TRANSFORMERS #7 Full PREVIEW

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lucas35, Jun 5, 2019.

1. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...depends on whether you follow the toys or the cartoon; could be blue, too... ;) 
    World in Your Eyes -> Quake -> Cracks Beneath Your Feet

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    So you can't read something unless the character just tells you what they're thinking 100% of the time? Unless everything is spelled out for you? "I AM BUMBLEBEE I AM SAD"

Like, it's more nuanced here. I think you would be able to put 2 and 2 together and figure out what he's horrifically depressed about. You know that thing? Depression? That thing that can consume your life with grief to the point that it's all you can think about and not notice something like a friend showing up to see you? Like what's happening here?

3. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's not written for kids. Those are even worse.

Please. I waited for years for Guts to finally get off the friggin' boat. There's a difference between slow and boring.

4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Let me guess, a TVTrope term?

It's "to", not "too". If you're going to attempt to be witty, use spell check.

No, it wasn't. What you are seeing here is whining because MTMTE got cancelled. Sure, they'll word it different, but it's a temper tantrum for that reason, pure and simple. Infiltration had a slow build as well, did people flagellate themselves over it? Nope. Tantrum.

5. osenator

osenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I buy comics to be entertainted. NOT BORED TO TEARS like this series.
    IDW did some good comics in the past, just see anything by Nick Roche, please, or even Robert sometimes.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Boy, that was a thrill.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Some of us thought the old IDW series sucked too, though. thinking3.png

8. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

The design is alright, if a bit samey. It's just the execution making it look bad.

9. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    I know, TF comics didn't get good until it was Gen 13 in Space. I got it.

10. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

The problem isn't so much that it isn't non-stop action scenes - in fact, non-stop action scenes wouldn't be better - the problem is more that the comic doesn't do its talking in a way that's as good as it could and should be. Here are three examples just to get a feel of what I'm talking about:

Most of the world-building is conveyed to the audience through tell rather than show. The Ascenticons are introduced in the very first issue but it takes us too many issues before we learn what they are about and there's no reason for keeping them vague. Rather than show us things in an engaging way through the audience surrogate, we instead have people talking about things like Quake and the war in a corridor.

It's not really that the ideas themselves are bad, it's the way the story is put together that's bad.

11. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

Sort of. He's referring to the "Stuffed into the Fridge" trope, which refers to a character getting killed in a gruesome way to cause another character anguish, justify them becoming dark-dark or becoming obsessed with revenge. However, as explained on the page, it was first a term popularized by Simone Gail who applied the term to female characters who were killed off as a plot device ("Women in Refrigerator").

The name comes from how Kyle Rayner's girlfriend was once murdered and stuffed into a fridge by a villain for Rayner to find.

In this case, Rubble is (seemingly) killed off to cause Bumblebee grief.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  12. TFGenoBats17

TFGenoBats17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Hoping Elita is not that evil and creepy like in TAAO. Its scares the hell outta me when I first saw her

13. osenator

osenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course, but do you find this new series better ?
    We might had some bad issues, yes, for sure, but not like this entire new serie.
    BLAND STORY, CHARACTERS AND ART....
    That is why i hope IDW looses the licence soon, so a new company has a crack at it. Maybe Fresh perspective is needed.
    A true question here to all, if IDW goes belly up, does the licences are returned to Hasbro and can be resold immediately or the licences stuck in limbo of the remainder of the agreed contract with IDW and Hasbro, even if IDW comic branches goes full Thanos snap ?

• Like Like x 2
  14. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    I figured it was a Major Force reference and a TVTrope. I just choose to disregard the opinion of anyone who quotes that shit site.

15. Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    I have no idea what you're saying.

I think that they are / were equally bad, but for different reasons. Nu-IDW is bland, but it lends strength to the rumors that IDW was told to clean up the various properties that they are working on for Hasbro, or else.

16. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

I wouldn’t be surprised if Hasbro told IDW to “reel it in” and get their house in order.

• Like Like x 3
  17. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Silly rabbit. Kids don't buy comics! :) 

18. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow I’m shocked with every live action movie that gets released that took people who never like transformers and took them made into transformers all I ever read about how bots should look more g1 well bumble in comic is g1 what more can you want

Try talking to new generations of kids you be surprised they do buy comics but it is not transformers it is marvel and DC Comics go to comic con go find out last year at comic store little kid wanted buy comic what comic comic that is about Thanos this Gernation read marvel and DC Comics not transformers

Go to Comic Con Find those answers you will Not see that happen at TFcon At Comic con you will where I met tony Todd, and comic artist Alex Milne and other comic artists who work on transformers comics not as much you at TFcon you be surprised this generation at comic con this generation cosplay as Star Wars, marvel and dc comic characters and some buy there comics

You be surprised you people really need go to comic con for one day and see this kids generations walking in superhero’s they see in movies and see this kids gereratims buying comics they buy comics but it is not transformers it’s marvel, dc, image , walking dead, as I have been saying for years transformers made people who never like transformers and made them into new transformers fans but they will never ever read comics , watch cartoons, buy toys those new transformers fans thanks to movies they do not like to buy transformers comics and cartoon shows

I have been saying that for years

19. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

I didn't say I wanted him to look more G1. I think the design is overly square and featureless, his upper torso feels squished, and the face looks awkwardly sculpted and angular.

20. Lankasu

Lankasu Active Member

Second this. To me Transformers are robots that can Transform, that's why I Hated RID and AOE/TLK design, because they are robots, but they don't look like they can transform. To me the best kind of transformers is the type that hinds what it can turn into, but you won't know how.
    Prime Bumblebee:car headlights, car doors, it can turn into a car
    RID Bumblebee: Yeah its a cool tall robot, but does it even need a alt mode?

Original Live Action Optimus:So many car parts its amazing
    Knight Optimus: Cool Knight Robot, nothing to do with cars.

This is why G1 looks good, car roofs, car doors, car front, you know he can transformer and you know what it can transform into, you just don't know how yet.

• Like Like x 2