Transformers 5 The Last Knight Optimus Prime Figure 1st Look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well, lets hope they didn't just stick 90% of the vehicle on the back this time.

2. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like the only thing on the back is the roof of the truck. Everything else is either in his legs, on the back of his forearms, or presumably stored inside the roof/his chest

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darkshift

Darkshift The Devil's Advocate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Boy howdy am I glad I skipped on Sir Toys' Undersized "FE" Prime. Still a shellformer, but a great looking one at that. Who says shellformers have to be ugly?

4. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Could be the case, but we haven't seen the back of the vehicle mode yet. Think about how much kibble the last one had.
    I got it a while back. Too light and flimsy.

5. Darkshift

Darkshift The Devil's Advocate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    REALLY glad I didn't pick it up. if there's one thing I hate, it's lightness.

6. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    It LOOKS better than the AoE version. Hopefully it actually won't have a huge backpack this time. I'll most likely get it even if it does have one though.

7. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    It's not bad looking. I like he has the more accurate looking sword. If this is a Voyager mold, I'd definitely consider it. The one thing I hope more than anything is Hasbro ditches the chrome like AoE Leader Prime had.

8. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It's certainly no M01.

9. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking at the shoulder pins and the hands, this mold looks like it is a Voyager. If it is a Voyager it is a pretty good figure. I still want an excellent Leader Prime that won't cost over $100 to get. I never bought ROTF leader Prime and really regret it now.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    This confirms what I always thought, that the design isn't very good.

I'll Pass.

But it's still better than the AOE Leader that said.

11. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Better looking tha AoE at least.

12. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    Looks better than its predecessor. New designer/engineer maybe.

13. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube:
    Definitely seems to have better design than the AoE line. But time will tell for the rest of the figures.

Hear me out: What if the TLK line doesn't have any Leader figures at all, just deluxe and voyagers? Would there be a way to incorporate the cost it would take to develop the leader-class figures into the smaller toys and produce higher-quality ones?

14. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This voyager seems to be super consistent with the amount of paint, parts and construction style as contemporary Titans Return toys.

So, I doubt it.

15. zachprime86

zachprime86 AKA Launch Pad Destroyer

Man... this looks AWESOME !! I hope this is a voyager and I hope we get both voyager and leader.

16. Pavol Palat

Pavol Palat Palatinus

News Credits:
    I do remember the leader figure as I have three versions of it. All I wanted to say was that before everybody goes bonkers about how all the kibble magically like totally 100% disappeared we should wait for a picture showing the figure from the side and back. Because -to me- there is still some goo chunk hanging off.

So I may be right and I may be wrong. Thanks for your advice, made me feel all the better.

17. combinerlover

combinerlover ToiletTroop/ShedHead fan boy

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    On the contrary , I`d love Has/Tak to start incorporating MORE CHROME in to their lines .... I actually hope n pray that CHROME has a role to play in the 3erd part of PW`s toy line .... * Fingers crossed ! * .

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Of course there is. With this movie character design, especially at a smaller scale, that is unavoidable.

But the size and the shape of the chunk is totally different. It doesn't go up above his shoulders all the way to the top of the head, and it doesn't go down behind his legs. What it may do, is have the entire cab sticking way out behind him as a giant, fat backpack, like the DotM Deluxe. That's what we can't tell from only a front shot. But what we can tell is that they got the backpack out of the way of the legs' range of motion. It's nothing like the AoE Leader design.

19. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's my best guess for the transformation:

There's hinges on the outsides of the smokestacks, connected to the truck cab sides, and a hinge -- possibly compound -- on the back of the cab roof. Looks like the cab sides unpeg and rotate back to lie across his back, while the roof and truck windows lift up on a long double-jointed arm and fold over and behind the smokestacks. (How the obvious sheath for the sword is left accessible after all this I don't know.) There may be hinges on each of these panels to collapse them further.

There's also hinges just behind the gas tanks, and a seamline in the middle of the trailer hitch. The front wheels and grill split and the whole wheel/gas tank/running board assembly folds back on those hinges. The gas tanks fit against the rear wheels and then the from wheel arches rotate around on another hinge and fold up on lock in place. The rear of the truck then splits in half and are rotated 90 degrees a la AOE Galvatron so the hidden wheels face the back of the robot. Feet flip out from somewhere, probably under the trailer hitch.

The top of the truck hood is visible on the back of Optimus's arms. Those split apart and his torso and head pull out of whatever is left of the truck cab after all the other transformation is done. Straighten up and pose as desired.

The backpack will be wide, but it should be pretty flat. It's mostly composed of flat cab panels layered atop each other.

20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know which size class it is, but I'm impressed. I'm just hoping they haven't downsized the classes again.