Transformers Animated Episode 19: "Mission Accomplished" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Apr 26, 2008.

1. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Parts of this episode I LOVED, parts I HATED. I love the idea of an "immortal" Starscream... but I hated the fact they reduced him to little more than Jack the Undead Monkey from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I think they could have handled that better.Taking him back to Cybertron is interesting, since that is probably where Skywarp and Thundercracker are. Starscream is obviously not a union-card carrying member of the Decepticons anymore, so it will be interesting to see how that relationship develops.

I loved the fact that Prime finally got the respect he deserves from Autobot Command and loved the powerful imagery of Megatron in this cartoon. He is far more vicious than any previous incarnation of that character (possibly tied with the movie version, but movie Megs got so little screen time).

I still hate Fanzone and Sari. Both could die and I'd be a far happier person.

2. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Hillarious! Starscream is immortal and goes through the many deaths of Waspinator! Op vs. Sentinel again! Sari and Fanzone! Plus an exciting action sequence when they stop the train -yea teamwork! And Ironhide cameo, cool!

3. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    I liked the reference to a "double agent" by Megatron. Maybe Punch/Counterpunch or Double Dealer?

4. leadsled

leadsled the word is "Mortifying"

awesome ep

im likin this show more and more every week

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great episode. I loved the montage of Starscream trying to off Megatron, then getting his momentarily lifeless body dumped in the river again. :lol 

I'm a little disappointed to see the Elite Guard pulling out so soon. I was at least hoping for an episode where Sentinel runs into Blackarachnia. Still, they finally got proof of the Decepticons' existence on Earth and Magnus stopped being such a jerk to Optimus (I loved Magnus getting his ass kicked by Starscream - beautiful moment). On the upside, though, with the Elite Guard gone we'll get more screen time for the other Autobots, who've been a bit shelved the last couple weeks (although Prowl is more than welcome to stay in the background. Please?).

The Ironhide cameo was cute.

Megatron's agent on Cybertron? Given the upcoming characters we know of, my money is on it being Swindle. I can't imagine it being any of the characters we already know.

6. Optimus Clyde

Optimus Clyde Space Trucker

News Credits:
  7. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    It brought back annoying memories of Gen1, all the times Megatron put up with assassination attempts by Starscream. At least here, Megs actually killed Screamer, rather than just brushing off the attempt.

I like Prowl. But I wanted to see Megs obliterate Ultra Magnus. Not that I don't like U.M., but could you imagine what that would do to Autobot morale?

I'd have never recognized it as ironhide had the people here not gone off about it. heh. Never cared much for the redneckbot.

I agree, since Swindle is the most innocent looking of the bunch. Shockwave is obviously evil (all cyclopses are!), and Wreckgar we know his history, as well as the constructicons, so process of elimination works.

Back to this episode, tho, my FAVORITE part is when Starscream comes falling to earth, and Sentinel is scared and hiding behind Optimus. "What -IS- that?" ... "Oh yes, you've never actually seen one before... That is a Decepticon" Classic moment... and one of the many reasons I like this series best of ALL the Transformers cartoon attempts.

8. Optimus Clyde

Optimus Clyde Space Trucker

News Credits:
    Well, my wife just told me to go play with my toys, so here I am talking about Transformers.

This episode was awesome! Transformers Animated just keeps getting better and better!

Ironhide ain't dead. Even if he were dead, he wouldn't be dead. Nothing in the realm of geekdom really dies. Besides, he's IRONHIDE. You don't get a name like that for nothin'. It's just an easy dramatic out in case they decide to use him [or need him or can afford him] later, which I hope they do! Seeing 'Hide again is one of the biggest surprises of TFA so far. It was awesome how he had just a little bit of his old G1 accent. And it fixes one of the only two things I find wrong with this series: I took Ratchet's character to be a Ratchet/Irohhide hybrid, created that way in case they didn't get to use Ironhide later.

I can't wait to see who the Double Agent is. (And find out why Sari has no identity!) The surprises just don't quit! :)  He might be Shockwave. (He is definitely NOT Ironhide!) But I feel that Shockwave IS who's leading the fragmented Decepticons in Megatron's absence. Really, I wonder if the Double Agent is Jetfire/Jetstorm. Didn't they report the announcement at BotCon that one of the upcoming TFA toys is a Jetfire/Jetstorm toy that combines? Seems like a sneaky way to address the fact that Jetfire was temporarily Decepticon in G1 AND say "Hey! Double-BOT...double-AGENT? Huh? Huh?!" winkwink. Plus, haven't both names been used for the character on BOTH sides over time? This way, they can have a Jetfire/storm on BOTH sides if one of them decides to go 'Bot and the other one 'Con. I don't know, reading the report, it seemed like the panel that announced it was suspiciously tight-lipped.

I've never liked Starscream...until now! I used to think he was nothing but a whiney b!+ยข#. I never liked either, in G1, how Megatron tolerated his presence and his constant attempts at sabotage. It undermined his rep as a merciless warmonger. Now, in TFA, Megs has killed SS just a few episodes after his return...multiple times! Watching 'Scream get pitched into the river repeatedly in comic staccato was hilarious! Shades of Wyle E. Coyote and just as smart! LOL! I think what we're seeing though is the setup for his creation of the other Seekers. Wasn't there an announcement that they were going to be "clones" of Starscream?

I think that the Decepticon forces getting word that Megatron is alive makes sense. The Elite Guard is on Earth. Even if they don't believe Prime's assertion that the 'Cons are there, they'll report the fact that he said it back to Cybertron...where there is a Decepticon Double-Agent working against the Autobots.

Could it be possible that Blackarachnia is on the fence about here allegiance right now? The last time we saw her, she told Sari that she wanted her key so she could separate herself from her organic half. Maybe it's the influence of said organics that makes her side with the 'Cons?

9. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Starscream is like a Wil E. Coyote. Another fun episode.

10. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    I was more or less on the fence about the animated series. The little girl is kinda annoying, but I like the cop character. I don't like the fact that the Autobots are just scouts. I liked how Megatron was playing them like chess the whole time. Dinobots=Love. The "headmaster/galactus" (joker) guy I hated....so everything was about even with love/hate...but Ep. 19 tipped the scales. I really like it now. Its getting very G1, Optimus steps up, Megatron is eeevvilll. Starcream trying to hard and gets screwed.Character cameos, It's all coming back! Its like 1986 again, without Menudo and Aqua Net.

11. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

Great episode. A lot of setup for future stories.

I am disappointed to see the Elite Guard leave already. Jazz, Sentinel Prime, and Ultra Magnus really took this show to another level. The last few eps have been some of my favorites. Still, there are other stories to tell, and new characters to come. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of the Elite Guard.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I suspect the Elite Guard will show up once or twice in the rest of the season, if only in communication with Optimus' team ("We have intelligence that a really bad-ass Decepticon is headed to Earth!"). I'd bet they show up for the season closer at least, since that's supposed to be Megatron's big play for conquest.

Hey, I was expecting the Dinobots to only show up in episodes that specifically mentioned them in the synopses. How glad I am to be wrong there.

13. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought Animated delivered...as usual. Sentinel Prime getting his usual desserts for nay-saying Optimus. Megatron was his villainous self. Loved that line he gave Starscream, "You couldn't lead a parade!" Starscream's return was a good thing except after this episode, I think his credbility was decreased. All those failed attempts to get back at Megatron and he kept winding up in the river. I think they moved ahead with the ghost concept too quickly. I still like Capt. Fanzone. Poor guy was about to be saddled with a kid. A kid who was allready arguing for a phone and later bedtime. I have a suspicion as to the double-agent's identity and I think we've seen him thus far. All in all, Animated is doing the job of keeping Transformers red-hot in between the first 2 live action films and hope it continues even afterwards.

14. Darkscreamer785

Darkscreamer785 Waiting For The End

This one of Animated's few episodes that I actually really like. I was hoping Starscream would get some shots at Megs though.

15. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i so love this series-this episode was full of win for me ^^

best part of the whole thing was put to music and its the first link in my sig-pure win

EDIT: i think i actually found it through a post here-but still, thought id bring it up for laughs

16. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Starscream's a zombie!

17. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

This was a good episode. Lots of Decepticon action which I like. I love Starscream and it was great to have him back after his supposed death. I loved the montage of Megatron killing him over and over again. I love how Optimus told off Sentinel again. Probably what I liked best about this episode was how honest Optimus Prime was. That is something that is a rarity in today's media. Children's or otherwise. He refused to compromise that honorable moral trait just to suit his needs. He'd rather face Court Martial and go to prison than stand before the court and lie about what he knew he saw. It's nice to see a show that teaches kids that honesty is the right way to go and lying is never okay. I read that Wreck-Guar is in the next episode, I am excited to see that.