Transformers 5 now in Pre-Production!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by fallen_revenge, Feb 13, 2015.

1. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    What? Already?! Geezus.

2. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So was li bing Bing for me. I'm happy with keeping the irish man to represent

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that was quick

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Looking forwards to the hype build. The rumors, the speculation, eventual set pics, and trickles of info. It's always so fun. Sometimes more fun than the movies themselves.

It took a long time for AOE to grow on me, and after disliking DOTM, and kinda disliking ROTF, I'm still thinking I'll skip the theatrical release of TF5, and wait for the DVD. That said, I remain optimistic that this will continue, and maybe build upon the quality of AOE. Maybe like ROTF brought in an ongoing age of shit Decepticons, TF5 can bring in a new age of awesome ones. That hope is why the AOE 'Cons are in my sig.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Often times what we imagine the films might do is way cooler than what the films actually pull off. When they were pushing Devastator hard in the trailers fans imagined what sort of epic fight it was going to be for the Autobots to stop a combiner. Then people watched the film and it was epic disappointment to see the human use a rail gun that pretty much came out of nowhere and just happened to be in a place with a clear shot after Soundwave conveniently didn't take out the human's GPS so that the humans could kill the biggest thing we'd seen in the films with just one shot.

Still can't bring myself to see Age of Extinction because I keep hearing that there is almost no Dinobots to the film after the trailers and TV ads were pushing the Dinobots so hard.

I'm sure if the trend continues the trailers for Transformers 5 will contain something that look insanely cool but the actual results in a very long film will be "that's it?".

6. soundwaverulls

Yeah, I'd already heard about how little of the "Dinobots" we get in AOE before seeing it, but the film still managed to surprise me with how little they were used. While it is shitty of them to heavily advertise things that end up barely being in the film, but now that this is something well established, it should be easy to anticipate in future films. It's always what will use up the most CGI. First Devastator, then the Driller, and then the Dinobots.

7. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Battle Blade

Well, this means more movie toys, and I do love me some movie toys. I'll probably see it just because it's Transformers, the action sequences are usually fun to watch, and to see which characters will have personalities, and which ones are actually enjoyable characters.

8. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Good idea!! Just inspired my dream team human cast.....tucci and Wahlberg do all the inventing scientific stuff.....dunno about Romeo and Juliet theyll just hang about helping out......but wait for it!......after the events of AOE.....the Chinese government attach a squad of their. Own. Special forces to hunt down galvatron and his remaining minions......lead by jackie Chan and jet li......that would add some kick ass scenes especially if the military now equips its top fighting personnel with cod style exo suits!! Kind of also pays homage to the human transforming suit from G1 too but with a modern more appropriate take on it!!

9. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek = sOGREat! Veteran

It could be 2016 depending on when during 2016 they would release it. I never said it definitively will be. Also, Wahlberg said he thought they would start filming sooner rather than later, although that doesn't indicate when exactly. We don't know when exactly.

I won't believe a year until I hear the release date. We can rule out 2015 definitively, but that's as far as I'd go.
    I never expected the Dinobots to be on screen that much simply because of their size and the amount of CGI it takes to create and animate them, so I had no problem with the Dinobots' screen time. Look on the bright side, though; they're still alive, so they can use them more in TF 5.

Besides, just about all movies show off big action money shots heavy with CGI in their advertising as opposed to slower paced parts of their films. It's no different from DOFP ads showing Magneto lifting the stadium or truthfully any super hero or disaster movie. Of course those scenes aren't going to be the whole movie.

10. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I'd like it to return to the quality of the first film. As in, most if not all the humans have SOMETHING to do during the final battle. And yes, that includes female characters. However, I do want more of the TF interaction we got in AOE.

11. soundwaverulls

The difference between that, and the Dinobots is that the Dinobots are actually characters. It would be like if DOFP ads showed Magneto lifting the stadium, then Magneto was in the film for only five minutes.

12. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek = sOGREat! Veteran

Indeed they are, but Magneto isn't a 150 foot long CGI character either, nor is any other human character. The Dinobots are four gigantic CGI creations that are always going to be much more limited in screen time than the regular-sized Transformers. Now at least that their CGI models are created, we can hope they'll appear for more of the next one.

Also, since AOE was made with sequels in mind, I'd rather the Dinobots get a little warm up in AOE rather than going all out in the first movie they appear in. I want their peak to be in future films.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Man why do we fall in to this cycle every time?

14. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Because even if we were talking about Transformers 26, and the last 23 movies had been complete trash. There is always that glimmer of hope that the new one might be better then the others. The hope is always there. Even after a brutal dissapointment.

15. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's get this started! Bring on ultra Magnus! And bring back sideswipe!

16. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus!Alright bring it!

17. soundwaverulls

What Cycle? What am I falling for? Hoping for the film to be good? But I liked the last one, why shouldn't I like the next one? I said it took a while for AOE to grow on me, I didn't say I hated it. Heck, I even said I'm hoping they can keep up that level of quality!

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If they continue the trend of releasing the films around the 4th of July in the United States then we can get some idea of the year just by seeing what years have an open slot for that weekend. Studios like to maximize their openings so if something huge already has July 4th 2016 then odds are Transformers 5 would be July 4th 2017.

Completely agree that July 2015 would be totally impossible to do because not only filming but they would have already needed to have ran teasers or full trailers by now for a July 2015 release.

19. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Plot twist: We find out in T5 that who we thought was Sideswipe, was actually Tracks. After sabotaging Sunstreaker's supply of high end wax in a fit of narcissistic jealousy, Tracks receives Prime's call to all Bots to come to Earth. Deciding he'd be safer with Prime instead of within the vicinity of a rampaging Sunstreaker, he heads to Earth. Knowing Sideswipe's two favorite prank targets are also on Earth (Hide and Ratchet) and knowing Sideswipe plans on visiting them at a later date, he decides to prank the prankster. He takes on Swipe's image, intent on pissing off Hide and Ratchet by being as obnoxious as possible. Then, when Swipe does eventually show up, Tracks will revert back to his own form and watch the fireworks between the two pissed off mechs and one very clueless silver Twin.

Things go according to his plan, until Sentinel almost wipes out Chicago. With humans on the rampage and literally out for their heads, Tracks goes back to his own form and hightails it into the deepest cave he can find, somewhere in the Amazon, where any and all signals cannot be detected. While he's hiding for his life, his arch nemesis, the Twins, are safely exploring an uninhabited planet a few galaxies away. Ultra Magnus' team discovered a young planet whose atmosphere is perfect to support Cybertronian life. The galaxy in which the planet is in, is undetected by the Creators and other undesirables, making it both quiet and safe. Little do they know about the tragedy that has befallen their fellow Bots on Earth. The last report they had received was from a newly arrived Jolt, Roadbuster, Topspin and Chromia. They had brought Jazz's frame and last known Allspark shard back to Magnus' ship, where Perceptor successfully repaired and revived Jazz, using the Allspark's energy. The last Earth report was that the remaining Bots were helping the humans rebuild their shattered city. They would soon learn the sparkbreaking news of fallen and missing bretheren, and the Bots left behind on Earth.

Okay, so this is soley a script in my overactive imagination, but damnit, it makes AOE a hell of alot more tolerable for me.:D ;) 

20. spikebuster

spikebuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doesn't filming usually start in May?