Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Jun 20, 2021.
Ah yes, and humanity exists for 2021 years.
He should be gigantic.
I will never forget the insane amount of denial when the very first Megatron render was shown, and then the absolute outrage when all of the designs were confirmed to be real. The amount of unironic "Michael Bay is RUINING my CHILDHOOD!!!!" that was on this forum was unreal. This is so tame in comparison
Apparently the tittle is
TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEASTS https://t.co/5tCcMgiSDE
I mentioned it in the other thread, but Discussing Film has reported wrong info in the past. For example, they were blatantly wrong about who the production set designer was. I wouldn't trust it unless a better source verifies it.
EDIT: Someone said it's from a Paramount event? So it might be real?
The title just seems odd. Definitely don’t like how it reminds me of that one Transformers game we don’t talk about…
Well this one is not wrong since bwtf has also reported it and he stated that hes in a paramount event about this movie
Arcee too but no one should be surprised
HOLY FUCK NIGHTBIRD
Airazor is the first maximal confirmed
Holy shit! news everywhere.
Mirage being the cool, anti authority figure is interesting at least.... Scourge sounds pretty badass too.
According to Comic Book .com
TRANSFORMERS 7 Is Officially Titled RISE OF THE BEASTS; Will Introduce Maximals, Predacons and Terrorcons
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts
Introduces Predacons, Terrorcons, and Maximals
Return of Peter Cullen
dam, that was unexpected. they're revealing a lot of stuff. it seems decepticons aren't a focus of the film but rather "terrocons" who follow an rid style scourge with beast hunter elements.
i like the name, it seems they really wanted beast(s) to be somewhere in the title it i think it's probably the best you can do with it
curious as apparently the bw characters dont have an organic look but rather "rustic and aged" as well as "ancient" so maybe some type of steampunk style? caple mentions "organic" so perhaps the final film designs will feature a more techno organic design or maybe they'll ditch the techno aspect all together
Transformers 7 Is Subtitled "Rise of the Beasts"
Brooklyn and Machu Picchu
Maximals, Predacons, and Terrorcons under Scourge
Peter Cullen Optimus
Off-road Camaro Bee
Porch 911 Mirage
Nissan GTR Nightbird
So far this sounds like a love letter to BW and UT fans (and Prime fans I guess even if their Arcee is the third Bikecee)
Wow. That's a whole pile of "not very interested" right there...
There's a flood of new info. Here's what I've collected so far:
- The next film will be titled: Transformers: Rise of the Beasts
- Predacons, Terrorcons, Maximals are in the film
- A lot of elements and characters not shown before will feature in this film
- Terrorcons are a "new" threat to the universe
- Predacons will be more "reptilian in nature"
- Predacons are the "natural enemy of the Maximals"
- Terrorcons and Predacons are NOT allies
- The Terrorcons are a danger to *everyone*
- "Rise of the Beasts" was originally set in 1994
- Tried to avoid the timeline of the Bay films. '94 had "great music" and Caple Jr. loved that era. Caple Jr.: "There's a certain energy to that era..."
- Terminator 2 being cited as an inspiration for the film
- New York City will be one of the settings of the film
- Brooklyn will be the main setting
- In heavy contrast, Peru will be another setting for the film. This was done on location. NYC is mostly sets
- Filmed in Machu Picchu, a rarity for films.
- di Bonaventura: "The Incan traditions reflect on the movie...and how they affected the storyline..."
- Combining ancient stories and "modern" stories in these films is a key focus.
- Optimus Prime will be the main character in the film. His Bumblebee Movie form will be updated to be more G1.
- Caple Jr. "We ARE going G1 with Optimus Prime."
- di Bonaventura: the film will show how Optimus Prime becomes the leader we met in the films set in the future. (I'm assuming he means future films in the rebooted universe?)
- OP is new to Earth, so he doesn't have a connection to it yet. He grows into a protector of Earth in this film.
- di Bonaventura: This film allows us to get under the "stoicism" shown in previous films. Peter Cullen will be voicing him again!
