Transformers 5: The Last Knight Confirmed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by fallen_revenge, May 16, 2016.

1. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

I honestly didn't think much of Guardians of the galaxy. It is one of the weaker Marvel films imo.

2. WillShockwave

WillShockwave All Hail Megatron !!!

I think that OP version with optic purple can be when he was not a rebel rather when he was a slave of the creators or Maybe he was reprogrammed by the creators with Dark Energon or maybe this is not OP but an evil clone of him , as if Nemesis Prime, making Nemesis the last knight .

3. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Well thats a whole lot of NOPE!!!.

So ops is a decepticon now or something with the purple eyes. Also WHY the f@#$ are they turning him into a Knight? They honestly have yet to make a real Transformers movie. The closest they got was the first one.

I love that all the reasons they could never make these movies correctly have all been debunked at this point and yet we still have these horribly hard to watch movies coming out one after another. The way they mess with characters and you are guaranteed to see a character that breaks your heart they couldnt do them right before killing them just is unforgivable. Marvel has proven that you can make these movies nostalgic faithful and updated with out having to abandon your soul. Go through the list of characters and name just one that is better than their original concept or character. Optimus prime is debateably the best of them all while all the other characters really just kinda sucked. Sentinel Prime was good ... struggling here..... lockdown not bad.....thats about it really. All the other characters were pretty much just poorly designed visually and always over spiky. Soundwave stunk, shockwave was a joke, Starscream was forgettable, Megatron sucked then got better but then got lame then just turned into more lameness, Devastator and his balls, and should i even mention the twins?
    I just wish I could watch a Transformers movie and enjoy it like I do with Marvel movies where things are recognizable and fun. Maybe Disney should just buy Hasbro and nullify Paramounts contract with TF. Marvel did originally write the Transformers history background and bios.

Just tired of seeing movies of Transformers that are clearly directed by someone who is NOT a fan of Transformers.
    OK rant done and sorry to all those who do like the movies I just want it to be our turn to get what we want.

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Absolutely could not work. That's a jump of a decade.

5. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It seems really odd that they suddenly remember the Lenox had a family...

6. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I happen to agree with this as a Transformers fan. It will eventually happen with every franchise and genre. I've been burned out on super hero films ever since 2012 when I found the Avengers to be incredibly mediocre and kind of boring, and there may be super hero fatigue for other people, too, but right now both super heroes and Transformers films are financial successes.

7. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

The font

I thought exactly the same thing, LOL!!! I'm not feeling the new font at all. If they're going to continue this whole knights thing, could we at least have Cybertronian Knights that actually talk??? That's one thing I didn't like about the big-screen iteration of the Dinobots. . .And if they do talk, as much as I love G1, please don't have them talking like that in the movie. I think the FOC and WFC games handled this better.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I was under the impression that the Dinobots were not the knights; they were the knights' steeds.

9. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

When Prime goes to free the Dinobots, he says "Recognize one of your Knights". When Prime is giving him that speech after he has freed them he calls them "legendary warriors". The Dinobots are not Knights, they are Warriors who serve the Knights.

10. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I...just want a reboot. I get why they're continuing on this train, but man, it would be nice to get even a BvS quality movie, let alone a Civil War.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Every single movie Bay has ever done, from The Rock to Transformers to Bad Boys, no matter how flawed, is still better than BvS.

12. Mister Mao

Mister Mao The Bounty Hunter

This is an awful logo, it could be better

13. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

I'm gonna guess a few people have written this, but why the hell does "Optimus"' new face have the mechanical equivalent to a....flesh envelope below his nose??

I mean, I know Bay's a horny pervert, but apparently so are some of the designers...

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  14. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    It was overly convoluted, changed characters in ways that frustrate fanboys, chose action over story....just like a Bay movie. That said, there wasn't anything offensive in it, it didn't objectify women just because, and the action was clear. I don't want to start something, so will be pop out of this thread now.

15. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy Decepticon. I'm no hero

News Credits:
    Why does everyone assume Optimus and Nemesis are going to be one and the same? Just because the picture features half of each of their faces doesn't mean they are the same character. I've seen many split screen pics with half the face of two different characters.

16. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Depends on what you mean "done." I'd argue Pearl Harbor was worse than BvS if we're sticking solely to directing (he's only directed like 12 films). If we're including Producer, then no contest. :lol 

BTW, I find it interesting that the movies I consider his best (Bad Boys I & II, The Rock) didn't have him as the producer as well. So maybe what we need isn't replacing Bay as director, but someone besides him as producer.

17. griffn29

griffn29 Well-Known Member

I don't remember Optimus having purple eyes. where did those come from?

18. griffn29

griffn29 Well-Known Member

I'll admit, it's a good design. I tried to edit Optimus' to make it look scarier, but he still looks heroic somehow.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Anyone else getting a Sentinel-ish vibe the more you look at it? I wonder if theyll try to show Optimus getting old.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Oh yes that's right.

Like whatever did happen to his family, is he still married, divorced, in witness protection...etc....etc.