Transformers 4- Hasbro CEO teases announcement

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Janeails22x, Oct 17, 2011.

1. major revolt

major revolt rogue theory

Theyd be nuts not to do it.

2. marksmith85

marksmith85 Leader of Petro-rabbits

lets hope they hand it over to somebody who can direct and not bay again, got really sick in dark of he moon its just being phoaaahh look at that girl and then phoooaaaaahh look at that explosion,

Need a tf film with a half decent plot but since it will be aimed at kids and toy sales we all know we wont get the film we all want (and deserve)

3. phoenix88

phoenix88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if there is a fourth movie, we clearly need a different decepticon general, and we need something without bay attempting to tell the story.

I know this would never happen, but personally i would love Joss Wheedon to do something with Transformers. A fanboy can dream right?

4. Nemesor

Nemesor Active Member

Can't we have a break from movies for a few years so the space Bayverse stuff takes up on shelves can be given over to CHUG-style figures and Prime stuff? I have to buy pretty much everything I want online for superinflated prices because stores here only stock movie toys.

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I have to admit I would quite like them to take the Movie Franchise out to the barn and put a Shotgun blast in it's head it getting on now and needs to be put out of its misery.

It's mainly as the toys have been poor quality during DOTM and the interest really isn't there so much in toy terms.

I really don't want that Movie taking attention away from the Prime Franchise it deserves the shelf space and the development time & it does not need to be elbowed aside by more indentikit Bumblebee & Movie Optimus related tat that will just be a warmed up rehash.

If it's not a re imagining then just don't bother.

It's not like they Have any story left to tell (other than a prequel), as they'd need to start throwing Headmaster Scorponok or Unicron at it or something just to give it a villan - Megatron has been totally devalued and ruined after all.

There really is no point the only reason to do it is a cynical money making scheme. If someone says they make them for the fans after a 4th Movie I will give them a Gary Coleman stare for sure.

Anyway think happy Thoughts... "Transformers Prime, Transformers Prime, Transformers Prime, Transformers Prime, Transformers Prime, Transformers Prime, Transformers Prime, Transformers Prime, Transformers Prime, Transformers Prime, Transformers Prime, Transformers Prime, Transformers Prime,.....

That's better that's sucked out the bad taste a bit.

6. Mudflap2011

Mudflap2011 Soldier

Let's hope it's based about the start of the war on Cybertron or just on their home planet for that matter :D 

7. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Someone kill this movie franchise PLEASE.

8. bestbuddy09

bestbuddy09 Well-Known Member

I know that they what to make the money because they can see the money is there... But it is REALLY easy to F up the next movie if they do it. Because Megatron is dead so they have to find a smart way to bring it back ( Again) and make it work.

9. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Fourth time's the charm...

10. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

we as fans knew this would happen if mr.bay comes back well who knows but it would be great. i see a reboot but that's opinion.

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Transformers 4?
    I'm shocked! Shocked!

Seriously, I don't have the next (or any) Transformers movie already written in my head, but I seriously hope the plot of the next movie is not: This ancient Cybertronian\Cybertronian artifact has really been on Earth all along.

We've had three movies of that already.

Someone please let this movie franchise go on forever PLEASE.

12. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    It's part of Bay's misinformation campaign! "Bumblebee will NOT be in Transformers 4." *Bumblebee Camaro pulls onto set*

13. FMA1987

FMA1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i am all for a fourth film they finally did it right with DOTM

14. CH@OS!

[email protected]! Looking for my next job

4th movie NNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!

Reboot the movie line starting over YES!!!! YES!!! YES!!!

15. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

Agreed.

There needs to be significant change, despite the profits of DotM.

Sam has worn out his welcome, as have most of the human characters. The tone needs changed from the goofy/comical/over-the-top approach in Moon. The Victoria Secret "actress" was a mistake.

We need TF characters we can recognize, learn about and care about.

We need good action, but not tiring action like it became in DotM.

And we need a story that makes sense. The need and search for energy has been one that always works for TFs. There's enough to draw on without having to invent new stuff.

16. marksmith85

marksmith85 Leader of Petro-rabbits

I always thought it was Prime who kept coming back like a bad curry....

If they make a 4th film they need to take it in a new direction with different creative mind sat in the directors chair.

I thought TF1 Movie was good but thought 2 and defiantly 3 where dire (megs got killed of way to easily by a 1 armed prime).

TF Prime deserves its time in the spotlight now and at least these toys do not have a stupid weapon gimmick....

17. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Huh? Just use Galvatron.

Regardless, the money will be there whether it's a reboot or not.

18. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can complain all you want about the movies... (I agree with you on Prime) But the simple fact of the matter is they'd be insanely STUPID NOT to capitalize on the cash cow that is the TF Movie franchise.

At the end of the day... hate it if you must... but Has/Tak can do what they do atm because of the movie's success. If the first CG TF movie failed, you can be assured that TF:Animated would've been very different, possibly even shorter lived... and we would NOT have TF: Prime. Less toy lines as well.

Just a little more?

Yea... I think Hasbro might be getting a bit too overzealous with the success of one franchise at the box office.

Truth be told... G1 was very cheesy... course being the 80s what wasn't? TFs back then were pretty much for selling toys, far more so than any of the lines back in the day. In all honesty it's kinda hard to watch them again, just because it's kinda laughable... still, loved it enough to order the series boxset on DVD this week, HAH.

Now... the newer Thundercats and Transformers toys bring very good plots to them.

19. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Urgh, I'd prefer something non connected with Bay and Shia, there are so many good stories to tell with Transformers but if Bay's involve expect it to be convuluted and full of immature humour and orange and teal.

Prime, Beast Wars and Animated are the quality we need on a transformers film, something Bay failed to deliver with.

20. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait!! There are 3 Transformers movies??? I thought they only made Transformers and Transformers Dark of the Moon....jk. Well no shit they're going to make a 4th film. We all knew it was coming and soon. Why wouldn't they?!?! But ENOUGH with Bay! He had his shit fest run, let someone new in. The first and third movies weren't too bad. But Bay is too fucking cheap, I'm getting sick of seeing the same Goddamn scenes from all his movies stuffed in every TF movie. I know I know I know, it saves money. Yes Hollywood is business, you spend as little to make as much as you can. I get it, but Fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkkk