Transformers 4- Hasbro CEO teases announcement

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Janeails22x, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Dr.Arkeville

Dr.Arkeville Mad Scientist

This needs to not happen, the last thing we need is yet another movie in this atrocious series where we can be introduced to yet more worthless human characters spouting embarassing humor at every chance. The first movie was the only one to even attempt to take the franchise seriously and do it any respect and even that was passable at best. Im sick of the toys clogging the shelves with their uninspired, over complicated for no reason designs that no one in 10 years will care about.

Its time to move on to bigger and hopefully better things, time for a fresh take. I dont care which camp you are in, something fresh has to be welcome after all these years.

2. mogel94

mogel94 Well-Known Member

Just so long as Mikey Bay isn't directing. Who knows, maybe ol' Speilberg himself might have a go..... he doesn't have anything going on after Roboapocalpyse in 2013..........

Also 100% this

3. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Agreed here..

4. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    to late guys... TFs 4 is coming and while they say its being talked about, its already in the works. Bugets are being worked out, early concept is being done, and scouting is being done for new key actors.

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Bay said that DOTM was not only his last tf movie, but it woudl be also the final Movie in the continuty. thats why we thought dotm was the end

6. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is most probably highly likely. I just hope Bay isn't directing.

7. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

Hooray! This is a good day; first I find out about Fall Of Cybertron, now I hear about a possible TF4! Now, give us the Seekers!

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Wut?

9. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sooo...though I think any "we do it for the fans" statement is usually full of crap (I watch a lot of sports)...I wasn't aware all fans were united in their loathing of the previous films, be they the long-time fans, casual fans, and kids, and that we as a united front have no interest in a fourth film in the current movieverse. Because we're all so united on our opinion on this front. Good to know.

Yes, they want to make money. They can also do things that appeal to kids and long-time and casual fans...it's just whether they're able to do it better and whether the current creative team has earned any faith from the fanbase that they're capable of doing it better.

Seriously???

Unless TF4 and toys hits theatres and toy aisles before, say, December, I'm pretty sure that's not happening.

Heheh.

I agree that Bay's helped get these off the ground and keep Transformers in the public spotlight, but considering his use of "Transformers head geeks" (I forget if it was "head geeks" or "head nerds" or however he termed Transformer fans with extensive knowledge of the franchise in one of the extras on the first DVD) and an inability to use nostalgia to the film's benefit (at least, after the first one) instead of just cramming some G1 references into it here and there, I'm not sure he "cares" about the franchise as much as he cares about its ability to maintain his status as a big name director. He seems to care more about keeping the film under budget than taking creative risks or leaps with Transformers.

Keep in mind, this isn't a subtle way to complain about Prime's portrayal or whether Ironhide is red or not, but saying he cares gives him a little too much credit. I think he saw the potential for this franchise to make an epic action film/series that others didn't because of its '80s lineage, but I wouldn't go farther than that.

What these last two gentlemen said.

10. Andratron

Andratron Andurz

`sigh` despite how much I do love the movie verse (mostly for the designs), I am quite ready for a pause. It`s just like Bay said, Dark of the Moon ended with a bang, and would have let the movie trilogy end on more or less a high point. I strongly believe that they should leave the movie verse alone for a while, spend some time and money really delving into the Transformers Prime universe, because its SO good and has SO much potential. And once that`s had a couple of years in the spot light, and atracted a whole new fan base they should anounce a full out reboot movie series, and invest some of the huge amounts of money made from the old movies, and eventually Prime, into making it really great. Plus I already have a script written for the first reboot movie and a full story arc for three more movies that would follow it.

Honestly, I really hate it when the take a series of movies that already had their big climax movie that was supposed to end the franchise, and then just randomly throw together another one..cough cough Pirates of the caribbean...cough cough.

11. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Bay said that, but we never heard it from Hasbro or Paramount, so this doesn't surprise me at all. I knew there would be at least one more.

12. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sure im up for this. if they make the story good and the characters interesting sure, ok.
    Heck im all for them bring all the dead characters back after their pitiful deaths in dotm if it means we get to see them more. and none of this stupid unicron crap preferably something more original than just the cartoon movie again.

13. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    nooooooooooooo :( 

(again i love and i still love the movieverse, but i truly wanted DOTM to be the end of the franchise)

14. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    no... Bay said it was his last movie and the last of the trilogy, not the continuity. And he said if they made another, he hoped they would reboot it.

15. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    all i care is if they make a next movie we only get 1 deluxe bb AND ONLY ONE

16. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just because Bay is in talks does not necessarily mean he will be involved. Of course he's Hasbros first choice since he's worked with them over the past so many years.

It's quite possible they will have these talks with him but end up being producer but handing directing duties to someone else, or even dumping him all together to go for a totally different feel. Bay has stated numerous times he's done with TF for now and I don't see Shia coming back soon either. A reboot in this case makes more sense but with more competent writing and willing actors TF4 would not necessarily be a bad thing. It's been the waste of characters killed that has me worried, but there are some great Deceptipcons to take lead villains roles. Thunderwing, Jhiaxus, Straxus, Overlord.

17. PropagandaWar

PropagandaWar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Take the fight to another planet. That way we can focus more on the bots. Well hopefully. The main character would probably be a teddy bear and not a Tformer.

18. marksmith85

marksmith85 Leader of Petro-rabbits

TBH I think most people would welcome a new movie just if it went in a different direction from the last 3 or even a reboot

I cant see them rebooting the series tbh I think it will be a continuation but really on its own plot line like pirates 4 was.

I accept that without the 3 movies TF would not be as popular with people as they are now and we do need this to help tv networks see a good reason to fund shows like TF Prime.

I really would like a different director this time just to see somebody elses interpretation the story.

19. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    awww, how cute - you're one of them funny lil fellas that think that revenue from transformers toys goes into a seperate pile that is only used for transformers and nothing else, aren't you?

that's just adorable

20. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I'm not sure what a lot of you think is going to happen with another director or direction.