Transformers: Animated Episode 14 - "Nature Calls" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by GetterDragun, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    You know... I actually kind of appreciated that and wish it would happen more often than not. I don't really like having such a powerful Deus ex machina in the hands of a kid...

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    good point, about how that mine may not use Sumdac Technology. other thing i can think of is maybe the key was being stubborn, like in SOTF when it fixed the wires Sari tore out of the wall against her will, but this time in reverse. and i think the Barnacles in the river would not have been an issue, as they only attatched to metal objects and probably wouldnt survive in the water.

i kinda liked the episode, though i was hoping for Oil Slick. o well-still pretty decent.

and with what i said earlier, about them not contacting the others-its not that they didnt do it, but that the attempt was never made. i mean, its one thing to dive for a football and not catch it, and another to stand there and watch it bounce away

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That's something that's bothered me too. I mean... have they tried to contact Cybertron? Hard to say. I'm guessing we'll find out when the Elite Guard show up...

4. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

COOL EPISODE! I wanted constructicons, but whatever. So now we'll see the return of Megatron, and hopefully more Decepticons arriving to Earth.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Holy Crap! Sop that thing was Megatron's body! Now Megs has Sumdac picking it up, and this sets up perfectly for next week's ep.

One to many 'Anime expressions' in this ep, but they were so short in duration (lasted like half a milisecond) so they didn't bother me.

Ths ep is a perfect example of how such a silly plot can work. BB had me laughing.

6. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Gawd Sari is annoying!!!! I'm not sure who is worse, her or Jar Jar. But she did have some redeeming value, especially in this episode.

Now I'm just waiting for Devastator to show up.

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I enjoyed this episode. My only question is when Megs come back will he be in his Cybertronian form or new Earth form?

8. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    i pretty much bet it is going to be the earth one, cause he already is earth megatron's head.

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I figured there wasn't enough elapsed time in the show for Sumdac to build a cybertronian quality body for Megatron from scratch.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the fire hose easily makes up for any negatives in this episode.

11. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    one thing that does grate are the american colloquialisms, you know the type: du-uh, hel-lo-ooo. that which might have first reared its ugly head in 'friends'??? as a foreigner living in the USA its just something i have to tolerate.

12. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Hmm, I guess the Decepticon spotlight in this episode is Megatron's body. That's original. :p  Not a bad 'un. It's certainly better than last week's episode, and I enjoyed the Constructicon-ish cameos at the beginning. I'm still waiting for a full-blown Decepticon assault, though. So far the current story arc leading up to their return seems a bit slow. Dragonball Z slow. ¬_¬

13. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    US cartoons use exaggerated expressions too, and this is in line with a lot of them.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    QFT.

15. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hmm I think this is one of my favorite episodes thus far. Animation was good (for some reason this ep reminded me of Batman:TAS moreso than previous ones).
    I think I also really liked it because it was a pretty lighthearted episode. The more "heavy" episodes up untill now where just a little too childish for their content or something. I dunno exactly how to explain it but yeah..

This ep just struck a good balance between humor and darker tone I guess.

Anyway I'm reaaaaaally looking forward to the next couple of episodes!

16. Destron23

Destron23 Vehicon

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Oh now I get it! Megatron's body was lying around(probably in the atmosphere) for all these years and when the space barnacles latched onto it, the body came down to Earth and Sumdac could finally trace the energy signature of the body. Curious though how the body/space barncles "JUST" happened to fall in Detroit instead of anywhere else on Earth.

17. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

"EAT FIRE!" I couldn't stop laughing for so long after that!

18. Lord Chumley

Lord Chumley Well-Known Member

I thought it was ok. The episode synopsis was very vague and since i have read them all, this was 1 of few i had no idea what was going to happen so got over excited like i did for lost and found. With a name like nature calls i thought dinobots or waspinator or black aracnia. SPACE BARNICLES did not enter my head. At first very disappointed but thinking about it, it was ok, i got my hopes up too high again. Like lost and found, yea a good episode but 2 decepticons i built my hopes too high and they were let down a bit, same with the movie. Anyway next weeks the big un, but i don't think it will be super until the 2nd part as then i expect them to meet with strarscreams lot.

19. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

woah the barnacle prowl and bumblebee were awsome this episode is one the best so far the ending was so not fair but isnt megatron rising next week? i sure hope so bumblebee was funnier than usual so basically megatrons body is made out of space barnacles weird also is it just me or does barnacle prowl look like dinobot 2?

20. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    Meh. It was ok. Better than most shows, but weak for TFA. I'd say 2nd or 3rd worst episode to me. Looking forward to next week!