TRANSFORMERS #7 Full PREVIEW

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lucas35, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

Wow, look at all that filler!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dark_T_Zeratul

Dark_T_Zeratul Well-Known Member

So how many issues until Megatron calls back to Bumblebee's internal monologue here to amend it to "Peace through tyranny"?

3. Nemisispath

Nemisispath Needs a new username

Is it me or does the art keep getting flatter and duller?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont have a problem with the art I actually kinda like the faces. Outside of that my view is similar to other peoples and I cant really add anything new.

5. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

It sure isn't you, and this Bumblebee design is terrible.

6. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

So they’re gonna round up the crew, march down to the Decepticon hideout and demand Quake be turned over. Then get into a gunfight...... no?

Shameful.

7. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

I don't know how they'd know Quake did it? He killed Rubble because he didn't want any witnesses.

I do wonder, since the primates witnessed the crime, if they could be hooked up to another voin and have that voin pass on Quake's identity to the Autobots.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

I liked Rubble (I didn't think he was going to die and it's a big waste if he does die), but I completely get what you're saying. I feel the same way.

It was why I didn't care at all about Alice from Detroit Becomes Human. She was so blatantly an attempt at emotional manipulation by the game's creators. Now, emotional manipulation in storytelling is a legitimate strategy. For example, George R. R. Martin exploits this in Daenery's story to make the audience biased towards her actions because they are experiencing events from her point of view.

The problem with Alice is that she is all emotional manipulation. They banked entirely on the audience caring about her and her well-being because she was a child. They did jack all and nothing to make her into an actual character. Compare just her interactions with Klara to Clementine's interactions with Lee and you'll notice the difference real soon.

Seriously, if they were going to go that route, they should have just made her a dog instead of a child. I saw a great post somewhere else about how Klara's story could have been vastly improved if Alice had been an elderly dog that Todd owned and abused. Klara heads to Canada because she wants Alice to live out the rest of her days somewhere safe. That way, you avoid most of the problems with Alice's story - a dog character is much easier to write than a child character for example - including the plot holes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait... I didn't think Rubble died a couple issues ago. I thought it was meant to leave us hanging... *read it again* I guess it could go either way.

10. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I sometimes worry for today\'s generations of kids if THIS sort of big bag of NOTHING preview appeals to them and makes them want to buy this comic? :( 

• Like Like x 2
  11. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I very much doubt this generation of kids knows what a comic book is at this point.

12. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm desperately trying to continue to give this comic a shot, but it's tripping over itself. It's not just the crash coming down from the really well done books by Roberts and Barber, this new Transformers is legitimately slow with not much being set up.

With that said, I am still supporting it. If it turns around I'll be happy to quote my own post and tell my past-self to eat shit.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

Shit, that would actually be really interesting. Bumblebee's in intense repairs or a coma and Rubble is trying to investigate on his own because he doesn't want to sit by. It's a stupid thing to do but he's young and feels helpless.

Rubble's got no idea who's done it so he tries to investigate both sides and has to judge things without Bumblebee's input. He makes mistakes because he's still new so he doesn't have any real experience with people or forensics etc. Maybe he gets influenced by Megatron. Maybe he pretends to get influenced by Megatron or the Autobots. Maybe he ends up doing something extreme either directly or indirectly against the Ascenticons (because he thinks they did it) or security (because of their failure to protect Bumblebee) thus becoming a non-literal casualty of the growing unrest by getting swept up and becoming an extremist or just by becoming violent or more black-and-white in his thinking.

Switching the two invites a lot of interesting story possibilities. Doesn't feel like Rubble Dead = Bumblebee Sad invites anything as interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  14. osenator

osenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2019-06-05_15.47.32.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This is making me think... was the original idw stuff non stop action scenes? I've so much talk of how boring this is but it all sounds like "no action scene yet again".

• Like Like x 2
  16. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Man, if you guys think this is slow,, then One Piece will absolutely murder kill you. Oh, you think waiting two months to get to a plot point was bad, imagine waiting 10 years in real time for it.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

Don’t get me wrong, I love that my boi Quake is getting attention but this comic is pretty boring. It feels like the story they’re trying to tell would be better as a book.

18. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

People have tried that argument before and it doesn't work, A story can be slow and still be interesting. One does not exclude the other. If One Piece had been slow and boring, it wouldn't have lasted this long.

19. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    This is slow and is not interesting.

At least it’s one issue every two weeks and not one issue every month.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Scoff

Scoff Well-Known Member

Oh no, I feel you. I do. I'm just saying that there's a reason they are not marching down to demand Quake's arrest: they don't know that he did it and it would be bad writing if they somehow did.

• Like Like x 2