Transformers Animated 10th Anniversary Celebration

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jan 5, 2018.

1. MaximusPrime2002

MaximusPrime2002 Well-Known Member

Yo Hasbro! If you're listening just bring Animated back! Everyone will love you for it!

• Like Like x 2
  2. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Random question: Did anyone else notice that Optimus didn't use his faceplate the entirety of season 3 minus the finale?

3. MaximusPrime2002

An interesting observation, though no I haven't noticed. Then again its been a while since I last watched Animated. I'll have to fix that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Here's something we could potentially discuss: What might we want to see in a hypothetical Season 4, based in part on what's already been revealed about what it might have entailed?

5. MaximusPrime2002

Are you kidding? What didn't it! Power Master Optimus Prime. A Shattered Glass episode. BW style predacons! Its amazing!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Blam320

News Credits:
    Not to mention Marauder Megatron and a giant prison break from Trypticon.

• Like Like x 3
  7. MaximusPrime2002

Honestly cancelling TFA is one of the worst show based decisions in the franchise. And I can't even blame Hasbro for this one. It was all CN's idea. Because apparently they just have a thing against giant robots.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Blam320

News Credits:
    Hasbro was also in the process of creating the Hub. It was a combo of factors. But then again, Cartoon Network never gave any good daytime slots to Transformers Cartoons.

• Like Like x 3
  9. MaximusPrime2002

Though that does bring up a big point. If Animated is to return, where would they air it? Seeing as their 20 minute episodes YouTube is out of the question. But a standard TV network might not be a good idea either. Seeing as this is a continuation to a show that ended ten years ago. The chance for catching a new audience is low. You'd be primarily relying on pre existing fans. There's the possibility to make it a streaming service exclusive, but then you risk alienating a lot of the potential viewers. It needs to be something that can easily be seen by a lot of people, but also handled such that they're able to turn a profit.

Then they also have to worry about tracking down all the same voice actors, writers, and other production staff. Though I suppose that won't be too difficult.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blam320

News Credits:
    Netflix wouldn’t be too hard. They did the new Voltron.

Plus tracking down the VAs and Writers and other staff shouldn’t be too difficult. Three of the really big names are going to TFCon LA 2019.

• Like Like x 2
  11. MaximusPrime2002

Yes, but that was a Dreamworks production. Hasbro would need to make a deal with Netflix before getting a show on the air. At the same time, if that were to happen, the show staff would have a massive amount more of creative freedom than if its to go on a TV network.

My biggest concern with a Netflix deal is that not everyone has it. It runs the risk of limiting viewership. But at the same time, if shows like Voltron and She-Ra can be as successful as they are, I suppose it isn't impossible.

And here's another idea. Would they redo the intro? I mean, the original Animated theme is cool. I won't deny that. But it would be awesome to get something of a refresh for the continuation.

12. Blam320

News Credits:
    I mean, probably. As of Season 4 Prowl is dead, with Jazz taking his place on the Earth team. Ironhide was set to join the main cast, and Sari is on her way to becoming a fully realized Autobot.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I think Netflix is probably the best option. They could even put up seasons 1-3 to see if there is demand for an Animated season 4.

I'm pretty sure that's what they did for Young Justice, though DC decided to put up season 3 on their own streaming service. Hopefully Hasbro doesn't make that mistake because a Hasbro-centric streaming service has a smaller shot at success than a DC one.

• Like Like x 3
  14. MaximusPrime2002

Also now that TFA discussion has been stirred up once again I'd just like to show how unbelievably amazing the Japanese Animated theme song is.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blam320

News Credits:
    The song is pretty good. I just don’t think the intro beats the USA version.

16. BlueFire11

BlueFire11 i definitely like robots a Normal Amount

News Credits:
    Animated will always be my favorite TF universe and if we don't ever get a continuation of it in some form or another, be it as a comic or a proper fourth season, I'm gonna ask for a Hasbro representative to lower me into my grave if I die just so they can let me down one last time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ In the meantime though, I will wait.

also controversial opinion: the USA version of the intro is the superior version cOUGH

• Like Like x 2
  17. Blam320

News Credits:
    In the meantime, it’s up to us to keep discussion alive and to fill in the gaps with our own works.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BlueFire11

BlueFire11 i definitely like robots a Normal Amount

News Credits:
    Darn right :D  I'm almost hoping if enough people talk and post about it again, it might help the push for a 4th season...

19. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

I can't beleive it's been 10 yrs already. Hasbrolabs? Are you out there? You made the barge now it's time to do something even crazier/cooler and finish some of those unreleased Animated figures! C'mon do it take my money and give me something to look forward to and route for! Omega Supreme needs a figure too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blam320

News Credits:
    Give us Blackout and Maurader Megatron already!

• Like Like x 4