Transformers: Animated Episode 15 - "Megatron Rising, Part One" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Infosaur, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Man was that an awesome episode! Makes the mediocre stuff from the last couple of weeks worth while!

I love how all the loose ends of this season have been pulled together in the start of this two-parter. It's going to be really interesting to see how The Dinobots, Blackarachnia & Sari figure into the next episode. Wonder if Ratchet is going to find his old arm somewhere or if he'll cobble a new one together or if the Allspark/Key will give him a new one? Want to see Megatron beat the snot out of Starscream for his betrayal too. :D 

And, yes, it looked very much like Prime shat himself (leakin' lubricants!) when he saw Megatron appear out of Sumdac towers. Yikes! Speaking of Prime... crap was he a jerk in this episode or what? Geez man... horrible decision making there of fearless leader, but it really does show how that while he has leadership potential... he simply isn't a true leader yet...

2. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    i still find it hard to believe Sumdac didnt notice the Decepticon logo on Megatrons old body as that of the evil decepticons, unless hes totally clueless.

3. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

I know! Let's make Optimus like Rodimus. Oh yeah, great idea.

4. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes they were there and performed wonderfuly.

5. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I've been doing that since the premiere. Unfortunately, they're all going on VHS for now, as I don't have a cable link to my computer yet.

True, if Prime hadn't taken the key from Sari, Blackarachnia would've gotten it instead. Doubtful she would have given it to Lugnut and Blitzwing.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yep, they were there. Bantering with Starscream while putting themselves back together at the beginning and than getting Sari's Key from Ratchet later (Ratchet had taken it from Sari on Prime's orders) and than giving the key to Megatron...

Blitzwing ripped off Ratchet's arm!!!

7. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Dude, look at the way they've been writing the guy... he's the world's dumbest smart person... :lol 

Works well I think, but to each his own. Personally, I think it's a nice switch from the truth, love & justice anime speaches we've been given sense Armada...

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Yeah, they were, though nothing really special to mention. Starscream and Blitzwing watched as Lugnut had another transmision with Megatron, and thought he was going crazy yet again. It's going to be nice to see Megs handle Starscream in the next episode. I can imagine Lugnut wanting to help.

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really?

Awesome.

10. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Yeah but prime will develope, Rodimus never did.

11. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:

Works well most real scientist are smart but lack common sense.

12. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Bad writing IMO was the only thing that heald Rodimus back... which had more to do really with the way show were written back than. Still, Prime will grow into a stronger character...

Oh, totally. Frankly I think it's great and lends to a lot of comedy relief in the series... whether intentional or not...

13. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, not at all. It's Ratchet's, I'll explain in......

MY REVIEW:

Negatives:
    - Er... Starscream really should have just blasted Megatron as soon as he discovered his boss was still alive. No reason besides obvious plot advancement that he shouldn't; the others don't know of Starscream's treachery, and it's not like Starscream should've cared what Megatron thought since he was just a head.
    - No explanation given for why the Key gave Megatron a new body instead of just repairing his old one.

Positives:
    - I know they tried to set it up that way, but all these "Prime is a dick" comments are totally off-the-mark. He was acting like a real military leader this time, making tough decisions and not letting emotions get in the way of (at least what he thinks is) the right path to take. Taking Sari's key away (FINALLY, should have been attempted much sooner) took some gumption, and was absolutely the right decision, for two reasons-- First, it took Sari out of danger. Look, he gave it to Ratchet, and look what happened- Decepticon ambush. Sari would have lost her life from that, Ratchet just lost an arm. Second, Sari can be swayed by emotions too easily. Good thing she doesn't have the key anymore-- it looks like she might have been swayed into giving it to Blackarachnia again, even after what happened last time. WAY TO GO PRIME!
    - Yay, everyone's back in this episode (except for Lockdown)! Loved seeing Lugnut, Blitzwing, and Starscream all interact again, and Blackarachnia making an appearance, along with the new Megatron. Definitely no lack of Decepticons (or their usual butt-kicking of the Autobots) here!
    - Lots of good dialogue. "YOU INTERRUPTED MY SPEECH!" Classic Starscream moment, there.
    - Lugnut making Sumdac bow= HILARIOUS.

Overall, on par with "Thrill of the Hunt" for best ep so far. A solid A.

14. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What caused the Dinobots to appear? Think they'll fight next week?

15. jcard2005

jcard2005 Well-Known Member

Pure AWESOME!!

I loved every minute. Seems like many of the loose ends from previous shows are tighing up in this and next episode. I love Primes facial expression at the end..like "oh shit!"

Loved the banter between Starscream and Megatron. The dialog between Prowl, Prime and Grimlock.

I loved how Megatron was able to restore and modify his body towards the end. I am also very interested to see what Blackarachnia has instore next episode with Sari.

All about this show was just top notch. I personaly give it a 10 out of 10!!

Have to go..need to watch it again!!!

16. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    But it did repair his old one. Megs' body and head were in the same room and it pulled all the parts back together. With some reformatting, of course.

17. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even this shows ties up loose ends faster than IDW G1. I'm so glad I dropped those books to focus on Animated.

18. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Rodimus' development was at best inconsistent. They actually did a decent job of him coming to grips with being the leader, but then the next episode all his progress would be undone.

As for Optimus, his decision to take the key back from Sari was correct. As we saw, Sari couldn't defend herself from the Decepticons, who all know she carries the key.

I have a feeling that Sari will lead Blackarachnia to the Allspark, which will only serve to confirm that she will always be part organic. As for the Dinobots, I don't know. These incanations seem to be even dumber than the G1 versions, so who knows what cocamammy reason they'll come up with for the Dinobots helping the Autobots.

Overall an excellent episode. Loved how Ratchet got his arm ripped off.

19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    He was never given time to. As soon as it looked like he finally had the chops, they brought back prime.

20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I think he was doing his usually 'grand speach' before betrayal routine. Or, perhaps he was going to attempt to use Megatron as some kind of disembodied figure 'head'... :lol 

Oh, it's true, but it just funny because of the ongoing 'prime=dick' jokes.

And he may not have made all the right decisions, but taking the key from Sari was a good one, because she would have given it to Blackarachnia... and I'm willing to beat that next week she leads Blackarachnia to the Allspark itself.