Transformers Animated Episode 19: "Mission Accomplished" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Apr 26, 2008.

1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Megatron took Starscream's piece we wouldn't have the awesome scene of Starscream owning everybody else.

Plus it would be impossible knowing you need another allspark piece/the key to remove another shard.

2. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Okay here's my take:

Ironhide's voice, nice attempt but fail. Didn't like it. Seriously is Cullen THAT expensive that he couldn't do 3 lines? "But PRHAAME!"

Starscream's Groundhog day montage. OMG LOL WIN! Even though it was played for laughs this has HUGE story writing implications. SS can't take out Megs but he can't be killed either.

This brings me to the complaints on this thread about how stupid Megs is for not investigating the SS/imortality mystery.

I'm going to submit to you: WHO SAYS HE DIDN'T?

Watch the Groundhog montage, the last "death" when SS throws the thermal detonator at Megs. Other's have noted that "OMG HE WASN'T EVEN IN THE SAME PLACE YET THEY CUT TO THE SAME BODY OFF A CLIFF SHOT"

Exactly: And wasn't Megatron looking awfully lonley out there on that cliff over looking Sumdac tower? What was he stargazing? No, it's entirely possible he was there to lure out SS. He didn't seem a bit surprised when SS tossed the grenade. So I suspect it was a plan, lure out SS. Stop him. Take him back to the lab, try to figure out what's keeping him alive. Megatron's chief scientist right now is Sumdac, (who knows about the Allspark IIRC and has a vested intrest in not helping Megs) Sumdac bravely overlooks the allspark, Megatron cannot find the answer and orders the body disposed of. SS lands in the river and the circle of life continues.

Infosaur's Lost episode: Thank you.

Even though SS is a tool among Decepticons he is an OUTRIGHT THREAT to Autobots. Maybe SS got a lucky shot against Magnus, even though Magnus was like "stay back, I'll handle this" so you can't say he was surprised. I don't know how far a "kids show" will go with this, but I suspect when Megatron gets around to killing Autobots it will be total. (think Movie Galvatron vs. Coronation SS) will there be an Autobot bodycount? After REALLY becoming attached to this generation of bots it could hurt, ALOT!

Now I do have one speculation:

Magnus will be killed and the mantle of Autobot Leadership will be passed to Optimus Prime, passing over Sentinal. It will play out like the scene in the Movie where as UM=Movie OP, OP=Movie HR, SP=Movie UM. I think one of the things that's stuck in the craw of TF writers for a while was how forced the "passing of the torch" concept in the movie was handled. Although for the Pro-Rodimus crowd it's as Iconic a part of TF lure as the battle on Sherman Dam. It was MUCH better done in BW/BM with the rising of Cheetor from punk kid to skilled warrior to heir apparent to Maximal leader. So I'm wagering there may ultimately be a Rise of Optimus Magnus story at the end of the series.

Autobot Spy/Traitor?

Damn at this point there's so many TF's we haven't even SEEN yet, even though we know they're comming because of the toy leaks and 'net rumors. I doubt it's gonna be blindingly obvious because if you hear of and Autobot with a name that's obviously a Decepticon name from the past, you're gonna know the minute he pops up on screen. On the other hand there will be a "Swindle" in Animated. Hmm, I think I just found the traitor! Do you think it might be THAT obvious?

Anyway, Swindle makes more sense than Shockwave, Blurr or any of the other names people are just making up. We at least know that there's some Animated screen caps of Swindle. So I'd say Swindle>Punch/Counterpunch>Sideways>DoubleDealer.

I think I've spent more time on this thread then watching the episode.

It's just like being a kid again :popcorn 

3. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Hire Cullen just for 3 lines? Are you nuts?

4. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Good ep, I love the Starscream bits, and Magnus getting shot in the face.

5. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Wait, I forgot, there's something about this toon being voiced in Canada isn't there? That's part of the reason why some people can't do voice work?

I remember something being mentioned about this before.:confused2 

Also:

Best SMILEY Ever:

:bay  AWSOME!

6. shroobmaster

News Credits:
    Uhh no it's american, that's why maybe Scott won't do Waspinator.

I'm saying that hiring Cullen to do a cameo voice when Corey Burton that was already hired could do a good enough for the kids is around = pointless.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No, it's recorded in America. (to the best of my knowledge)

8. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :bay 
    wasnt this episode on last week???

9. Sentinel Pax

Sentinel Pax Well-Known Member

Megatron's space broadcast during Starscream's deaths was total awesomeness. I love this Megatron. He doesn't mess around. Although I hate seeing Megatron take zero damage from Starscream and then see Screamer demolish almost every Autobot.

10. Zaraxion1021

Zaraxion1021 Cybertronian Monarch

Nice Episode!!! I love the many times Starscream got creamed and Ultra Magnus looks so weak in this episode!!!

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    In Canada, nowhere else. Just like this week's ep.

12. OmegaDead

OmegaDead Well-Known Member

Ha, HA, HA, HA, american pigs!:)  Canada is the new centre of the transformer universe!

13. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Be careful, they just might say you're the new 'axis of evil' and bomb'ya! ;) 

In these last few years I'm somewhat glad that I live in a country of which most americans don't even know where it is...

14. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That wasn't very nice. They still have Hasbro, remember? :lol 

15. OmegaDead

:drunk I hail from Hamilton Ontario, I weigh in at 260 lbs. (thats right I gained a pound)
    I am Mr. OOOOmegadead!!, Deeeaaaaaaaddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!

16. OmegaDead

:drunk I love u all, queer & straight, short & tall!

17. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    WOW

18. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

This episode's been up on Youtube for a while if anyone didn't notice. Awesome episode though.

Part 1

Part 2

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  19. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty good episode. I am liking Sentinel Prime less and less ... and I think there is still a chance that Ironhide could have survived .... nice to see he looked very G1!

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i personally do hope he survived and we get a toy of him-i loved ironhide in G1 and the movie (only 2 things i ever saw with him in it) and he was great, and my movie toy of him broke-i hope he gets a toy and is on earth at one point-ooo, maybe Ironhide can come to earth looking for the Elite Guard for repairs and to find out why they stopped communicating with everyone but meets Prime and crew-maybe he can have important information about beating Decepticons! like weak points and whatnot