Transformers: Animated Episode 11 - "Lost and Found" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Mar 1, 2008.

1. NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman Well-Known Member

Great episode! I noticed that the animation quality was much better (not that the previous episodes - save for Meltdown *gag* - looked bad at all. I love TF:A's style).

Blitzwing was my favorite Triple Changer in G1, and it was both cool and funny to see how and why he has two alt modes. Lugnut was terrific, too. He came off to me as much more of a faithful believer in Megatron's "glory" rather than just a dumb bulldog (which is sort of what I feared when the TF:A bios were first announced). I for one think that it was interesting to see how his sense of worship almost superceded his own evilness as a 'con. In any case, I can't wait to see bio episodes of both these characters, if they're in the planning (I haven't read ahead in the episode guides since I love a good surprise).

Like with Starscream and all the other single decepticon appearances, I personally LOVED to see them kick so much ass. Lugnut's ground punch was beyond awesome. Yes, their power may seem that battles will be lopsided and/or the Autobots are weak, but I would disagree. This whole episode the Autobots were trying to take the battle away from innocents and any possible collateral damage, and that in itself is really hard. I think this will play well into later encounters to show the Autobots ingenuity and skill versus the Decepticon's brute force.

I loved the moments between Ratchet and Sari in this episode. While I feel for Sari's love for her friends and her reluctance to let them leave, I do wish there was at least one moment in a prior episode, or even this one, showing just how alone she really is. Even so, it didn't take away from the kind of guy Ratchet really is and how much he cares for Sari and Earth.

I was beyond joyous when I heard their ship make the transformation sound, and overjoyed when I saw the turret turn around and blast Blitzwing and Lugnut. Even if the ship is/will be Omega Supreme, that was just an awesome touch.

Oh, and the Megatron vision was awesome. I really hope this hammers into Sari the reasons why she shouldn't mess around with the key. Actually, it was interesting to see just what the key was capable of in this episode. Much more than repairs or springing things to life.

Starscream!

Overall, wonderful episode. I haven't woken up for Saturday cartoons in years, but now I have one reason :) 

2. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

Anyone notice how Sari takes on Ratchet's facial expressions at the end when she scolds Bumblebee. I thought that was cute.

She acts just like most kids under 14 years old: self-absorbed, oblivious to danger, puts herself first. I know many people are complaining about her and the key. She's got a personality arc developing. Let's see where it leads.

3. Fito

Fito Little Buddy

Mmh, yeah, after listening it again a couple of times it sounds more like "stay/get back". I need to improve my listening skills :banghead: .

4. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm hoping we see more Autobots soon, 'cause they're gonna need help...

5. panpo98

panpo98 Well-Known Member

You need to rewatch this episode and that scene again with a higher volume. Other people should rewatch this episode as well a few time if they dont under stand a scene.

I rather be positively surprised about Omega Supreme than disappointed if he does not appear. It seems that others here are of the same opinion. We just don't want to be disappointed.

Lugnut was so cool. If he thinks that Starscream is still loyal then I could see Lugnut follow Starscreams directions. I don't think they will answer Starsreams question but rather ask there own questions, ask for help again and so forth so that Starscream forgets that they didn't answer (Lugnut at least).

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yeah, hint hint.

7. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Last episode - 'No, *we* just got ditched...'

8. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Once again, I commend the effort that is put into this show. Classic G1 characters and references (Sparkplug Witwicky FTW!), as well as a completely fantastic fight scene at the beginning. I mean, if you remember the kinds of fights we had in Armada, Energon, and Cybertron, you can totally appreciate this. It isn't just blind shooting at one another, every move takes place and is given a counterattack! Good animation, no pointless lines mid-battle, and awesome characterization!

Blitzving For Zeh Vin!

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Spoilers where they happen:

Overall I think this was a solid episode, but it didn't quite resonate with me the way other eps have. In itself, it did a good job advancing various plot elements.

. Autobots decide the Decepticon threat means they should leave Earth, but "It's gonna take a while" to get the ship ready to go.

. Megatron's not too sure who he can trust among his own troops, which will probably slow down his return a little bit. Wonder if Lugnut will continue to be the only one who can hear him in his own head.

. The Allspark and the key are apparently trying to teach/groom Sari for something. Seems likely she will be pivotal once the spit hits the spam for the Autobots.

. Starscream's back, and apparently gathering up the other Decepticons. I kinda hope Lugnut doesn't go with SS, and goes on his own little quest to recover Megatron, since I doubt Starscream has any interest in that.

I'm getting a little annoyed with Sari. I realize she's an often self-centered child, but it's sort of played like she simply "unlearns" the valuable lesson she learned in the previous episode, and has to have the same lesson pounded into her head one more time. It may not be unrealistic from a kid perspective, but it feels like poor story/character advancement to me. At least not wanting her friends to leave is a newer twist than "playing with the key is still fun despite the occasional disastrous results."

10. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought it was pretty funny when Lugnut bearhugs Blitzwing and takes off with him, then Ratchet's comment: "That was...different."

11. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Say, did anyone else notice that in his Cybertronian mode, Blitzwing's wings are positioned more like his G1 incarnation? Kinda makes you wonder why the designers didn't keep them that way for his Earth mode.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hmm...I'm thinking they probably desinged his Earth-mode first, and then his Cybertronian-mode, because that's the version we're going to be seeing his toy form in (though it would be cool to see some more Cybertronian-mode toys come out, especially more Decepticons). As far as why the difference, they probably wanted to throw yet another small nod to G1 in there.

13. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    That was fantastic, best episode yet (again) for me.
    Sooooooo much action and every single bit of it was interesting and had gravitas and real effect.

The Charcaters also are fantastic, two more introduced here (not counting their one or two lines in the preview) and still not a duff character in the lineup. The voice acting is superb too, it's readliy apparent that all the actors have settled nicely into their roles and are giving top notch unwavering performances.

I liked Lugnut a great deal more then I expected to based on his bio and short scene in the preview. I was actually surprised at just quite how much he talked in this, I expected him to be a quiet sullen type who just followed blitzwing's suggestions.
    Instead we get an absolute walking fortress who is more then capable of thinking for himself. He also appears to have the old Macross unlimited supply of missiles.
    As for that punch, very impressive in the show, I have my doubts as to how well the toy will replicate this. The whole lower arm transformed into a boxy shape after all. Perhaps the tail of the plane actually transforms into a gauntlet or maybe they have a bigger version planned.
    I look forward to finding out either way.

Blitzwing is very amusing, his schiophrenic nature is handled well to the point where he is literally several charcters in one. Logical in one scene, destructive in the next etc and all of this was pulled off without it seeming fake or forced. Very well done.
    The alt mode choosing scene was good but I had kinda figured it would go like that, only logical that cold calculating guy would want to be a strike fighter, warmonger face would want to be a tank and since we're now out of alt modes the only input crazy face can have is to say just take both.

As for the plot, there was a sense of real dread in this episode, with Prime suddenly getting serious and deciding they have to leave, then Sari's near desperation to stop them from leaving and finally the allspark forcing her against her will to do what it wants.
    That whole scene in the cargo hold with the key dragging her back to repair the damage she'd done and then the vision of the key repairing Megatron was all very ominous.

And the end, yay Starscream *insert string of smileys*
    But honestly I don;t like Starscream as much as most, never have, he's always so 2 dimensional and predicatable as a character. I hope animated can make him more interesting without spoiling what everyone else likes about him.

Finally I wonder if they will dig Lockdown out of the river, Lugnut is none too keen on him but they could probably use his help, Blackarachnia too.

14. OperaSingerPrime

OperaSingerPrime SupremeOperaticCommander

I do believe in the first ep "Transform and roll out" Prime says

"Teletran-1, activate the emergency defence system, code name 'Omega'!"

That was a pretty big tease if it doesn't turn out to be Omega Supreme!!!

15. OperaSingerPrime

OperaSingerPrime SupremeOperaticCommander

agree

16. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

The cha cha cha thing was cute but thats an earthly creation. In my opinion I find that more of a mistake in script than anything >.> yes im picky

17. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

decent episode i must say. lugnut's better than i thought he'd be. pretty cool looking and like his alt mode. i wanna love blitzwing but i just don't dig his man-e-faces gimmick. sari was pretty damn annoying in this one and i thought it was kinda wierd that after she sees megatron nothing else was mentioned. it's like it never happened. i'd give it 7/10 and screamer at the end was a very nice surprise.

18. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    I thought i was the only one around here that remembered that lol. As for the ship it should be omega it's the only way I see the bot's making it to season 2 once Megatron come back and the con's become more unified. Every decepticon that shows up hands them their ass.

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Maybe he picked up some signals on the way in? If he was following the beacon, maybe he picked up some TV signals or something too?

I think the catch there is that "the Punch" was performed while he was still in his Cybertron mode. The toy is his Earth mode. Basically, the Earth mode could do it in a more "toy friendly" way.

20. DragoUnicron

DragoUnicron Dragon Master

An amazing episode! I am really enjoying this series. I do have a question. When Lugnut does his punch, there is a G1 sound effect used. I recognized it, but couldn't place exactly which effect it was. Does anybody else know?

Count me in the Omega Supreme=Ark Group.

Sari was bugging me in the beginning of the episode, but this episode has really hit home, much better than the others have, how much of a child she is. I really do like that, and can't wait to see what else is in store with her.

One thing I really appreciate about Animated is its ability to come out of nowhere and catch me offguard. This happened twice today. Once when "Megatron" showed up, and again when Starscream came. I just enjoy the freshness of this series. I must say I enjoy the American series much more than the Japanese ones. There is just something to being able to watch something for the firsttime in your native language.