Transformers Animated cartoon network Teaser

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Grimwing, Dec 12, 2007.

1. ikado

ikado Cuttlebot

Ebay:
    Wow what a kick in the balls for Cullen having to do that voice over. I have to say though, that it did give the spot some much needed cred! It would be sweet if he was some sort of narrator for the series.. Kinda like Prime years from now looking back on his early days.

2. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unfortunately, I'm in that camp too. Those Taz transformations bug the crap out of me. However, I'm still gonna watch it and give it a chance.

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

:lol  I'm at work too, have a soundcard but the firewall blocks YouTube and Photobucket. :( 

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, now that you mention it, they bug me too, but I'd rather have a quick blur of a transformation than a minute long "pokemon" screaming process like we've had in the last series.

Other than that, everything looks aces.

5. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    Nice. VERY much looking forward to it!

6. CDBROWN48

CDBROWN48 Well-Known Member

Sweet!!!:dj 

7. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The more I see, the more I like.

All the shown footage, I'm guessing, is from the 3-part series opener. I have to wonder if Mook Film's involvement isn't going to be regulated to just transformation and 'special attak'stock-footage. I know they mostly did that for all those syndicated cartoons from the 90s (Mummies Alive!, Megaman). I hope we'll get a couple episodes animated mostly by them, though. They did some phenomenal work on the 2nd season of SWAT Kats, if I recall.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting commercial. You can tell they're playing a lot off of the movie to promote the show. The big name characters that were in the movie get focus up front, and there's even a take on the "There war, our world" tag. And that was Cullen doing the narration? Cool.

9. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I must say I'm looking forward to this series. Judging by the episode synopsis' this series has the potential to be the much coveted G1 with BW qualities.

10. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    I reckon the UK will be watching this about 2 hours after the US thanks to the intertubes ;) 

This animation style is not really my kinda thing, but after watching, rewatching and watching once again the original series, I just want smooth fluid animation and no more cheapo stop motion like character movements. This show seems to deliver on that front.

11. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I don't really like the Tasmanian Devil transformations either. It was okay when it was for Prowl b/c it kinda fit his character, but I don't like it for any other character. Let's hope the Tasmanian Devil transformations are few and far between.

The rest of the show looks great though!

12. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    I loved Ratchet's line to Optimus: "You wanted to see action, kid?" Awesome!

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That's cool. I'm definetly in the minority when it comes to the "tazmanian devil" style of transformation. I personally don't mind them. It's definetly a lot better than having half the episode be cut scenes to their transformations. This way the transformations don't get in the way of the episode itself.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Damn, that's cool!

I have yet to see one thign about Animated I don't like. (not counting the girl)

As fpr the taz-TFs, BB did it and honestly, since he is supposed to be like all hyper and shit, it fits. Now if say, Ratchet did one, that'd be a little off-for him. But Quick Tfs are always better than the TF scnes from say, Cybertron.

15. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

IIRC Hasbro said their would be different types of transformations. Sometimes they will use the Taz change, but there are also more traditional transformations, with parts shifting into place. Sounds like there's a little bit of everything.

And as was stated earlier, I'd rather have the quick Taz than the overly-long stock footage over and over again like they used in Energon. Hell, Optimus Prime transforms twice and the show is half over. :lol 

16. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Probably not. But Cullen is still da man. :thumbs2: 

17. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I hope the guys doing this are listening. (Hint! Hint!)

18. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I, too, gladly take Taz-forming over the awful recycled cut footage from the last couple of series.

19. skeet

skeet aka $keeto Corleone

Whoa...Deja Vu!

It looked like BB was glitching before he transformed. lol

20. jazzman_78

jazzman_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm looking forward to this series. I'm okay with the Teen-Titan animation, and I swear i've seen something before that wasn't the Taz Effect transformation. Either way, this is the perfect series to get my kinds into their own Trasnformer hobby. They dig the movie, but are too young to be able to play with the Movie toys. (Heck, I started with the G1 Optimus Prime as a Kindergartener; he and Jetfire were the only ones I used the instructions for, and I still have trouble transforming movie Ironhide. SO this is a show for them with toys for them. Something we can all enjoy. Really looking forward to this.