- Bumblebee will be an off-road version of the classic Camaro with large tires and a rack of lights on top.
- Mirage will be a Porche 911 in the film
- Mirage vehicle mode concept art is silver and blue. He's an "outlaw" who stirs up trouble and anti-authority.
- Arcee will be in the film! Very G1-esque design but appears to turn into a motorcycle.
- Definite shades of "Energon" Arcee.
- Arcee transforms into a Ducati 916.
- Nightbird! She looks like a Bay version of the G1 cartoon character. Transforms into a Nissan GTR. Has a sword and blade weapons in her arm with a "hood" head design. Right hand of the main villain.
- Nightbird has "switched sides" and is now a Terrorcon.
- Nightbird is dark grey/silver and purple.
- Scourge is one of the main villains. Giant claw hands, smokestacks in the back, pointed shoulder armor and helmet. Very "Beast Hunters" Predacon looking. Leader of the Terrorcons. Prideful and "collects" Autobots and Maximals as trophies.
- Scourge takes insignias of his kills and welds them to his own body.
- First BW reveal is Airazor! Showing bird mode. Mechanical looking, not super organic. Very nurturing character who can be fierce. Design is "rustic" and "aged".
- The Maximals are "ancient" and have been around.
- RHINOX: Brains and muscle of the group. Looks like a rhino with giant metal plates running down his body. Beast mode looks FIERCE. No robot mode pic.
- Caple Jr. mentioned "organic" but not sure if that means they're techno-organic.
- OPTIMUS PRIMAL: Looks like the BW concept art shown online years ago for "The Last Knight" BUT this concept art definitely has fur on it!
- Primal has wisdom and is the fatherly figure of the Maximals. He takes care of his own.
- Fishback: Playing Elena(sp?) a researcher studying artifacts. Her boss keeps taking credit for her work.
- Ramos: Plays Noah who lives with his family in Brooklyn. "Father figure" to his brother and all about taking care of his family. Ex-military and came back home trying to find his way to live with his mom and brother.
- Ramos: Always hustling. Can fix anything with electronics.
- Ramos: Loves his tenacity and heart and will to never quit in spite of all the crazy things life has thrown at him.
- Ramos: Introduced to TFs via Beast Wars!
- Ramos: Caple Jr. asked him what his goals were for the film. He said he wants to bring heart to the character. "Why do we need humans?"
- Caple Jr.: A lot of thought has to be put into every phase of the film even down to choosing locations that can accommodate giant robots (like, you can't have trees where one will be standing).
- Caple Jr is a fan so as he saw concept art he was excited and felt fans would be excited too.
- Caple Jr.: "There are characters you have not seen yet."
- Caple Jr.: It was a challenge to bring the Maximals onto the big screen. Didn't want them to be cheesy. Wanted them to be able to look like they could hide out in this world.
- di Bonaventura: Mentions "hide or fur" as important components of the Maximal designs.
- di Bonaventura: Bumblebee Movie was a conscious choice to be a smaller, character-focused film. This film is going to call back more to the original Bay films in scale.
- Caple Jr.: Wants to put together a journey where you walk away feeling good and applauding he wants to make the audience care and feel something.
- Caple Jr.: "Spectacle and character."
- di Bonaventura: Has a soft spot for Ironhide as a character because that was his son's favorite.
- Caple Jr.: His favorite character is in "Rise of the Beasts" and has not been revealed yet!
- Quote from the person tweeting the info: Based on what I've seen "Rise of the Beasts" is going to be a killer toy line.
huh: Autobots, Decepticons, Predacons, Maximals and Terrorcons... I wonder how much time they'll spend on the actual mythos, will a "reg" get the difference between Bots/Maximals and Cons/Preds and if there will even be distinct differences in factioning.
i think i've mentioned this before but i'd be shocked if they didn't try to tie in the nazca lines since it takes place in peru and involves beast wars
Guys are you seeing this
Separate names with a comma.