Transformers 4 Will Happen with or Without Michael Bay?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by rich_prime, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I think their best shot is getting someone up and coming. Someone with promise and a lot of energy looking to make a name for themselves. Anyone with a solid established reputation, forget about it. James Cameron, Peter Jackson, etc, I'd be very surprised if they'd want to touch it. They certainly wouldn't want to pick up where Bay left off.

Honestly, it does get worse than Michael Bay. But it doesn't get all that much worse. There's a lot of average popcorn movies out there that aren't good, but aren't as horrible as ROTF. A lot of people can do what he can do.

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea everyone is talking about the big name established directors like they are the only people in the entire world who can make an interesting and entertaining film.

Honestly sometimes I've been more impressed by a new director doing the unexpected than I am by some of the old pros doing the same old stuff I've seen them do before. Duncan Jones did a great job on Moon with a tiny budget and old school special effects. I'd never heard of Neill Blomkamp before District 9 and it was a film I was happier with than the mega blockbusters.

Plus directors who don't seem to have it in them can really pull on out of nowhere some times. After Frightners people thought that was it Peter Jackson was done for as a director, yet he had the crazy vision to make an epic Lord of the Ring series.

3. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

i had an idea for an ending for dotm, and a 6th transformers movie, at the end of DOTM Optimus sacrfices himself and dies, and if the ferrari is Hot Rod, then he becomes Rodimus Prime, for Transformers 4 and 5, then Optimus comes back to life at the end of 6 and has long lasting peace on Cybertron, a la The Transformers

4. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    J.J. Abrams please.

5. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

Uwe Boll, if your saying he isn't much worse then Bay you need your head examined, Remember he said he wanted to direct the transformers movies. IF bay leaves for good (he could take a hiatus), then Zack Snyder, if you have seen AND read Watchmen and 300 he is your man for sticking to the source material and adapting for practicality (i.e the squid in watchman being turned into Dr. Manhattan bombs).

6. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, more shaking cameras!!!

7. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Cute. But Cloverfield was meant to be a 'found tape' kind of movie. You can't complain about that, it's like complaining about ROTF for having giant robots fighting. Cloverfield was just awesome. Only idiots complained about the handheld camera.

Plus, Star Trek was amazing IMO.

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Your Mileage May Vary, I thought it was pretty lacking.

The First movie was pretty awesome, and pretty unique too, good dialogue, good action scenes, good characterisations and further adds to the Transformers Mythology.

The Second Movie was fun [though it had SEVERE problems, I admit] to me, but as Bay explained: the movie was made without a freaking script, try to do a movie wtihout its freaking script and see how well that will work out.

Why do people never remember about this little detail? Neither remember how good [or at least interesting] was the first movie?

9. Hiraga

News Credits:
    ROTF was awful. It has it's moments sure, but nothing that could save the movie. I liked it a lot at first, but now if I watch it I just watch the three main parts I like, then I'm done.
    And how does the fact that it was made without a script help it at all? If anything that just makes it worse, and explains why it was so messy.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  10. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that for a Transformers 4 or reboot, they won’t get another big Hollywood director. They’ll probably end up going for a lesser known director, probably quite young, so Paramount and Hasbro can control him more easily. Obviously, with Bay, that hasn't been an option.

11. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why does everyone have to throw the 'reboot' term around whenever they want to make another sequel?

In all examples it's a useless move. We know the story of Hulk, Superman, Spiderman, Transformers, etc. What's the point of wasting a whole movie just to start over again? A fourth movie should just be a fourth movie.

"rebooting" a franchise is such an overused term, and a crutch for lack of good ideas.

12. Overlord Balder

I was trying to justify why it was bad [not saying why is better] and why it can't be seen as a "standard" Michael Bay Movie.

Also, just to remember: The Movie lacked a script due the Writers strike.

13. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We won't actually know till they decide to make with or without MBay. But here's my take.

With MBay.
    - Same old stuff.
    - Blowing things, blurry, close to your face action
    - MTV, cliche moments
    - not so good story
    - additional characters, Prime (autobots) will be more heroic than DOTM (advertising)
    - Bumblebee is still mute

Witout MBay

- We will probably get re designed transformers (new toys!!! again?)
    - Prime won't probably have flames
    - Who knows new director might stay true to the original
    - Better story, casts, more robots than humans (we'll... hoping)
    - Hopefully they get Megatron right this time (cast Welker as Megatron)
    - Bumblebee to finally speak

For Hasbro
    - Make better toys and not shrink the size of deluxe, Voyager, LC.
    - More paint apps for Hasbro toys, less or no loose joints
    - Give that big bumblebee toy a right hand

14. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Okay, it didn't lack a script. It lacked a GOOD script. Although some of the dialogue in the movie would make you think that it was horribly improvised. But to think that the movie still got made without any script is just stupid.

Point is, ROTF was rushed and messy. From the looks of it, they've taken more time preparing for DOTM, but we won't know of course until we see the movie.

15. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    That episode of 'WTF@TFW' is still ringing in my ears...."BRETT RATNER BITCHES!" *shudders at thought*

16. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    These two things have nothing to do with the movies though, that's simple economics. We could have a 100% G1 Movie directed by Steven Spielberg made with unlimited funds, and the toys would stay the same as they are now. As long as the cost of labor and oil (to make plastic out of) keep going up, quality will go down and prices will go up.

17. Overlord Balder

Don't look at me, Michael Bay was the one to say that [If I'm not mistaken, is the opening quote of the TFWiki page for "Revenge of the Fallen"], and I'll trust his word.

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'm all for a part 4 and even a 5th, but ONLY if it means 2 things;

1. Make the story different, the old "boy and his car" is old, something more bold this time. No Sam and parents.
    2. More about the robots, like, more time invested into personalities, ties or whatever, and obviously the CGI will be heavy.

Also, I'd like Bay to stay so I don't know who else could fit the bill.

19. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    ONE MAN, ALONE, DEFENDING THE MOVIE SERIES HE LOVES!

yep, i would approve of that

20. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

that is awesome news even if we don't know if mr.bay is coming back. there will be a tf4. if DOTM does great which i will i just have a great feeling it will. maybe mr.bay will change his mind.