Transformers Animated Episode 4 - Home is Where the Spark Is - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by McBradders, Jan 5, 2008.

1. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 
    he got some 'splanin to do :lol 

ahhhh, I'm so annoyed that i cant see it yet

2. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

BTW did anyone else notice the intro seqence seemd a little different? It seemed like more Decepticons showed up and there seemed to be a little more color?

3. Infosaur

Oh yeah, that was funny. That is SOOO gonna come back in Screamer's pointy chin face later. All these Decepticons look like real threats so I imagine Megatrons concept of revenge will be,,,, brutal.

4. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pros:
    -Megatron. SO AWESOME. And being able to control all those machines so well is likely a great taste of things to come.
    -General Autobot interaction-- each one brings something unique to the table
    -The action-- thank goodness it's no longer "stand and fire at stuff", it's quite intense for a kids' show.
    -Prowl. Again, 'nuff said.

Cons:
    -Sari, again. Yeah, it looks like she's going to be a regular annoyance on the show, sadly enough.
    -GOOFY ANIME EXPRESSIONS. GAH. The first three episodes did a pretty good job of bypassing those, this one didn't. And here I thought this series wasn't going to have those, that's a MAJOR disappointment for me.
    -Sari being able to dodge a gazillion bullets being fired at her. Seriously, what?
    -The Angry Archer. Yeah, he has a bit of "OMG obscure homage!" campiness, but taken by himself he's just annoying. Glad to see he played a very minor role in the episode, and I hope he isn't indicative of the other human supervillains.

Overall, this episode gets a C from me. The way the ep guides look the series will increase in quality overall as the season progresses, but right now after the big intro trilogy it's kind of eh (though still waaaay better than the Unicron Trilogy).

5. Belzebub

Belzebub Member

Kdy už to kurvadrát hodíte na ten torrent?!

ARGH! I´m getting crazy, can´t wait for it! :) 

6. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

It felt to have more decepticon footage. I can't wait to see Lugnut and Blitzwing in action, the footage makes them look awesome.

The autobots really do feel weak and under equipped to fight these guys.

7. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Still entertaining. I love the continued use of BB's car parts in bot mode. Hey they're there why not use them. The more cinematic action is apreciated and more fun to watch than what has been offered previously.

Sari reviving Megs is so reminsent of G1 SS reviving the Autobots.

8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I forgot to see the episode today (much to my chagrin), because I REALLY wanted to post on this one, just to see if Animated got any better. Soon as the torrent comes out, I'll be back with my review.

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yeah, forgot.

FORSOOTH!

10. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

The Angry Archer was dumb, couldn't help but think of that hippy Green Arrow when I was watching him.

Megatron is def. shapin up to be a bad ass and yes this new Prowl is nice. The ol' G1 conservative everything by the book Prowl made him such a tool, was still a good char. but just a tool.

This show has a good sense of humor as well :D 

11. Infosaur

In fairness they weren't bullets, they were rivets. Which frankly wouldn't be an acurate projectile at greater than 20 yards. (Paintballs have the same problem, no spin)

Assuming that they probably aren't much bigger than an eraser for a #2 pencil they probably don't mass very much either. So even a small girl like Sari probably could take a few hits from them. Sting a bit, but not fatal.

The Autobots being car sized are much bigger targets. Scratch the paint or maybe lodge into joints?

Actually I applaud the show for such a subtle difference.

In G1 (GI Joe actually) they could shoot out everything on the block but only "stun" humans.

FORSOOTH!

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Can't wait for your review. Hell, if you Youtube it, it has potential to beat the Angry Videogame Nerd when it comes to the sheer entertainment level. :D 

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't worry I got a joke to your type of person too!

WHAT'S BIG AND UGLY?
    PROWL'S CHIN HAHAHAHAHA!

14. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Dare I say that this series is shaping up to be as good as G1/BW/BM?????

Ok yes I do dare say.

I'm loving Corey Burton's Megatron voice,it's so cold and calculating,it hasn't been like that since well Frank Welker's G1 Megs voice.

David Kaye's Optimus is growing on me,he's a great voice actor.I can't wait to hear him say "Autobots transform and roll out" again.

Ummmmm what else?Oh yea,I'm really loving Prowl.
    I loved the whole ninja/Japanese decor in his quarters.I'm also loving his fascination with the organics,he is definetly gonna be the new Silverbolt.As far as his voice being spot on for Silverbolt,I don't think so,Jeff Benett is Prowl's VA and Scott McNeil was Silverbolt's VA,now not to say Jeff didn't pull some inspiration from Scott's voice.

If I was to grade this episode I'd say a 8/10 because of the lack of a "real" Decepticon threat.Also I can't wait to see Megs with a full body.

Oh yea almost forgot............................

FORSOOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Sure they had a few minor ones, but nothing as extreme as what they do in Teen Titans.

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Oh good.

17. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Glad I'm not the only one looking forward to it.

18. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

Wait, my memory sucks. What happened to the Autobot's ship in Lake Erie?

19. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prowl's expanded characterization in this episode makes him trump BB as my new favorite! :) 

Initially I thought BB was way too spazzy at the beginning of the episode, but I got what they were going for by the end...

All in all, pretty good, not fantastic, but still much better than anything TF we've seen in a loooong time.

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Knock this off, the pair of you, or you'll be watching this thread from the sidelines.