Transformers and glass/rubber

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bottom Out, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

A question i've always wondered about...is the glass and rubber on these guys actually glass and rubber or is it transparent metal and rubber like metal? if it is actually glass and rubber how do they do it? Do transformers also have the ability to create glass/rubber when scanning an alt form? Is there a theory about this?

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I've always assumed that it's sorta part of their "skin"/molecular structure - like, it closely resembles metal and rubber, but can be regenerated.

3. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

I dont think transformers are all metal, i think they have other compounds that make up there body and that some could be glass or rubber like.

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

We actually had a similar thread a while back, and I don't think a real conclusion was reached then, either...

5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    For the movie transformers, at least, I believe it's probably due to nanomachines. It explains the bending, tires able to split, ratchet's medical laser, and such.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Nanomachines get my vote. It would also explain how CR chambers and stuff work, they accelerate the repair functions of the nanomachines. I guess in theory a damaged TF could heal like we heal - a scratch or a cut could be rebuilt by the nanomachines, while a deeper cut or a severed limb could not be regrown, but a medic could reattach it or fix up the damage.

They're advanced alien robots at any rate, so you could fudge a few things by saying "they possess advanced technology and are made of unknown to Earth alloys" and get away with it.