Transformers: Animated Episode 10 - "Sound and Fury" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Kickback, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Yes, and scare all of the children away!

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This episode was so packed with perfection-excellence I'm going to have to write a full follow-up later.

I seriously had a giant grin on my face the whole time.

But, on Professor Princess:

For fuck's sake guys, she is one of the single biggest injoke nods to the internet fandom in the entire show. Listen to her dialogue, she's the personification of toy safety laws, and practically did a direct reference to the fact that VW prevented Alternators Bumblebee due to it being a "war toy".

Professor Princess and Powdered Sugar FTW.

And as for t--e res-t-- f th--- epis--d--

I AM SOUNDWAVE. I AM DECEPTICON.

THE REVOLUTION IS NOW.

3. SeishinKibou

SeishinKibou Well-Known Member

This episode was maximum Bass~! I only wish I had a HD version so I could watch on my bro's home theater. [*prays dvd release wont take years*] Well I'll do my lil' review as a pros/cons.

Pros
    - Soundwave~ [obviously a main point on everyones comments :lol ]
    - Soundwave dancing, imagine going to a rave and him being the DJ. TF dance off!
    - The many G1 cameos. I couldn't stop laughing at Daniel. XD I am half expecting to see Spike at a construction site with his yellow helmet :lol  It would be hilarious to see if Chip gets a cameo. "Courage~!"
    - BW Megs pinata~ XD
    - Bulkhead getting some character development. I was so sad when Sari rejected him. I just wanted to give him a hug~ ;_;
    - Optimus' awkward "Transform and Roll out" line. XD
    - Well he may be like Hector Ramirez but I keep seeing the reporter as Ron Burgundy. :lol 
    - Bulky playing the xylophone =3
    - As people have mentioned already, the "Where's my Frank" quote and 'Spike' running away from the rubbish bot. :lol 

Cons

-The only con that got to me is the animation was a tad off. Some of the movement just seemed a bit stiff. It felt like they decided to cut out 5 in-betweens for each key frame every so often...not to sound like a animation student or anything ^^; [The one thing I hate about studying animation is learning how to analyse animation >_<]

I still enjoyed the episode *nod* =D I found it rather hilarious actually, well besides when Bulks got all sad ;_; I didn't quite understand Professor Princess since I don't really know where..she's from ^^; but I did pick up the sailor moon and my lil' pony refs XD

I also got this shot of when Optimus is trying to cheer up Bulkhead. I paused it and when Optimus is smiling he looks rather evil...

[​IMG]

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    okay this is my favourite episode and Soundwave's my favourite charceter in animated. Sorry Bitzwing.

Cons:
    Proffeser Princess (I god i wanna go to a sawmill and through her in the saw. These Human villains suck she makes the angry archer less chessy.

Soundwave may not return....Please stop making stupid human villans and make More Decetpicons

Pros.

Soundwave is awesome

Soundwave's scion mode was awesome.

Bulkhead was playing with an xylophone.

5. Thundercloud

Thundercloud Lone wolf

Considering the target audience of this show, the fact that we're even getting G1 nods is enough to leave me happy.

True I was rolling my eyes when pony flying princess showed up, but the exploding kittens and the pony's decapitation at the end just turn that moment into gold.
    But not as funny as Ratchet saying "Smack it! Smack it already!!". To me, funniest animated moment yet.

I also love how Megatron keeps saying "I need a new b√≥dai." :lol 

Great, great episode.

6. Fito

Fito Little Buddy

I liked this episode, though it was not at the same level of TOTH and Blast of the Past.
    Ok, actually it's the one i liked the least, but i can't point out why at the moment.

Anyway, there's one thing that really bugs me: the "Sari and Bulkhead exclusive friendship". I mean, i'm loving Bulkhead more and more as the show goes on, but wasn't Bumblebee the "best friend she ever had"? Cutting him out like this (he went away with the others, seemingly careless about her) just don't make sense to me.

Bulkhead playing the Xylophone was pure WIN anyway, he's just so cute. Need Bulkhead toy NOW.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Heh. Some parts were rther "meh" but I liked Soundwave (custum pimp soundtruck FTW). The episode was not that good, but well. It was enjoyable.

8. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    You actually think G1 is better than BW?

THat's all I really need to say. But I'll say a bit more.

Every TF series is a toy commercial made to cash in on stuff. Saying otherwise is silly. That wasn't my beef.

And yes, I think you're wrong about G1. When was the last time you actually watched it? Character development was rare, if non-existent, the plots were morbidly stupid (Giant Purple Griffen, anyone? Only on one occasion you say? Well then how about Energy-Generating Diamong Mines, Hoist Goes to Hollywood, that whore and Powerglide, Childs Play, and just about any of Megatrons stupid plots). I'm not even touching S3 here, this is all Seasons 1 and 2. Compared to G1, nothing Animated has done has come close to it in stupidity. If you take off the rose colored glasses, you might realize something - G1 was a stupid kids show.

Now here's the kicker - so is animated. Animated is like G1 in just about every form, except that Animated has a consistent cast and character development. And I like both of them.

I only tear down G1 when someone makes it out to be a glorious masterpiece of cartoon work, and then calls anything else crap in comparison. It's stupid and wrong, and I call people on it. So sue me.

9. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I thought that was a great ep. Soundwave was totally awesome, sounded great and everything!

I hated Proffesor Princess, but then as she was a direct parody of chibi-usa from sailor moon, who i hated anyway, thats all fine. They even put her on a freaking unicron, hello Sailor Moon SuperS!

I laughed my ass off at the name 'powdered sugar' considering i did this a while back in the days of Fuzzy:

[​IMG]

10. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

Ironically, I bet the GPG would fit nicely into Animated :lol 

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    what about the Pearl of Bahoudin? Sometimes I think the TF wiki needs a "Megatron's stupid ideas" category.

12. Switchblade

Switchblade One Flesh, One End

News Credits:
    Wouldn't that just overlap with the episode lists from seasons 1 and 2? :p 

13. Don_East

Don_East Wants TFA Seeker Toys

It started off really stupid with the Sailor Moon/My Little Pony knock-off. But thankfully that lasted as long as the Angry Archer. Soundwave was awesome, I want the toy and a figure based off his first model. I felt like it was G1 when Megatron was ordering Soundwave around and when Soundwave orders the machines like G1. I totally felt a zombie movie vide when the Autobots fought the Soundwave-controled machines. And this interesting, when I rewatched it on YouTube, I played Thriller during that scene, it fits in nicely.

I loved all the fanwanks like...

• The numerous G1 Soundwave references
    • The purple tyrannosaur aka BW Megatron pinata
    • Daniel being at Sari's birthday party
    • Kremzeek's cameo

I give it a B+

14. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

1. Prof. Princess was suppose to be stupid and cheesy. How can people complain about things being cheesy when thats the joke? She was the personification of all parents groups that have attacked "violent" shows and toys. She's not suppose to be cool and that is why she was done away with in the first few seconds. You were suppose to think "oh no, not another crappy villian show" and THEN go "oh wait, it's a cool soundwave's origin show!".

2. Soundwave is totally returning. There is no chance of that not happening. The ending was an obvious foreshadowing. They couldn't have made it more clear if they wrote "he's coming back" across the screen.

15. FanTransformers

FanTransformers HUH !

News Credits:
    Some screenshots from "Sound and Fury"

[​IMG]
    KREMZEEK! cameo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Breakup is hard to do!
    [​IMG]
    Soundwave version 1
    [​IMG]
    Soundwave version 2
    [​IMG]
    Megs on TV
    [​IMG]
    Ready to Blast!
    [​IMG]
    Soundwave Badass!
    [​IMG]
    Daniel @ the party
    [​IMG]
    Prime T-shirt!

16. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Lot of nods. Kremzeek yay!

17. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Oh, I certainly have to add Bulkhead playing the xylophone also. He's so freaking cute. Soundwave was pretty awesome, also. Dancing and all. I got so excited when I saw Kremzeek!

18. FanTransformers

FanTransformers HUH !

News Credits:
    Kremzeek in G1
    [​IMG]

19. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:
    This was my favorite episode thus far.....by far. :ev: 
    Soundwave's whole origin story was great, as was the play on the moral issue of Sari continuing to use her key. All the G1 references were awesome, from Kremzeek to Daniel to Soundwave's case being the old Alt mode to him having the Play, Stop, Rewind buttons on his grill :D .
    Professor Princess I actually thought was very funny. As others have mentioned she was an in-joke in so many ways, the most brilliant of the human villians thus far.The constant fan rampage against the human villians seems overdone to me, I think they freshen the show up a bit and for the most part haven't been overused.(Except the wrestler episode) I'm awaiting the episode when the human villians all break out of jail and take on the Autobots all at once. I think it will be fun.
    I'm guessing we wont see an Autobot vs Decepticon free for all till the final arc of season one, but episodes like this Soundwave 1 will help the show along so much.

Now I've read a lot of stuff in this thread about how horrible G1 was and how much better the writing in BW's was when compared to the new Animated series. I think the new Animated series has easy the best writing I've seen thus far in a Transformers series. We have a continuing story arc involving Megatron and the whole idea of Sumdac reverse engineering from Megatron to build his robotics empire is great, if borrowed from TFTM.
    Beast Wars is in spots an excellent series but was far from flawless. It had good writing, and an interesting story overall. But it also had Prime and others constantly changing and upgrading, and the constant recycling of Dinobot, which ruined the Code of a Hero episode for me in the long run. I felt BW's was at its strongest when it played with the G1 themes and characters a lot of the BW's fans seem to hate......
    Now G1 for me has huge nostalgia but didn't have as bad a storyline as is being presented. It had several key arc's, from More Than Meets the Eye, to the Five Faces of Darkness, to two parters like the creation of the Aeriallbots. The episodes with Alpha Trion really delved into Transformers history. It presented an epic, universe spanning story and I think the critism of it is always a little harsh.

I've been unhappy with the art thus far in Animated but am blown away by the story thus far presented and can't wait for the lose ends to all tie together. Its something very new, despite its G1 nods, and I think it superior to both Beast Wars and G1, despite the fact that G1 will always be my favorite for both the nostalgia factor and that it launched the whole franchise. Wow, cartoons have come a long way since the '80's:thumb 

20. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I do.

Good episode.