Transformers Animated - Episode 1-3 "Transform and Roll Out" - Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by McBradders, Dec 25, 2007.

1. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Hear hear!

2. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Hmm, they didn't Transform with a blur. I like that.

3. Nightshadow

Nightshadow Fezzes are cool!

News Credits:
    i still need the funny prime face without text *spam*

4. Rock6922

Rock6922 Professional Wrestler

ok, my thoughts.
    Pros:
    Starscream is awesome. Love his voice, love how powerful he is.
    Megatron is equally cool. Can't wait to see him come back.
    I actually don't mind Sari. However, the key thing needs to be lost... I hate when characters can come back without consequences.
    Love Ratchet.

Cons:
    It's a kid show. I know, that's what its supposed to be. but damn, i love a more mature side to TF.
    Skips in frames for the animation. ugh.
    I don't like BUlkhead... too fat and dumb.

Kenny does a fantastic Starscream. I like the character designs, just wish itwas for adults...

5. wal2.0

wal2.0 Banned

So does that mean you're only limited to saying that you like it ONCE?

6. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
    I like it that Optimus Prime has his face mask, and its not as stupid as I thought it was going to be.

I'm actually watching it right now...OMG Prowl is down gotta go...

7. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    If you don't like something that is a matter of opinion then why would you continue to post about it? Especially if you are adding nothing other then "This show sucks"

8. Lio Convoy75

Lio Convoy75 Well-Known Member

I don't. I haven't seen it yet, and honestly, after reading this thread and all of your quotes, it looks like you're just here for trouble. I'm surprised your account's not banned for causing problems. In most forums someone who goes out of their way to cause problems is usually booted and banned pretty quick.

You say that forums and fandom is a place for people to complain. I don't know if you're just flexing your e-penis or if you really think that way in real life (you can say whatever you feel like on the Internet and only in rare cases has that cost somebody their life, so it's generally a pretty safe thing to do), but I just think it's pretty sad that you're so negative.

If you honestly hated something so much, you wouldn't subject yourself to it. I'll prove my point. Get a permenant tattoo above your ass that reads "I'm totally gay and I want all the boys to jam it up my tight pie hole till I bleed" with an arrow pointing down to your ass. I'll spring for the tattoo for ya as long as I get to be there to see it done in person and take pictures to post all over the Internet (I'll make my money back by posting those to some pay sites). I'll pay extra for it it be flaming pink so it'll attract attention. I betcha you'd never do it in real life, even if I offered you money to do it on top of paying for it. Why? Because you'd hate it really bad if you had it done. People don't do things they don't like to do. People don't watch TV shows they hate watching.

So, that means that if you're still watching after this week, you actually LIKE the show. It might not live up to your "manly" or "mature" standards for television, so you'll bitch about it, but inside you'll actually enjoy it. You'll bitch about it because then you'll feel justified in watching a child's show that doesn't quite meet your hopes, but it's something that down inside gets you in touch with your inner child. Maybe you'd feel better if you stopped trying to be so macho and just admitted that like a lot of us, you never totally grew up, which is why we're here in the first place. Just a thought.

9. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And what makes that absolute? Ahhh the G1 haters come out at nite. :horse: 

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One thing I neglected to mention in my earlier posts ... the "expressive" vehicle modes. It was kind of wierd to see TFs in car mode moving/squashing/stretching around with their reactions and dialog (sometimes with windshield markings or reflections mimicking eyebrows), but I got used to it pretty quick, at it fits the rest of the style of the show, and it's not exactly anything new, seen in G1, RiD, and probably others. (not necessarliy with the same frequency though)

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Yeah, it was weird at first, but as soon as I was sure they weren't going to make them like the titular Cars from the Pixar movie, I was ok with it. And Bumblebee retaining the use of his arms in vehicle mode was pretty cool. I wonder if the toy can do that.

12. THE UNICRONNER

THE UNICRONNER Banned

I didnt like it either... i thought starscream was awesome....the show was just like the teen titans...it was a basic transplant of the show for the exception of sari....prime acted like g1 hot rod from the 3rd season of that old show...ratchet acted just like kup ...why not just make him kup they could have made a cool new toy for kup instead of having the umpteenth ratchet figure...i donno i hated the look of the show and the animation was really bad... I just recieved a B S degree in media arts and animation and the animation in this show was not impressive at all.....I wish I could say I liked it better but the only thing I liked was how starscream was badass enuf to take on all the autobots at once.... this version of him seems much stronger then the g1 version so that was cool to see....the autobots just seemed way too weak and dopey ....and ratchet telling prime no when he was in the ship was like damn that aint right also same thing with bb and prowl.....did anyone else notice prowl had the kevin spacey vibe going on .... thats my opinion so dont flame me everyone is entitled to his or her own take on it....i just thought that it was very shoddy...and the design is just too trendy looking.. hopefully that look will burn itself out fast..

13. autobotlopirate

autobotlopirate transform and roll out

Ebay:
    It was ok. Its something you have to get used to. But i said the same thing about beast wars and that became my favorite transformer series. To each its own some people will like it some will hate it. Im just gald to see Transformers back on tv again.

14. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok I am late to the party.

Overall I was thrilled.

The animation was fantastic. I love the style and love how it translated to the Transformers universe. At first a few of the voices bothered me, I wasn't too thrilled with Optimus and Bumblebee's voices but by the end of the episode it seemed right to me.

The story is great so far, and the human element was represented well and not as annoying (to me) as some in previous incarnations of the show. Sari was not only a cute and fun character, but she also seems to contribute a little bit more than I had expected.

Tom Kenny as Starscream gave me awesome man-chills, how absolutely brilliant he was.

The show left me wanting more, and more importantly left me wanting to play with the toys.

I feel I am in for some good times with this one, and I am much more excited after seeing this than I was after seeing the first three episodes of Armada.

I had a few other non-Transformers people over to watch with me, and they all thought it was pretty fantastic as well.

15. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
    I dont like the show either....I been watching it and its the worst version of the show I have ever seen.

16. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For people saying that Animated is aimed at at younger crowd, look on the package of your TF toys, ANY of them from the last few years, for the age.

Yeah...

17. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:
    I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. I just want to know why the Autobots are so dumb? The Bots took so long to figure out what humans were, but Starscream had them figured out in just a few seconds.

As for Sari's key, I'm sure it will continue to be a major plot device since it appears that
    Sari's key gained the power of the Allspark after their "conversation"

I noticed a possible G1 reference early on earth. I saw a couple background characters with outfits resembling the ones Spike & Daniel wore (not the exo-suits) in the movie and season 3.

Anyway, I'll probably keep watching when there are new episodes, but I still don't plan on buying the toys.

18. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    I just watched it (had to DVR it) and all I can say is

WOW!

I really really like this cartoon and can't wait to see more and buy the toys for it.

One thing I liked a lot

SPOILER QUOTE

Sari says to Bumblebee, can I breathe down there and he says, "sure...what's breathe?"

I LOL'ed so hard for that

There was much more I liked but i'm kinda tired so i'll talk more later. I'll probably add all the animated characters to make on my avatar page now :) 

19. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Peace makes a bot soft, slow, weak...

20. EllwynX

EllwynX Well-Known Member

I have agree with your opinion for the most part. Aside from the animation, I wasn't as disappointed as I was afraid I would be. But it's still no G1, or even Beast Wars.

What I liked- Multiple G1 references (Sparkplug, Teletran-1, Spike/Carly/Daniel cameo, history vid, etc.etc.) The fact that they used the REAL transformation noise. Nice to hear that on a new show again. It is obviously connected to G1, and apparently Beast Wars somehow.

What I didn't like- Animation was too childish for Transformers. I'd have preferred they never arrived on Earth at all, I knew the humans would be unbearable mostly. Prime was watching history vids, and the 'Great Wars' are well known history, so why are they so clueless about Earth, especially Ratchet (since he is supposed to be the original G1). Earth was a HUGE part of the Great Wars. Was that Black Arachnia? Why was she a Decepticon again? Black Arachnia turned Maximal/Autobot. Even if it was another 'technorganic' Transformer, how does she fit in? How is this series reconcile the glaring continuity holes? The Transformers downgraded in size BEFORE Beast Wars (and this show must happen AFTER Beast Wars for a technorganic to be in it) so why are they back to being larger again? I also hate when they reuse names. If they aren't the original Bumblebee, Prowl, Optimus Prime then they shouldn't have the name, imo.

I'll be watching it regularly in hopes to get some answers to my questions...

And I hope it get's kids interested enough to want to learn more and find the G1/Beast Wars (as well as the comics which is what my interest is in most anymore). Maybe if they cram in enough G1/Beast Wars references it will spark some interest in them as well.

(Oh, and this is my first post here. :)  You live pretty close to me G-Man.)