Transformers #49 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Master Fwiffo, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Reask

Reask Predacon

As much as I love IDW Galvatron over all of the other versions, I am cheering for Optimus to kill him, it would be a fitting end, to lose the War against the Primes against someone who is definitely a reincarnation of The Arisen. The death of Galvatron might change Prime's character completely too from peace keeper to tyrant, even if Galvatron is evil and should be killed, it will still change Prime.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Damn that was a good issue.

Sideswipe...oh no. ;_;

Bring on All Hail Optimus.

don't forget Ravage on the Lost Light with Megatron.

3. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    i'm sorry but if tracks's death didn't last there's no way in hell sideswipe is really dead...brawl talks a tough game but he aims like a stormtrooper....

and holy shit that ending page! wow...this issue was awesome cover to cover. so intense...a feeling of a things really going down throughout. man i can't wait for next month!

4. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Tracks got off a lot easier than Sideswipe. Sideswipe was practically reduced to a skeleton before Brawl shot him point-blank in the head.

5. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    They used a backup of iron hide.

6. optimusmegas

Ebay:
    wheeljack had no head and he's still around....sideswipe is fine

7. Almagnus1

Almagnus1 Active Member

More like his face got melted off.....

And as we've seen with Swerve, faces can be replaced.

8. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    pulled out of his ass, as the phrase goes.

9. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I haven't been enjoying this series so much lately. It's not been bad, just hasn't quite grabbed me as much as it did in the early issues- but this issue was outstanding. A really great read.

There was much less Windblade and Starscream which helped a lot.

Fantastic stuff, more like this please

10. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    It was a good transition issue... but not a great issue when considering the entirety of the arc.

IMO, the strongest nRID issues of the past year have been those with focus on only a couple of characters or plotlines (#43 and #44), and unfortunately this issue had to cram a lot in to get us to #50.

This one felt a bit more like one of the books out of the CW arc. A bit too much going on to get a deeper satisfaction out of it. That said the action was more enjoyable, and the violence was well teased panel to panel.

I imagine the issue would have benefitted from a few extra pages. But until print dies, page counts remain static.

11. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    I'm kinda surprised people are surprised by Brawl's combat skills...

The dude's name is Brawl, y'all! :lol 

Really enjoyed this issue! Lots of briefness, but it was a pretty decent wrap-up for what was intended to be wrapped up.

12. Reask

Reask Predacon

We've had a crazy time with fake deaths recently. Anyone remember how traumatic the death of Cyclonus was? Nah, he's fine.

13. optimusmegas

Ebay:
    Lol right? Near the end of issue 50 we'll see sideswipe just hanging out petting bob like he was never shot. "What an amazing recover swipe!" "Thank primus hot shot showed up with that delicious jAam!"

14. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    I can not get enough of this art but man did I enjoy this comic story and art. Though I wish there was a lil more drawing out with Tracks.

15. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    While I can get that Cyclonus survived. Sideswipe looked utterly destroyed.

16. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Arcee and Sideswipe been fighting for, what, 3 issues straight? Sideswipe was almost out of ammo two issues ago, *before* the Decepticons showed up, just from the ship defenses.

So, even the dynamic duo have limits, and Brawl's a strong B-lister with a ton of raw power.

She was first hit two issues ago. So, accumulated damage, plus Brawl's a literal tank. One on one he'd never touch her, but he can lay the hurt in a situation like this where she's hurt and taking down three other 'cons.

Oooh, I can play that game. Aside from the fight... Soundwave's stuff drew my interest. Skywarp taking them to *China* and that being the ship crash site did*. And of course, Victorion! Victorion's a badass....

*I mean, this is where Skywarp personally bombed back in AHM. This is a callback likely to have impact. Barber didn't do that by chance, it'll make the politics all the more interesting.

Yep! Lots of awesome :) 

17. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I'm as big a Skywarp fan as they come, but if Thundercracker is really joining the fight, I hope our favourite burgeoning screenwriter beats the crap out of his former wingman for shooting him in the face at the end of AHM. :D 

18. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This felt very rushed in an effort to place everybody where there needed to be without giving things room to breathe.

I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but everything careered by at a breakneck pace. Maybe this was the (flash)point? Now, I can get behind that long term, but today I kind of fell out with the issue over it after the building potential this arc had. That's probably my biggest issue with this book full stop. It always seems to have its eye on the last page reveal at the expense of the overall story.

Some really good art. Very expressive characters. Brutal in parts. Nicely done.

Hoping to see Soundwave pick himself up, dust himself down and raise Hell now. Considering he can actually read people he properly fucked up here, eh? That's what skim reading will do to you.

19. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

He's always had some huge blindspots despite his senses. His reading of Megatron being an example. I think he can tell if someone is telling the truth, but not what they leave out.

And... I do wonder what will he do next. Continue trying the commune, even though Earth is now Prime territory? He does have some loyalists still.

20. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    It was said in the first AHO interview that he'll be one of those opposing Optimus... I can see him still offering Sanctuary Station as a safe haven to anyone trying to get out from under Prime's rule. Maybe he, Cosmos, Sky-Byte, and the others will form their own little group against both Optimus and Galvatron? (although I might be biased because I love those three characters and would like to see them work together, haha)