Transformers 4 Will Happen with or Without Michael Bay?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by rich_prime, Feb 23, 2011.

1. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I disagree. It just looked like another Hulk movie to me. New actors, new villain, updated visuals, that's it. Nothing to write home about.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Regardless of how good DOTM is...I can't wait for the movies to be done for at least 5+ years.

I'm a movieverse fan as well.

3. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Ok..

Then what about Batman Begins and The Dark Knight vs the first four movies that came out before them. The same could be said about them as well. Except for the writers and director, who breathed new life into the franchise.

4. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Regardless of what he says about 4, what he had to say about DOTM has me really excited

5. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Let's just see how DOTM turns out. If it's good, it may just wet our appetites for a 4th installment. Surely they can only improve with more movies right? Since they're learning lessons from each one.

6. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love how fans think they have control over what they're fans of, when in actuality they don't.

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'd like a fourth Transformers movie, sure, but not as a continuiation of the current trilogy. A simple, G1 inspired movie with aesthetics similar to Don's style in the ongoing would certainly be interesting, and could probably fit into the G1 continuity without really messing anything up.

8. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Yes, a 4th is the way to go, we already have the universe stablished, and in 4 or 5 years Bay could make a fresh return to the franchise.

To all the people saying that it should be rebooted it would take a considerable amount of time to make a succesful reboot, about more than 10 years is the general Hollywood rule.

9. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they continue - plot out a rough second trilogy ahead of time.

As for Bay's return - I can't see it happening w/o him having 1-2 movies in between, or sooner with him only as an EP. Which wouldn't be necessarily the same feel of movie.

Either way, if they don't redeem the franchise w/ DOTM, let it go or reboot w/ someone else's vision. I'm not sure someone else can crap it up worse than Bay did w/ ROTF.

10. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I think what this is really about is that Hasbro want to do 4 sooner than Bay does.

11. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky beepboopbop

Im pretty sure Dotm is the last one because hes stated atleast a hundred times that Dotm is his last movie

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Give 20 different Hollywood production teams the same basic story and you'd get 20 very different films. Just look at how varied the Batman films have been even though the basic plot is Bruce Wane's parents get killed, he gets lots of gadgets, a cool car, a cool costume and then he beats the crap out of costumed bad guys doing bad things in Gotham City.

So I'd like to see a production team get the films where the Decepticons were important characters and not just something to kill off. A production team that could handle a better balance of the film's focus so humans would still be important to the story but the robots would feel like the stars of the film. A film that would never have something like Skids and Mudflap. A design team that could mix in more of the old design elements while still keeping the designs feeling new like War for Cybertron did.

The movies are fine if all you are looking for is bang, boom, the adventures of Sam with a side order of robots. But some of us want something a little more epic in scope than the rather generic summer action films the movies have been so far.

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That movie was boring.

14. MegaP12im3

MegaP12im3 Member

Bay's super creativity gone for TF4 (balls on devastator, twins and wheelie really?)

well if you ask me. the writers, the actors,and the casting crew are the one s that make a movie worth while ..whats the job of the director.. direct the actors infront of the camera and the environmet. why is it that michael bay get the credit for making transformers a success... it is the way it is cuz of us the fans... and the new protoform fans(new fans) that all they know about transformers is the movie version...the whole concept of robots turning into vehicles or weapons...its unreal.. and everybody likes that...girls like bumbleebe...but y is not cuz of bay is the way the writers wrote his character and the design team that make him...transformers 4 or a remake bring it on..it might actually be better than...ROTF...right?

15. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Please reboot.... Get a good start.... PLEASE..... I BEG OF YOUR HASBRO.... =(

16. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

I want a new director who can use the same visual style as Bay, but can actually tell a story. Someone who can get rid of the adolescent humor, and the plot holes, and the Victoria's Secret model "actresses" and still make the movie watchable.

17. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This is my feeling too. It's a good way to distance themselves from the existing movies, but not turn away the new fans that came in during the last few years. Get new writers, a new director, and even change up some of the CGI models, but lets not start back at the beginning again.

18. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True, but this doesn't mean another director is not going to come in and take his place.

19. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    4th movie or reboot doesn't matter. Toys will be made, fan boys will be glad/angry and money will keep coming in for the company regardless which director will be attached.

It's like what I said with the first movie, whether they went with the designs they have now in the movie verse or a completely different design, the franchise sells... Well!

I'd rather have a reboot. New continuity, new designs, new story. Something that has nothing to do with the current movie verse. it's played it's part and lets be done with it.

20. Astrotrain85

Astrotrain85 Watching and waiting.

Despite the fact of there`ll be a fourth movie, a reboot a new trilogy or who will direct it, one thing is fact: we will complain about it.:ev: