Transformers: Animated Episode 12 - "Survival of the Fittest" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Kickback, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

$5Hotrod:

The Dino's were abused into serving Meltdown. They'e still kinda simple so I guess if he caused them pain he manipulated them. Ie: Child abuse or Animal crulity

Pretty intense for a kids show, I bet the kids didn't get it.

2. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Awesome episode! Each one continues to surpass the last. Of course, any episode with the Dinobots will make me grin ear to ear.
    - Loved the Pretender homages! :thumb 
    - Loved the Dinobots' robot modes! :thumb 
    - Loved the flame weapons! :thumb 
    - Loved it when the Dinobots kicked ass at the end! :thumb 
    - "Ah, they couldn't do that before." Priceless! :D 

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    There were seriously some LOL moments and suspense. Best ep to date, IMO. The Dinobots Transforming was the best thing EVAR. I really like Prowl, and Sari's potty excuse was funny, but I liked it better where the Key itself transformed to fit into stuff instead off everything having a key slot to begin with.

Fanzone rocks. Using Meltdown's suit to cover his hands was pretty clever. I also like how he beat up bomburst. Not to the point where it was unrealistic, but it's not like he shrugged it off.

Awww, what a happy ending.

4. Bed Bugs

Bed Bugs Haven't gone postal yet...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hypothetically speaking, they could run with the Pretender gimmick. Have the "organo-morphs" become liquid like and attach to some robots. Think something like Ben 10 with the Pretender shell being the alien and the robot being the kid. I think that would be a successful update of the Pretenders that today's youth (and yesterday's Old Guy) could get behind.

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    :lolol  now that you mention it all it needed was foot pedals for the perfect homage.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good episode. Not my favorite, but still good. I liked seeing the Dinobots again, but they were kind of sidelined this time around. The transformation scene at the end was awesome, but I was hoping for more out of them. Guess we'll have to wait for their next appearance to actually see them kick butt in bot mode.

Meltdown was a surprise. He actually has good potential for a human villain. I liked the Pretender homages in his flunkies. I didn't recognize them, as I'm not a Pretender fan, but I had a hunch they were nods to the second suckiest TF gimmick ever.

Bulkhead is rapidly supplanting Ratchet as my favorite character. I still don't like Prowl, though.

On a side note, I am so pissed at Kids WB for moving Legion of Super-Heroes opposite TF Animated without warning me in advance. First new episode in three months and I didn't know it was on until ten minutes after it started. :mad 

7. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Was pretty cool but it would've been nice to see the other Dinobots speak. However I still think the Lockdown episode is the best yet. Too bad they didn't bring the Dinobots back to base, of course there will be difficulty moving them around the city.

8. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Pretender Shells?!?! Rock On!!!!

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I could see Meltdown creating the animated equivalent of BM's technorganic gloop, which makes a humanoid robot appear human, and able to transform into a monster form.

10. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Fanzone is still technophobic.
    Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate ect.

11. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Any episode with the Dinobots is good for me, didn't like the fact that Bulkhead was throwing them around which means he's stronger then Megatron??

What good is Rachet now? Sari uses the key to fix everything and if it is so important why have it with a weak human. Doesn't make sense, but of course how else would she be in the show.

12. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree with the "good solid ep, but not the best" sentiment. (That honor still goes to "Thrill of the Hunt" for me.)

Definitely enjoyed seeing the Dinobots again -- especially the transformations and Flame-Ons. Looks like Swoop's morningstar should be small enough to store in beast mode, if the on-show sizes are accurate to the toy.

Five?! Oy.

<--- Was 21 when BW started.

Ha! You're right. I didn't catch that reference.

I definitely LOL'd there!

I'm thinking there were more homages. One of them (Bomb-Burst-head, I think) had an Octopunch-esque tentacly arm, and I think I saw an Iguanus-like leg. Anybody see any Finback/Skullgrin/Stranglehold/etc. bits?

Yeah. I'm glad I checked the schedule last night. Though, for me, LoSH was on an hour before TFA. I'd assumed they moved it because they were showing 2 Spectacular Spideys and 2 Batmans today, but LoSH is still on at the same time next week, despite only 1 Spidey and no Batman. So warm up that VCR. I can usually find LoSH torrents a few days after an ep airs, though.

13. Sentinel Pax

Sentinel Pax Well-Known Member

Good episode...except for Meltdown...I just don't like that character very much. Dinobot transformations rule, and so does Swoop's morning star! "I hate machines" gets a bit old, though.

14. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Those were Blood and Gilmer homages, based on their humanoid size. :D 

Can a Bugly/Prowl Circuit-Su faceoff be that far behind?

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No you see, you can punch a stronger guy and it's going to hurt him, but if the stronger guy punchs you it hurts alot more.

IN OTHER WORDS just because Bulkhead can throw the Dinobots around doesn't mean Grimlock couldn't throw Bulkhead with atleast 3 times his strenght.

Example: Lugnut beating Bulkhead in wrestling last week.

16. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Pretenders! That was awesome. Very awesome.

You know, Meltdown's voice reminds me a LOT of BW Rampage's. Plus, he's almost as twisted.

Fanzone was AWESOME this ep. Laughed out loud at several points.

And good to see Colossus (of) Rhodes return.

The Dinobots were quite awesome as well. As was Fanzone's method of beating Meltdown.

That whole transformation sequence - awesome.

EDIT: Here's hoping we get some REAL Pretenders down the road. Bludgeon, Octopunch and the other guy FTW!

17. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I liked this one not the best ep so far but good.

I am getting tired of Fanzone saying that he hates machines so darn often. Ok I get it he hates machines, so stop beating me over the head with it.

I was supprised by Meltdowns involvement. Other than his singing and dancing (that's Blitzwings thing darn it), I felt he was portrayed well enough.

Needed more dinobot screentime. I like them and want to see more of them.

Never paid much attention to Pretenders so that reference was totaly lost on me.

18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    just because Grimlock is as strong as Megatron doesn't mean he's immune from being picked up. The world's 2nd strongest man can probably lift the 1st.

19. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    I thought that Fanzone's machine hating would get old.

Suffice to say, that part with the cellphone at the beginning and with the sub were both laugh-out louders.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Five or six, give or take. I just turned 18 this year, so i was around five-six when I first started watching Beast Wars.