Transformers Animated Episode 23 "A Fistful of Energon" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Sol Fury, May 24, 2008.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Prowl goes off on his own to capture the fugitive Starscream, but finds some competition in the form of a Decepticon bounty hunter.

Enjoy everyone, I've personally been looking forward to this one for a long while. Remember, Do not use this thread to complain that the episode is not available online or ask when it will be.

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  2. Mxprime

Mxprime Banned

Oh this would be the debut of the sidecar armor won't it?

3. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah it is and more Lockdown :D 
    what time GMT does it start? [sorry but I genuinely don't know]

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Well, normally when I browse around 4 in the afternoon Split Lip has put up his excellent play by plays.

5. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks sol, this is the episode I'm most looking forward too, it just sounds awesome :D 

6. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With this one, then Black Friday and Autoboot camp coming next, we are looking forward to a great June! :) 

7. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    OK Im already Up for this one!

8. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    This one should be awesome. :D 

9. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

I cant wait Lockdown is returning OMG!I cant wait!

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'm up! Got Prowl and Lockdown next to me (with BB) and I'm eagerly waiting for the next ep. Think I'll rewatch some old ones in the meantime.

I nearly had a heartattack this morning, I COULDN'T FIND SKY-BYTE! Turns out he fell off my shelf and unto my chair (one of those nylon type slidy ones) and slide off and fell behind my T.V. set. (technically the x-box, but their right beside eachother)

Just thought I'd mention that because I have to find some way to kill time till 11.

11. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    No one deserves the worry of losing Sky Byte, glad you could find him.

Back on topic, like pretty much everyone else Im highly looking forward to Lockdown's return.

12. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    8 Minutes till Ninja-Pirate-Samurai-Starscream-clone-goodness.

HURRY THE FUCK UP STORM HAWKS!!! I want TF:A NAO!

<-Is impatient.

13. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its started :D 

14. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    This is the one with Starscream's clones right?

I want to see how the female clone is handled.

15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Okay, sop already this ep rocks. It opens with Starscream bustin' out of the Elite Guard's ship, bellowing and cursing Megatron's name into the void. We cut to Prowl who's chillin' with some deer on Dino Island when Bulkhead walks up and scares them away. Ratchet and Prime ask Prowl about wether or not he believes the Dinobots should be detained using Ratchet's EMP (which Prowl has) and stasis cuffs when Grimlock goes bonkers. Turns out the poor dude just has a metal sharp in his foot and Prowl and Bulk's pull it out. Grimlock is happy. Magnus phones up Ops and gives him the low-down on SS. Prowl and Bulk's send the sky-spy to track down SS and Prowl wants to go after him, but Bulk's reminds him that solo work is not his style. Prowl takes the mini-shuttle (Omega had a baby!) and goes off.

16. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why didn't Magnus come back to help? It's his fault Starscream escaped.

17. knook

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sounds great can't wait to see it on the tube

18. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

that was a pretty awesome episode.

19. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Okay, so we're back.

SS and Prowl are beefin' but when Prowl slaps teh cuffs on him Lockdown shows up and they fight some more. Turns out SS's Allspark peice makes him immune to stasis cuffs and he hets away, blowing up Prowl's ship as he does. Lockdown bugs out and Prowl hitches a ride and sneaks inside. Serious bot LD is not ammused but Prowl tells him taht only the two of them can track starscream. Lockdown notices Prowl using one of his upgrades when he attacks, so he offers Prowl a full set. Together they hunt down Starscreram, who's suddenly a whimpering pansy, and Lockdown take him to Meagtron. (Much to Prowl's surprise) When the Autobots show up ANOTHER SS comes and wreaks havoc. prowl pulls out everything he's got and beats him to tinfoil, but he accidently destroys the surrounding area including a birds nest with unhatched eggs. (this is especially sad since at teh beginning of the ep he had to save a nest from Grimlock's rampage) Ratchet tells him that the mods are too much and he's truning into a Decepticon. Prowl agrees but says he'll ditch the mods after bagging the other Starscream, and then speeds off.

At the meeting point Megs, the 'Cons and LD make talks when Prowl shows up. Prime ansd Ratchet soon bust in and it's a standoff, until that is, Bulhead shows up with the other SS. Megs is piiiisssed. He threatens everyone and tells no one to leave, that is until teh clones are revealed to be... BOMBS! Megs shouts "Transform and rise up!" and the three 'Cons book. Prowl, finally seeing the error of his ways straps his armour's jetpack to the Starscream clones and rockets them upward, saving Detroit and almost cooking Megs. (though he outruns the blast) Lockdown has dissapeared.

Prowl says he's sorry to everyone and give Ratchet his EMP back. Prowl realizes that even the wisest of us can be corrupted sometimes.

we cut to Starscream arrogantly twiddling stasis cuffs as he listens to Megs' universal broadcast about him increasing the bounty on Starscream. SS fumes, but collects when he realizes that he has plenty more oppertunities left. As it turns out his has rows of clones standing by.

The end.

He mentioned that he tried to catch him but his missing Transmitter made it difficult to contact Optimus. Their ship was damaged when SS broke out and they couldn't pursue until it was fixed. hopefully this means that once they do fix it they'll return to Eartth and bring Jazz!

Highlights of this ep:

Grimlock acting like a Dinobot. Getting a metal spike stuck in his foot reminded me of that old story about the mouse and the lion with the thorn in his foot.

Prowl gets some uber-ass exposure. He carries grudges and sorta reverts when he wants to tackle SS by himself despite his better judement.

The fights were brutal. The animation was the best we've had in a while. (not quite the level of HIWTSI, but close, may be the same but that epo took place at night, this takes place at day so it's hard to compare)

Lockdown's interior is SICK! Chain steeringwheel, skull stick-shift. It's like Tim Burton's car. He still has the rub symbol.

20. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was Lockdown vs. Prowl a cool fight scene like the last time? Thanks for the answer about Magnus! Didn't realize SS trashed their ship.