Transformers 5: The Last Knight Confirmed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by fallen_revenge, May 16, 2016.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Why would they?, these movies makes tons of money in both merchandise and Box Office.

2. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    because even a broken clock is right twice a day....i may not agree with what you say here but why deny myself of something you may say in the future that's a good point?

didn't you JUST tell an anti IDW fan to lay off?

so it's okay for you to tell him to take a hike but i can't tell movie haters to lay off after 9 years of the same complaints?

right....because prime, bumblebee, sentinel, and lockdown had noooo character....

again...everything but the movie gets a pass. intended audience or not....stupid is kinda universal...the movies are stupid because it's pg13 but nurid can't be stupid because it's made for kids? great argument...

but your'e treating it like it's free of criticism by saying "it's made for kids"

so?

your'e just making another excuse.

do you know how often many undeserving movies do the same thing?

how is that line from ghostbusters against the tone of the film? venkman is a smart ass...that's totally in character to a supernatural comedy. that is a flawed argument. your'e introduced to venkman lying to a girl about having esp to sleep with her. taking a dig at peck is against that? come on...

the hell does that have to do with anything?

never said that...

tell you what....i'll stop getting on people that have bitched and complained since 2007....posting 10 times in a thread about the movie about how much they hate it even though we got it after the first post...and stop entertaining the derailment if you guys would give it a rest and stop being so dramatic acting like these movies give you cancer.

i love how it's people like me that defend something i enjoy...something i'm tired of listening to people just bash constantly WHILE YOU ALL GO AND SEE IT EVERY TIME A NEW ONE COMES OUT mind you...that are the bad guys in this situation yet you all just dismiss someone constantly posting all the hate every couple of pages. you're all so dismissive and passive when it comes to someone taking a shit on it but if i don't feel like listening to autobot burnout's 10th time of saying "this is terrible" then ooooooo i'm the badguy here.

"hey maybe you should understand people DON'T like the movies"

oh believe me....we allllll get that people don't like the movies..maybe after 9 years YOU should understand people do like them and it's obviously enough people to warrant 5 movies and the start of a brand wide cinematic universe. you tell me to just stop replying and carrying on...well practice what you preach. you see a movie thread? instead of getting that bug to go in and make a bay is a terrible director crack how about YOU be the one to ignore it and leave it be?

try that out for a change and then see how often the threads derail...

3. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've seen every tf movie in the theatre and I own most of them on bluray. Not because I like them but because they're transformers. I think I'm done though. They started off bad and they've gotten worse with each new one. It doesn't matter if they've got the transformers name and Peter Cullen's voice: as long as they've got Michael Bay, I'm out. Not even going to bother to redbox this one.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    That's what you are doing by telling people who express negative opinions of the film to get out of this thread.
    I told a guy who has been constantly ranting against the comics for legitimately no reason for three years to stop finding an excuse to complain about it in a movie thread in the absolute second somebody mentions a possible connection.

IDW has nothing to do with this, so he had no reason to go off on that tangent. And yet he did anyway.

Who gives a damn about the poster boys who have mountains of plot armor? As for the other two, sentinel was actually good...but he's dead so they can't USE him anymore, and Lockdown was bland where he wasn't simply a cut-and-paste of the Animated guy. Oh, and he's dead too so that's more wasted characterization.

Had either of them SURVIVED a film then maybe I'd be singing a different tune.

Prove it, then. A lot of people do not like nuRID, it's easy to find negative opinions about it in the Prime forum. And yet you say it gets an easy pass all the same...why?

That particuar example was a case of it being inherently a children's show, so it is allowed some leeway. That does not make it excusable from 100% of all its flaws like Windblade obviously being shoehorned into it because Hasbro is pushing that character far too hard.

Yeah, nice try, but the point is you were trying to excuse the films for not being the best they can be on account of not going for best picture...and in reality Paramount legit tried to push it as such so that cancels that entire argument. If I hadn't, I don't doubt you'd still be treating it as a serious point.

It's the only sexual induendo in the whole film.

Your exact words were that the scrotum joke was excusable on account of fighting robots. Except the robot with the ballsack never actually fought. So it is at odds with your argument.
    But then why should the cartoon's simplicty be excused for humor in the films that are of a nature that kids shouldn't be exposed to?

That is a bargain you know can never be kept, because people will argue until the end of time against the films, so you'll just act like that gives you an excuse to continue these tyades in trying to backseat mod threads.

It's never going to stop, but by painting all negative opinions as people claiming the films are cancer inducing and shit, you are merely being hypocritical by doing the same thing to them that they are doing to the films.

Welcome to the internet.

Hmmm, let me tweak a few words in this...

Seriously, conflicts are two way streets. You are as much a part of the problem as those you deride.

5. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I'm actually into the title of the film but I hope (I bet) it's not the final logo.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  6. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    okay look i'm not gonna keep this going with you any longer. i'll do my part and stop...maybe you can try as well? however i do have to make mention of this wild accusation of yours that the "this man has no dick" line is the only case of innuendo (which it barely is) as it regards to ghostbusters....

did you happen to miss the ghost blowjob dream?

and the keymaster/gatekeeper thing?

doesn't venkman call him 'pecker' at one point?

you sure it's the only thing? toooootally agaisnt the tone of the movie right?

7. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I for one am still pumped for this movie.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
  9. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think people get the urge to post negatively about the movies because we deserve better.

We see marvel and Star Wars both get some great movies, even DC had the Nolan batman movies. Why can't we get a quality movie?.. That's why it triggers people to complain. The source material has so much potential, but it's been wasted for explosions and dirty jokes.

10. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    .....You want the Transformers franchise to die....and you are on a Transformers forum? o_O 

i think the word you are looking for is "series".

11. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Thank you, I'm glad to see we can come to an agreement on that :) 

And yeah, I don't recall that dream (been a few years since I last saw it), but you have a point with the keymaster/gatekeeper, so I'll concede that point.

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I think the movies and the source material's potential line up pretty well, actually.

And I think THAT is what triggers people to complain. Being forced to face up to that.

13. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I disagree. While TF is not the greatest thing ever its got potential. I think most of us just want a fun romp like Guardians of the galaxy.

But they are 10 years into this I dont see that ever happening unless its going to be a straight to Netflix deal.

14. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmmmm The Last Knight, eh? And the logo has some generic looking medieval sword in it. I dunno - not screaming Transformers to me. I only know G1 - did any other iteration of Transformers over the years have all this knight crap in it?

Dont get me wrong - knights are cool and all, just not what I think of when I think of Transformers. Wonder if they'll follow the trend of previous movies and have even less sign of alt modes in the robots? Maybe they wont even transform - just a big robot medieval knights and swords movie! Maybe there'll be a Merlin character :) .

Ah well I suppose it'll be fun anyway.

15. Newholl

Newholl Banned

Precisely that.

16. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    The only examples I can really think of are the Knights of Cybertron plot from the comics and, in a specific example, the secondary theme behind Animated Sentinel Prime (primary being he's obviously first and foremost paying homage to The Tick in colors, personality, and having the biggest chin in a series known for all the robots having giant chins) as his faceplate looks like the visor of a stereotypical knight helmet and his weapons of choice are a lance and a spiked shield.

I hope the designs go back to more traditional, vehicle-mass-formed bodies instead of this impossibly stylized garbage AoE forced in.

17. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As someone who has been on the periphery of the comic book world for years, I don't think that the TF movies have been treated as well as the Marvel universe. I mean, Ant-Man? Rocky Racoon? The original books are just goofy as sin, but the movies actually decided to not treat the properties like trash and they ended up with some pretty good films. I wish that we could have films of such quality being made for TF.

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Thread purged once again.

Stay on target, please. Off-topic discussion, and especially insults will not be tolerated.

19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Guardians, I will give you. I loved that movie, and it was head and shoulders above the TF movies in terms of character and direction. But it was also head and shoulders above 95% of the other Marvel movies, as well. So that's neither here nor there.

Ant-Man, I guess we will disagree about the original comic character being goofy, and we will disagree about the movie being anything special. In terms of human story, Ant-Man was as shallow and formulaic as anything in Bay's movies, if not worse. Other than the Thomas the Train gag, there was nothing memorable about the movie whatsoever.

I enjoy all 4 TF films, and get in the mood to rewatch them maybe a couple times a year. The only Marvel Studios movies I've seen more than one time are Iron Man 1, Avengers (a mistake), and Thor 1 (eh). Winter Soldier and Guardians, I would happily watch again, although I'm in no great rush. But there are a ton of Marvel Studios movies that you could not pay me to watch again, Ant-Man being one of them. I mean, I guess I could be paid to watch it again, theoretically, but you wouldn't be able to afford it.

And here's another thing. As someone who has been a Marvel reader since the early 1970s (including buying Marvel's Transformers comics off the stands from issue #1), I am here to tell you that the Marvel movies are not really all that much more authentic than Bay's TF movies. It's a complete fallacy that they are. Equal liberties are taken with each, and the Bay movies are a lot closer to the original mythology than they get credit for. They hit all the major points, the war is depicted well, and the character relations are right. They take elements and plot points right out of the Sunbow cartoon and Marvel comics, which seems to go right over a lot of complainers' heads. And people have a problem with Bay's Optimus being more violent? At least Optimus was always a soldier in a war! How does that compare to Marvel Studios changing Hank Pym into a government-sanctioned assassin? That is a billion times worse, and only one example out of dozens.

I will give you that the Marvel movies handle humor better. That is undeniable, and it's not even close.

20. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Last Knight! I like it.