Transformers Animated Episode 26 - Black Friday Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Rotorstorm, Jun 4, 2008.

1. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

ahh thanks for the refresher.

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    after autoboot this was just an okay episode. cool to see dinos again tho. I also like how fanzone keeps dismissing Powell.

op looking not affected by meltdowns touch bugged me a little. but then I remember its a kids show.

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    such a disappointing episode. Sari, Nobody's home is much more enjoyable.

4. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Two points that I agree with 100% (Fanzone/Meltdown touch)...

Also not liking the "Grimlock crazy for Blackarachnia" thing...it was a nice idea but way too over the top...and what's with Grimlock not being able to hit the beast with his sword...that was kind of annoying (Grimlock aka...I carry a big sword but don't know how to use it)...

He reminded me of UM in this episode...

5. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Caught it on TV this morning, liked it. Love Grimlock's flaming sword. And Powell being insulted by Fanzone was the best.

6. dinobotdude44

dinobotdude44 Cliffjumping Jazz

this was one of my fav episodes so far

7. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I liked Grimlock in this episode. They are really displaying his humourous side, without making him as over the top stupid as Season 3 Grimlock. BA also had some nice moments in this episode. I think that if she ever does purge her organic side, she'd just become the Animated equivelant of a Transmetal.

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I really really really liked how Fanzone kept dissing Powell. I hate when people like Powell think they're all High'n'mighty and can do whatever they want.

It was nice to see Blackarachnia again. I was saying to my sister how there were so many Ratchet and Blackarchnia toys at Toys R Us yesterday because "Ratchet's kinda boring and Blackarachnia's barely in the show" lol

9. Black Sideswipe

Black Sideswipe TFW2005 Supporter

This episode was kind of weird. BA didn't really need to commit any "crimes" or manipulate anyone in this episode, so the plot, while refreshingly complex, seemed a bit contrived. That is, there wasn't even really a reason for BA to attack the Autobots when they arrived on the island. She probably could have gotten away with saying, "oh hey, Optimus, I'm having Meltdown purge my organic for me," and I don't think Optimus would have cared. He probably would have even helped her get the thingy from Powell in a more PC fashion, since he'd probably love to see her get rid of her organics, too, and maybe even become an Autobot again.

Anyway, interesting episode. It'd be cool to see what an all-organic BA or other TF would look like some day.

10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're forgetting Strika, she's the "Helga the Horrible" type. I wish they'd bring her back...

Anyways, saw this at Botcon, but wanted a refresher before I wrote a review:

Negatives:
    -Blackarachnia's constant attempts at seducing everyone are starting to get a bit old/annoying. Plus, it sort of goes against the whole "I'm ugly/I'm a monster" thing.
    -Sari seriously thinking about getting Meltdown to help them in anyway seems a bit of a stretch, and a bit too obvious of a segue into the whole "The Autobots freed Meltdown!" accusation.
    -Prowl and Bumblebee were basically there for no reason except for the "no talking" subplot.-Was the reason why Meltdown... well... melted is because he touched the converter thingy? I don't think they made it clear enough why that happened-- I can't figure it out.

Positives:
    -The "no talking" subplot was hilarious.
    -Grimlock had a lot of good one-liners in this ep, which have already been mentioned. "Where thingie!?" and "Me Grimlock go with you, but Me Grimlock go with you ALONE!" are my faves.
    -Fanzone's attitude towards Jesse Jack-- I mean, uh, Porter C. Powell FTW. (Whose initials are PCP, I just realized...)
    -Nice overall plot that builds very well on previous episodes. Plus, Dinobots worship of Blackarachnia was great, as was Grimlock's fiery jealousy. Optimus Prime also had a great role.

Overall, very nice episode, although not quite one of the best. A-.

11. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Heh I gots me a Grimmy

[​IMG]

He seemed VERY G1 s.3 this episode,,,, not sure how much I like that but it IS a cool nod.

Really for a minute I thought MD was going to be succesfull and remove (or split) the organic from the mechanical in BA's form (you know,, it sounds good on paper, but as an engineer,, I still can't imagine this in real life)

I didn't think she'd die, but that there'd be an all organic BA.

I really don't know why BB & Sari would visit Meltdown in jail in the first place. Are they running out of leads?

12. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

heh, Grimlock is a lovable character.

13. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Finally a good episode. I haven't enjoyed one since The Elite guard hope these last few make up for it.

14. NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I like this episode a lot. And every time I watch Grimlock in it I laugh harder and appreciate his toy even more. Here we see a melding of the different sides of his personality prevalent in the G1 show - boneheaded and stubbornly aggressive, a caveman-like sense of superiority over Optimus (based on height, of course :D ), fierce warrior ("No one tell me Grimlock how to fiiiight!" - too awesome), and of course, his more gentle sides like in the Rodimus era of the G1 show. I think he's better balanced here overall, though. He went from big, tough guy to almost benign in the original cartoon, but here he feels much more well-rounded. Again, a testament to the writers in that they have been taking a lot of the best of the past and distilling it into TFA. I will always and forever love G1 Grimlock (never got his toy though, *sob*), but TFA Grimlock is easily one of my favorite characters from the show, hands down.

I can't wait to see how Snarl (he'll always be Slag to me) and Swoop are personified eventually. Then again, I kind of like how they're the Darryl and Darryl to his Larry, so maybe it's a purposeful thing that they don't talk. Yet :) 

15. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They'll never have personalities. Isenberg said they didn't pick voice actors for them (and won't) because of budget.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Just because they don't have voicces doesn't mean they can't have personallities. Already we're getting glimpses of their attitudes by how they fight. Swoop rushes in and flings the monsters around while Snarl casually lumbers over and knocks them out. That implies Swoop takes more initiative while snarl likes to take his time.

17. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Just because they don't have the budget now doesn't mean they won't have it later.
    Unless they get the same amount for each season no matter how well the show does.

18. Beastbot X

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I meant more than a few gestures. I wouldn't really call those much of "personalities". Now, when they start miming, give me a call.

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My impression is that Meltdown didn't necessarily expect BA to survive the process, given his line about using remaining arachnid tissue in his own experiments. If she did live though it, the intent was that she be little more than a guinea pig anyway.

20. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Heh, my vote is for Swoop to be Jay and Snarl to be Silent Bob.

Grimlock: "Dinobots! Attack!"
    Swoop: "Snoogin!"
    Snarl: "..."