Transformers: Animated Episode 11 - "Lost and Found" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Or quite possibly the greatest character ever conceived.

2. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

We don't know what internal damage Prime suffered from falling from that height. For a human equivalent, the bones could have been broken, organs squashed etc, but you couldn't tell from the outside.

I think the Decepticons survived the cannon quite clearly, but their limbs got blown off. They were conscious all the way till they landed in the lake/river, so its clear they actually *survived* the cannon, their armour can take the hit and safeguard the parts inside, but their limbs came off.

3. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    By far one of the best Transformers episodes, probably the best in the series yet. The action was great, the fight scenes were great, the story was great, the plot twist at the end was great...

Animated is by far the best Transformers series. It won't be G1, because G1 is simply nostalgia at this point and the original mythos that started everything, but if there was ever something that could replace G1 in my heart, it would be Animated.

4. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Saw the episode and I wish Blitzwing nothing less than a violent and painful death. Why? Was it because he wasn't an effective bad guy? No, it was that ****ing multiple personality of his that annoyed the utter shit out of me. Guh! I was hoping that blast from the Autobot's ship would destroy him (read as wishful thinking).

Lugnut, for me, was by far the better of the two for me to handle. The undying loyalty to Megatron was good but I have echo that it sounded pretty generic. I like Black Arachnia and Soundwave better, but he's pretty good too.

Starscream showed up. First time I've seen him and my first thought was, "damn, he's ugly." Other that that, not enough there for me to figure one way or the other.

Ratchet and Sari's relationship seemed very forced at the end. And what was that thing that showed up in the ship that Sari saw? A hologram of Megatron?

Other than that, I don't like the way that key is being used. Really, it's the universal fix-it-all that just magically works and that bugs me. If they didn't have that key, the Autobots would be seriously boned.

I did like how the Autobots used strategy to combat Lugnut and Blitzwing. Thankfully, Prime does not have a supermode to rely on and I hope he doesn't get one. His strategy to use the sediment at the bottom of the lake was brilliant and here's to more of this from Prime. No ridiculous stock footage shots of him combining with everything FTW. Also, it was great to see that annoying putz, Bulkhead, get tossed by Lugnut. Prowl also showing some awesome ninja was good too. Now, if someone just crushed Bumblebee, I'd be set.

On a side note, when I heard the transformation sound for the ship at near the end of the episode, I was really hoping it was Omega Supreme making a possible debut since the ship looks so much like him in terms of coloring. That would have forking rocked.

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    LOVED the episode, the two Decepticons are wicked, and my brother nearly wet himself when Starscream returned (his fav Trasformer)

only think i didnt like is that when Megatron appeared to Lugnut, i didnt like his face appearing randomly on the screen. i wish we could have seen it more like through realistic visions-like we see the world through Lugnut's eye, with a small screen on the side showing Megatron

i was trying to figure out why the Autobots are still on earth and only now atempt to leave, but i think its cause they're waiting for Magnus. also, quick question about Lugnut-how many eyes does he have? i to me, its 5-the main one in the middle, and then what appears to be 2 smaller ones on either side of his face, for a total of 5. anyone know?

6. Julliant

Yeap, 2 on either side. Totally makes sense since he can't turn his head. :D 

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    also, the key causes more problems than it fixes-heck, if it wasnt for the key, Starscream, Lugnut, and Blitwing never would have come to earth-they would have only had to fight Megatron (no key used), Lockdown (no key used) and Blackarachnia (ok, the key was used there. ONCE isnt the end of the world). other than fixing Aoutbots and warning them of Decepticons, it does more bad than good, i think.

8. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    they might not have had to fight Megatron, since the key was what woke him up from his "coma"

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this show is becoming so good it actually makes me giddy. stuff i like:

- haha g1 construction workers
    - between lugs missile spray and blitzs lasers, the cons weapons remind me a lot of the robotech/macross cartoon back in the day
    - nice relationship focus with ratch and sari, but yeah, sari was getting annoying there for awhile until she wised up
    - i was like hyperventilating OMG THEY GUNNA USE OMEGA NNAAOOOOO???!!!
    - nice internal conflict between the decepts and very nice usage of blitz, his gimmick is used effectively in the story as opposed as a joke for the sake of a joke. lugs loyal follower schtick is kinda annoying tho.
    - more lugs vs bulk plz :( 

TFA is the shit.

10. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Right now the only three people who know Megatron is alive is Sumdac, Lugnut and Sari's Key. The Key interfaced and detected megatron in that one episode so maybe it was trying to warn her.

I am glad Sari might be using her key more responsibly, the autobots bitch at her as if they couldn't just yank that out of her hands. Soundwave was a direct result of her shenanigans.

I still think Omega Supreme will be the only way the autobots overcome new megs and crew.

11. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you have to consider the writing taking into account that this episode can be watched as a standalone, or maybe the 1st time a viewer is seeing it. putting in the that scene early on to show that sari is capable of irresponsibility is necessary to highlight her weakness and how she deals with it later in the show.

also, her reaction in the ship, while annoying, is believable. shes just a kid who doesnt want to lose her new best friends.

annoying? yes. bad writing? no.

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fun fact: Rich Fogel, who wrote today's ep, has won an emmy, and wrote a crapload of Batman, JL, and Superman episodes. But he also wrote "Total meltdown," which IMO was the worst ep of the series...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  13. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    This is getting interesting! Loved this episode. Starscream's back and if the ship does become Omega, I can't wait to see it.

14. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Also the way Ratchet called him "old friend."

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

Yeah, he could end up being this series' Tankor.

16. Julliant

Why did Sari go -CLANK- when she bumped into Ratchet?

17. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

Plus, Decepticons have clearly been stated as the "warrior class" fighters, while Autobots are made for less strenuous jobs.

18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    do you think she's
    >dramatic sting<
    [​IMG]
    A robot...

19. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said, but I gotta show my love for Blitzwing and Lugnut. Blitzwing is just such a fun character, with his accent and schizophrenia. There's so much potential for that character, I can see him becoming more than just comic relief in the coming episodes.

Lugnut however, is probably my favourite Decepticon yet. His constant Megatron-worship, impressive weaponry, and killer design/voice make him a HUGE badass, in my opinion. He comes off as a sort of neo BW Scorponok type, not too bright, but by no means a dumbass, and genuinely believes Megatron is the saviour of Cybertron. I find myself really needing his toy now. Not wanting, NEEDING.

20. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

QFT. I was going to post my thoughts, but that pretty much sums it up and I am tired. Also, YAY STARSCREAM!