Transformers and school

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by StarSaber79, Jun 3, 2009.

1. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Close if dupe! So anyways I have a question for you do you do any thing Transformers related at school? My examples are I made Revenge of the Fallen Demolisher with clay in my art class. I pretty much draw Demolisher everywhere on my binder, on my friends binders, on paper I find in my desk and on work sheets. I also make a lot of references no one understands and just today my friends where all giving each other piggy back rides so before someone jumped on my back I screamed "POWERLINK!", "ITS TIME TO DOUBLE UP!" or "JETFIRE OPTIMUS OVERLOAD!" So what about you guys?

2. TehPaws

TehPaws I have a silly name!

I...uh...post on this forum while I'm here? o.o

Well, I guess the final projects for both my B/W and Digital Photo classes were Transformers related. I keep meaning to put the Digital Photo pics up here sometime.

And sometimes I bring my toys with me for when I get bored. :D  Transforming them is very therapeutic.

3. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Lol me to I just bought an Armada Cyclonus off my friend today for $2.50. Also in computer class I go on this forum.

4. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I may have used Autobot-Decepticon split as an example of an irreconcilable conflict during an International Relations essay... I do it for fun. That and referencing Obama.

5. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

[​IMG]

- Coeloptera

6. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

nice

7. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

Only around my closer friends. Hell, I'll sometimes bring mini-cons to school. Otherwise, I don't even talk to other people.

8. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Uh what does that horrible image mean?

9. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

He's screaming,"NERDS!" the way someone would if you were at school and you jumped on some's back and yelled,"Power up!!"

10. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I once redrew the schematics for G1 Soundwave from the ones on his patent to a CAD Program, complete with front, side, and rear views of both modes. Took me about three weeks from using the drawings as well as my friend's Soundwave figure to get a better idea of the dimentions, then my teacher let me print it off using this huge printer meant for printing full house blueprints in color.

Then there's my friend, who doesn't seem to understand that English class and internet trends to not mix, as he will make the occasional TF reference, and I will be the only other person who gets it (he referenced Shockwave in a disscussion about "Of Mice and Men" for some reason, I think it involved the use of deep logic or soemthing, and the whole room just stared at him).

Oh yeah, my Chemisty teacher knows I'm a big TF fan, and he says that if he can track down what's left of his original TF's (the word "firework" comes into use when he starts describing what he did with them all those years ago), I can have it all for free!

12. newguy

newguy i

I wear TF shirts, and correct stupid kids who think G1 Hot Rod is Hot shot, and they swear they have seen the cartoon. I slap them, and tell them their idiots after 5 minutes of talk.

13. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

i draw con symbols, prime and soundwave. i also used the g1 episode name "ultimate doom" in every major writing assignment i.e. ".... this lead to romeo and juliets ultimate doom" and ".... that is why george sent lennie to his ultimate doom". also i was playin computer games in business class and proclaimed "it's upgrade time!" when upgrading my gats! i will try to write in "procede on your way to oblivian" on my english final tomorrow. i also quote g1 commonly

14. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Mostly it's just doodling various Transformers, mainly ones I'm designing for friends. But I'm hoping to have my second major Art piece be Transformer-related. And I did have one of my seven pieces last year be a lino print of the Matrix opening with the text "You've got the TOUCH! You've got the POWER! YEAH!!" with the 'e' in 'yeah' backwards.

15. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Ohhh ha ha I love making references and I didn't jump on peoples back.

16. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

i don't remember doing a whole lot, i think i kept it to myself. my friends and i would try to play transformers on the playground in like 1st grade.

in kindergarten or first grade my TA talked to me about transformers and and i asked if i could have his rodimus prime or hot rod toy.

more recently after a night out, my roomie and i would come back drunk and i'd make him watch G1 eps and one hungover afternoon we watched TFTM 86. i had hound and cyclonus from universe sitting on my desk.

17. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I feel old.

Back in my day, i took my G1s- constricticons, the mini's (BB, Warpath, etc) and would play with them under the desk as i listened.
    it helped.

didn't make references until jr. year of high school and later. but as someone had mentioned in another topic, there were lots in common between TFs mythos and real world events, or literature.

I can't believe i know a woman with a Master's in Psychology who doesn't understand my Gestalt references.

18. TehPaws

TehPaws I have a silly name!

When I say I bring my toys to school, keep in mind I'm in college. XD

I also have been drawing a couple ideas lately for new Autobot fan-projects. It's been years since I've made TF characters. Not since the days of Beast Wars. Wow...now I feel old.

19. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Well,considering it's your English final,I hope you learn how to spell it correctly.

:D  Sorry,couldn't help myself.

20. hellkitty

hellkitty Member

Let's see. I try to work in obscure line references when I teach rhet/comp. "So, when Megatron says, 'you're either lying or your stupid,' that's a false dichotomy, children..."

I showed clips from the 2007 movie in my Mass Media class when we were discussing product placement in films.

And my t-shirts. I've been known to give an extra credit point if they can identify my t-shirt by character, generation, or some other referent.

HK, raising geekdom to an academic branch.