Transformers: Animated Episode 13 - "Headmaster" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's leetspeak, but only ******ed people actually say OMG I PWNED JOO online. And unfortunately those same ******ed people make up a huuuge portion of the Halo gaming population.

2. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Those people make up a huge portion of a lot of online gaming populations.

3. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Bulkhead really has an inferiority complex like Grapple only moreso.

The head jokes were funny.

And the G1 trailer was a surprise.

4. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Funny. My DVR says Megatron rising is next week. DAmned technology.

Funny. Out of all the human villians he was my favorite. A complete dork, but an evil genius.

5. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    That was good.

Enjoyed a lot.

Looks like I'll be off to DM.net to defend.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just checked imdb and the guy who played Headmaster, Alex Polinsky, also voices Chameleon Boy on the Legion of Super Heroes cartoon. I knew I'd heard his voice on that show.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Ironic how a high tech nerd genius who built a flying, transforming head meant to take over robot bodies in a city that makes the Autobots headline news everyday *didn't* recognize the Autobots at the money drop. That was incredibley bad writing. Definitely one of the weaker episodes by far.

IMO, this is really starting to feel like the "Bulkhead & Friends" show as opposed to Transformers. It's been fun and everything, and has even had some incredibley cool moments/episodes, but if a lot more consistent Autobot vs Decepticon action doesn't start to happen soon as well as a lot less of Bulkhead centered episodes, this series is going to lose me. I'm already bored to tears with the human villains, the a-typical 'lessons learned' in each episode and the next to nill momentum, so hopefully the upcoming set of Megatron based episodes start to pick up the pace going into Season 2. I'm all for character development, but when you only got 5 Autobots, a kid, and a couple random Decepticons who only show up one or two at a time per every few episodes, it starts to get really redundant.

8. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    At least he didn't FIRE HIZ LAZER or ask the Autobots if they leiked mudkips. :lol 

9. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    all rather silly but all rather fun. i like the nod to the 'rock em sock em robots'.

i was hoping to see bulkheads saw and arm rockets, maybe something for later episodes.

i'll agree with incepticon that the show really needs to get the autos vs decepticons thing up a few revs, its rather inconsistent. The human enemies need to be incorporated within the auto vs decepticon themes. Im hoping that once megatron is reinstated then things will change. Right now i can see many episodes appealing to the youngest audience but for the intelligent 11 years old things might be dragging a bit!!

10. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

That was easily the funniest episode so far.

I really chortled a couple of times.

I loved the Contemporary Idiot references used by the Masterson character. Reminded me of the Robot Chicken dork, with more frustration and aggression at an existence he admits from the start has been spent playing with and dismantling robots.

Several touches in the BH art montage were sweet and subtle.

Old school vidiprinter noise shows that right from the writers to the sound art department, there is a great love for touchstones, humour, and nostalgia in this show, as well as appreciation of what a child audience can understand.

The Airplane! reference with Bumblebee's pose went well with the comedy in the episode.

"Attached to Prime!" was perfect.

The Headmaster's arsenal, and the accompanying sound editing and animation, were also spot-on. I almost take that for granted in this show, though.

Shame about a lack Decepticons, or the same intensity of action that we saw in Nanosec or ...Hunt. And still, unfortunately, BH is the only Autobot with some character development. (Though only he and Prime were drawn with a large scope to do so. I'm still hanging on Prime doing so in the at the end of series one / start of series two.)

11. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

I don't get why people are still complaining about the lack of action, decepticons etc when we just had two back to back Decepticon episodes and they were Total Ownage!:D 
    We're only two doors away from an epic battle and it's only natural that they're preparing the way with some light heard ones. If anyone wants a cartoon show that isn't campy or cheesy from time to time then maybe you're looking at the wrong kind of show.

It still is a Transformers show whether you like it or not. And the only TF show I cared to watch since G1 that made lol every episode regardless of the plot quality. Now that's entertainment.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Headmasters is an Internet Liker.

Total Ownage, NOOB!

Bulkhead having a hobby as an artist was very good.

I give this 10/10.

13. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    would be cool if they made a headmaster head that could snap over the heads of some other ani figs

14. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Johnator's Quick Review:

Pros
    Headmaster Reference
    Prime's Trailer! Sweet

Cons
    Bad art designs
    Weak dialogue
    Lack of Decepticons
    Headmaster is a lame villain
    Weak storyline
    Bowling Bulkhead's head and painting gallery?! Sheesh.

Honestly after some good Decepticon episodes these last couple have been pretty lame and this episode is probably the worst in the series (even replacing the awful Total Meltdown). The dialogue made me wince a lot and the premise of the episode is just awful. There is a lot of time with just Bulkhead's head (literally) and he even attacks his own body and knocks it over. (yes I am serious). Captain Fanzone of course has to talk about hating machines and Sari uses her key to fix Bulkhead. I honestly thought nothing could top how bad Total Meltdown was but I stand corrected. Since the show doesn't look cool (to me anyway) it has to have a good storyline and this was NOT one of them. I am hoping that the next episode is much, MUCH better. Can't wait for Megatron to return soon.

Overall Grade: C-/D+

15. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another winner. Headmaster is funny. I look forward to seeing him down the line.

16. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I'm probably a bit biased towards Headmaster because he was the villain I was most looking forward to.

But I admit he was a pretty weak villain.
    maybe ,like Meltdown, he'll be a better character the second time around.

17. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I love the hell out of this show, but even I'm a bit disappointed in this episode. especially Bumblebee and Optimus' cheap as hell transformations before they all fought BulkHeadmaster.

18. NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman Well-Known Member

Great episode! I love Bulkhead even more now. Great to see the Airplane! reference, too, heh!

Oh, and c'mon guys - NO SPOILERS about the NEXT episode!!! This is, after all, a thread about this episode :D 

19. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

Ratchet's had some Char Dev too, but he gets all of the leader-type lines. Where's Optimus Prime in all of this? He orders people around once or twice an episode and swings his axe, but that's it. Bummer.

I want more Prime.

20. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    They are he comes with leader bulkhead.