Transformers 5 The Last Knight Optimus Prime Figure 1st Look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Oct 21, 2016.

1. SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle blorp.

Looks excellent. Now to wait a year and a half for the high-end Human Alliance-scaled oversized KO version.
    In all seriousness, this is a surprisingly good transforming representation of the new Prime design. Isn't Hasui working on the TF5 line? Not that he's the sole reason for this looking better (at least a year of refinement on HasTak's part surely factors into that, at least somewhat) but it has that clean simplicity his designs usually have.

2. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Finallyyyyy. If painted right, it would look great.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Backpack is unfortunate but likely though if they can still get the gastanks on it in diagonal position I can forgive it.On the whole this looks nice and they managed to make nice shoulder plates. I do think I\'ll look to Takara this time as it already seems we won\'t get painted rims. I do sort of hope they put appropriate chrome seeing as Optimus in the films is clearly a pimped out customized truck.

4. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I might get this

5. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Would be cool if they could repeat the phenomenon that is Evasion Mode Optimus Prime and deliver a Voyager/Deluxe with a good transformation and design.

The AoE look is harder to work with admittedly, and I don’t see any truck parts on his chest or arms, so it's probably the same shellformer-esque deal we got with the AoE Leader class Prime.

I'm keeping an eye on it though. Takara made the Leader one look gorgeous, the only thing holding me back was my dislike of the movie and the simply nature of the toy for its size. If it's a Deluxe or a Voyager and Takara puts in the same work they did with Armor Knight Optimus Prime this might turn out to be decent.

6. Matt-o-matic

Matt-o-matic TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A good improvement. Not as unpainted as I thought they might be, though still lacking some detail, especially where there's meant to be silver. Hopefully they're over the whole chrome thing. Though why they're still insisting on giving him a glowing sword and shield I don't know...

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    What else could they do with that movie design? There's literally no other choice. At least they've compacted the shell a lot compared to the AoE figures, but with a body and arms and legs like this movie design has, there's no way to turn that into a truck. It's got to be a shell.

Armor Knight was gorgeous, and I love it, but look at how much more of a shell it had... and the entire base of the truck riding on its back:

[​IMG]

The level of detail Takara gave it was amazing, but the shell/backpack reduced the number of poses you could do to close to zero. The new figure looks way more posable.

And comparing the shoulder pins, I really do think the new figure is a Voyager. If they really can make a Voyager of this design look this good, I really can't wait to see what a new Leader will look like.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

Wow, it looks like Hasbro Designers handled / resolved a lot of issues of this truck and robot style. Looks way cleaner than AOE version. Less kibble and better integration of truck parts into robot.

9. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Finally! A proper AOE OP... really hoping this to be a voyager... very particular about scale lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    This might be the ala-ROTF Prime...

11. PredaConvoy

PredaConvoy Rogue Tripredacus Agent

Looks like a nice Voyager scale version of AOE Prime.. Don't know if I need it, but I'll keep an eye out for the few movie toys I'd have in my collection. I liked the Takara AOE Prime, then they released the changeable faceplate one and I kicked myself so hard!!

12. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I'm calling it quit for Movie TFs figures but I'm still collecting Optimus Primes from respective movies.

Knowing TakaTom, I'll hold out for "Armor Knight" version of this which is gonna debut at some point.

13. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Bumblebee Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Aaaaaand it's the AoE Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    We already know from the TF5 movie banner that Optimus retains the same form from the last movie, but are you suggesting this is somehow the same Optimus figure from the last movie line? Because it resembles none of the AoE figures whatsoever. Everything about it is completely different, not to mention it seems to be a different scale.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pavol Palat

Pavol Palat Palatinus

News Credits:
    I am pretty sure there is a HUGE chunk hanging off its back, so not much of an improvement over AoE leader Prime. I like back tires hidden behind chromed smokestack better than a huge block sticking to the back and sides of the figure... look just how much of the "black" sticks out on the right side of the torso... We'll see once fully revealed and painted.

16. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

Looks nice, especially in comparison to the AoE toys.  I might cave on this one depending on what Takara does with it.

17. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I did an estimate of the figure's height, assuming that the sword handle is 5mm, and it comes out as ~18 cm, which would indeed make this a Voyager.

18. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:

19. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    f you look it looks like the front tires swing back and lock on the sides of the rear tires so the rear tires instead of being on his back, are hidden Inside his legs. You can clearly see the grey parts on the back on the trailer now in the inside of his legs. I'm thinking the back is just the back of the truck bc ALSO you can see in truck mode he has the sword holder in that spot plus his smoke stacks. This is all theory but it's been theory then "this is a repain, I'll pass" without really looking at it.

Hopefully this helps some ppl out I had a feeling Husai would help Prime look better.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Looks about as good as this design can on a transforming toy. At least the robot mode is accurate to the God damned CGI model this time. And the backpack isn't quite so atrocious.

Yeah, not bad. The back of the cab, assuming it's the back of the robot given the smokestacks, looks to have a sheath for the sword.