Transformers 4- Hasbro CEO teases announcement

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Janeails22x, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    I'm up for it for sure! I love the movies!

I definitely wouldn't mind them seeking out a fresh director though. Bay seems leary to do another so let him do his own thing. Id love to see somebody else play with the universe and characters they've built thus far

And all you guys whining about too soon, we're realistically like 2-3 years off from the next movie. Plenty of time for y'all to get your fanwank on until then

2. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    Oh great, Hasbro already planning to kill thier Prime toy line before it even launces with more movie crap

3. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Its a matter of fact that the success of the movies is what's financed all subsequent "Classics" lines (Uni 2.0, RTS, Generations, etc.).

4. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Hasbro is the worst thing that ever happened to Transformers.

It's not like the profits from the movie line are fed back into developing non-movie toys or anything.

What?

5. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    I can't read through all of this hate for the movies we've got. :rolleyes: 

That being said, I'm very interested to see what is going to come out of these negotiations. :p 

6. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    i also heard new from tformers.com site that well heres it goesWith Transformers: Dark of the Moon pulling in $1.119 billion in earnings. You can bet your sweet Energon there will be a fourth movie in what will now be moving beyond the Trilogy. According to Hollywood Reporter, Hasbro is already putting pencil to paper planning for the next movie. During Hasbro's third-quarter earnings conference call. Brian Goldner, Hasbro CEO, says the company is in "active discussions" about doing a fourth Transformers movie with Paramount Pictures, director Michael Bay and executive producer Steven Spielberg.
    M.bay is back going to direct and steven spelberg excutive producer! i think it is a green light!

7. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Oh lordy, some of the responses here. :lol 

I'm actually more interested in seeing where the Monopoly, Risk, Clue, and Candyland movies will go. They don't seem to have that much material, and it'd be hard to capture the spirit of the games in movie-form. Pirates of the Caribbean was successful and that was based on a ride, so hopefully board games can also achieve that.

8. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Bring it on. I knew Bay couldn't stay away. I welcome another installment.

9. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just want a new director. Enough with boom bay. We get it, hes efficient and gets the job done, costing them less money really. But I really want some fresh blood to do something different with this.

I think bay has really tapped out everything he can do for transformers, if he does anything else with it, its just going to be a rinse and repeat cycle.

10. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny how this is good news for some, and horrible for others...

Personally, I hope Michael Bay refuses to do it. I suspect he's tired of this franchise. As far as the comments about him wrapping up some of the plot holes... c'mon you can't be serious. The trilogy doesn't make any sense and there are inconsistencies in story/plot everywhere. The movies are supposed to look cool and sell tickets, which they did very well. Considering that some of the same writers are responsible for both ROTF (horrible story) & TF Prime (excellent story), I think it's obvious that Bay's influence hurts the franchise.

However, Paramount & Hasbro pretty much have to make another TF film. I assume investors and shareholders would demand it. A huge profit is pretty much guaranteed. I would compare it to the Pirates franchise, but in this case there is a third party (Hasbro) who stands to make a killing of off this deal. It is definitely in Hasbro's best interest to keep the films going as long as possible. As far as I can see it, the only party who wouldn't want to do this again would be Michael Bay, but they're going to throw so much money at him, he'll have a hard time refusing.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the films. If they make a 4th one, I'll be there opening night. But I just hope that someone else takes over, so I don't have to cringe at the story & dialogue. The world deserves to know that Transformers has a deep history of well-written stories that actually mean something, not just cool-looking robots.

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Wow. The amount of ridiculous responses in this thread. Opinions are being taken over the top.

12. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    I'm up for this just not with Bay as director. May I suggest Shawn Levy as his replacement. Real Steel was really good.

13. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Yup I agree with you here. Bring on TF4 but give it to a new director.. IMO, I think one the best story tellers that would work for TF4 would be "The Dark Knights" Christopher Nolan!!!! Give it to Nolan!! He's packed with story telling and awesome plots! More story plot, less humanoid, and......more great story plot. jaja..

14. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Sure,why not. I just hope there's a new director.

15. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    Woah! I just walked into this thread and was greeted by a hurricane of fan-boy rage!

But anyway, I'd be up for a fourth movie, just as long as Prime isn't cancelled to make way for it. I say do what Pirates of the Caribbean did and wait three or four years before starting production on TF4, allow the bile and hatred to simmer down some more (because at the moment, the movie world is still bitter about Revenge of the bloody Fallen, let alone Dark of the Moon!) and don't rush things.
    But of course Hollywood being Hollywood, they'll set a June 2013 release date, DEMAND that a script is completely finished and done within a week of hiring the writer, and expect filming to start no more than a few days after that.:lol 

And if there absolutely positively 100% has to be a reboot, don't be like Spider-Man and have it out within four or five years after Dark of the Moon, be like Superman and Daredevil and wait a good seven to ten years. And for the love of Primus and The Thirteen, do not copy Nolan's Batman! Chris Nolan's gritty, realistic style works for Batman, but I don't think it would work for everything.

Off topic, a Cluedo movie? Bring it!

16. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    Will I go see it? Probably. Would I prefere a reboot? Most definitely.

I'm sick off bayformers. The overused looks off the characters, the story, the extremely irritating Labouf.
    Time for a new story, new look and new faces(human/bot). Keeping it fresh keeps people coming. Then it wont get old as fast as its getting now.

Bayfatigue....

17. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fully CGI TFP WFC Exodus movie. Done and Done. :) 

18. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

:lolol  @ the Fan-rage

19. Mixmastah

Mixmastah Scientist

News Credits:
    REBOOT PLEASE! its going to be REALLY hard to make the story good :/

20. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Great, so once again the non movie lines would be put on hiatus once movie 4 is made