Transformers: Animated Episode 14 - "Nature Calls" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by GetterDragun, Mar 22, 2008.

1. tominatrix

tominatrix Member

I was definitely hoping that this thing wasn't animated's excuse for devastator. Certainly they could do better. However, after viewing the end of the episode, i do think that maybe the habeeb scientist guy may take the "constructicons?" to megatron for use as a quick fix for a body.

2. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I think people who think Sari is annoying would find real 8-year old children annoying.

Fred was annoying by being a 2-dimensional fat kid stereotype. Sari is very well done for a young girl as that is what they are like.

I mean what is the alternative? how is G1 great when this is exactly what G1 was? Do you remember the insane and stupid machines and robo-monsters we had in every G1 episode?

At least the "megatron's body" was a better overall plot than G1 megs and his flunkeys making a stupid inventions hat will finish the autobots once and for all and have it backfire.

And it beasts 7 episodes of Unicron transforming or self-destructing terrorcons.

I would actually be upset if animated was nothing but decepticons and autobots kicking each other in the crotch every week until the decepticons blast off into the sky like team rocket. I guess what some people want when they say "less humans, more decepticon robot battles" is they want is Pokemon plots replaced with Megatron and crew where team rocket is.

3. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Of course not the best episode, but far more enjoyable than last week's rather one-dimensional villain (Headmaster).

Though, I'm confused, Meg's body just came out of orbit recently? Or has it been at that mine area all this time, infested with space barnacles?

4. GetterDragun

GetterDragun Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because it wasn't made from Cybertronian technology.

5. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    One of the worst episode *(anyone) might skip ... if you don't have 30 minutes..(or technically 21 minutes without watching tv commerials)

6. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not sure why mining equipment wouldn't be, but toilets would.

7. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i missed this ep

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Perhaps the use of toilets is a common practice on Cybertron while mining isn't? :D 

9. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please tell me that was not their idea of the Constructicons/Devastator!

Was an ok episode overall ... would love to see an episode w/o Sari or her father ... any human for that matter.

10. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Thrill of the Hunt?

11. Megaracertron

Megaracertron Well-Known Member

Funny!! Bumblebee Was on a Roll in this one. My Dad and I had the same fights as BB and Prowl my dad love nature and I am city person. So maybe I enjoyed more than most.

12. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My thoughts on this episode...

Sari got to shine as a character as this show played not only to her strengths, but reminds us once again that she's just a kid who gets scarred as well as excited easilly.

Space Barnicles sounds stupid, but the threat was believable enough. It's not any less stupid than Cosmic Rust or Scraplets. I figured out real quick that the monster was using Megatron's body after Sari stated the mine was her dad's and that he was looking for something in it. That and the fact that the monster had no head, it was using a shovel in place of the arm that Starscream blew off, and it had a pick-axe for it's left hand which is sitting with Megatron's head back at the lab.

What I did find stupid about the Space Barnicles was that they were destroyed by heat/fire. Now Megs could've pick them up while flying thru space, but wouldn't they have been burned off of him durring re-entry into Earth's Atmospher after OP kicked him out the airlock?

Prowl seems to be growing use to his new home on Earth but he seems to be taking that a little too far. Bumblebee, while fun to watch, seems to be digressing as a character as all he wants to do is goof off and look cool. It's easy to see why he was bounced out of Autobot Boot Camp.

All in all, it was a nice set-up leading to next week's Rise of Megatron.

13. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Good point I didn't even think of that one.

14. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    The Barnacles might have attached to Megatron when he was attacking the Arc,
    and they somehow ended up inside of him during the explosion and stayed there till they felt it was safe.

At least that my explanation, the real explanation is probably that the writers just didn't think about that.

15. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Earth barnacles have hard shells that protect them when they aren't opened up to feed, or mate, so who's to say space barnacles don't have shells that they protect themselves with, but open up when they spread out over something?

16. Pirate-Man

Pirate-Man Member

Maybe the problem is just with you, not the writers. Just maybe you should view this as a Saturday morning cartoon not some epic movie with a flowing plot-line which you were expecting *sigh*, this isn't made for grown up Adult for Christ Sake.

I love the G1-reference to the constructicons, thought they were gonna transform.

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "You got anything that ugly back on Cybertron?"
    "Yeah, but we left Bulkhead back at the plant." :lolol 

18. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Like.

I also second Feralstorm's suggested "You don't wanna know..." as the best line.

Despite wanting more Decepticons and more action, I find I enjoy one-shot episodes like this and Headmaster a lot more than, say, Sound & Fury or SOTFittest.

It is an odd glitch, for me, with TFA that when they try to advance the story and introduce more permanent characters, they do so at the price of some childlike fun I find in the show, particularly an episode like this . Perhaps TTOTH and ACAS have been the best balance. For me.

Pirate-Man, not looking to pick a fight, I don't even know Silent M, but could you not be slightly more polite or less aggressive? I agree with your sentiments, though.

Apologies if that sounds rude or harsh, or I've misread your post.

Remember, boards will always read a little anonymously, and we're all Transformers fans, here.

19. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I like how things are solved with smart thoughts and not a supermode cut scene followed by a generic battle.
    The design of the monster looked too deliberate to be random. And when we saw it was Megatron's body that was the only reasonable way to "disguise" the origin of the body while still have it be a threat. The arm/hand thing was very smart. It clearly shows this is not a random 'LOL MONSTER! BLAH!'. Just like the first episode had "The Dweller" the transforganic from G1 design, this monster had a purpose.
    I guess it is assumed to be on all ships and not a big deal to them. I am curious if it was the Barnacles or Megatron's body doing the 'badness'.
    I totally agree. I think all the autobots have flaws that kept them out of the hardcore autobot forces. Prowl clearly is an organic sympathizer which is probably frowned upon by Cybertron. Bee is lazy and immature. Bulkhead is clumsy. Ratchet is old and opinionated and easier out of the way. And Prime appears to have been punished for his role in Elita-1's death.

The writing in this series shows TT/JLU story arc potential where things are less 'random' than they appear and have significance. Everything is either a homage or a clue for future episodes and stories.

20. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    god, they've let this tripe hit 14 episodes?