans and lots of gunfire being thrown around, and they were not able to dodge a gazillion bullets being thrown at them. Its been like this since the beginning of action cartoons with gunfire. Seriously, what?

He will be. Lots of cartoons with superheroes have always had little villains that never make it back. How many small time villains have we seen in the other superhero cartoons have we seen? They don't spend 100% of their time fighting the few main ones.

For me its an A+. The development of Prowl is continuing from the first three. In those ones, we saw him evolve from a hothead that only thinks of himself. In the end of the first 3, he gives prime a quote saying that he learned teamwork the hard way. Prowl was further developed in this episode, and I think will continue to play an ever more important role in the series.

On a side note, this episode kind reminded me of the episode where the Autobots were playing snow fight with Spike for some reason. Maybe just because they were playing twister.

15. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Enjoyed the episode, I hope the Autobot base won't consist of them watching that TV every episode >__<" But the Prowl take was pretty cool, I wonder how his view of Blackarachnia will be since she is a meld of both organic and technological.

Megs is pure win, I wonder if he does establish an army of Automatons on Earth. If he does, I could totally see him dubbing them as Vehicons under the Decepticon flag. That'd be really cool, perhaps get in Obsidian and Strika too lol

16. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

I have to add something about Sari. She's not as worse as the UT kids. Did anyone notice she was missing during the battle? I kept thinking 'hey did she get tied up too or something?'
    :rolleyes: 

17. frenzy.mp3

frenzy.mp3 Boisterous Ruffian

I missed it....

Any way I can see it, torrents don't work for me.

=(

18. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

It's already on Youtube, just search it up, 3 parts in all.

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    She probably did the most sensible thing and took cover like human characters SHOULD. Guess she learned her lesson after the Starscream incident.

20. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

Bulkhead is a mix between the thing and the hulk, its awesome! "Smashing is fun!"