Transformers 4- Hasbro CEO teases announcement

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Janeails22x, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Also gotta consider that K/O didn't write the first film so much as they were the cleanup crew from a previous writer, and ROTF was written under pretty shitty circumstances to begin with; it essentially was hammer out 16 pages of sketches and ideas, let the production crew assemble some equipment and props during the strike, then spend two weeks of stitching whatever we have left before filming starts. I doubt even writers like James Vanderbilt and Quentin Tarantino could turn in something decent under those circumstances.

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

If Mirage isn't in the next movie, I will kick a kitten

3. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I remember coming to K/O's defense shortly after ROTF, pointing out that they wrote Trek, and that the Director has a non-negligible influence over the success/failure of a movie (even if scripts are good), and was roundly criticized for doing so. Folks at the time seemed to want to lionize Bay and any failings of ROTF had to be in the script (and, by that logic, only Abrams saved Trek). Could people finally be waking up to the power a director holds?

(Not to say that a director is the only power. Movie-making is collaborative, after all)

4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    For what it's worth, I've always equally directed my criticisms of the first two TF movies at Bay -and- Orci/Kurtzman. Those two clowns came up with the schlock, but Bay signed off on it, so they're all to blame. And I'm really tired of the excuses everyone keeps harping on about the constraints of writing ROTF. They all thought everything was fine & awesome up until they released that steaming pile, and it wasn't until after it got raked over the coals that all the excuses started pouring out.

Bottom line is that the writers had bare bones knowledge of TF at best, and it was clearly showcased by the movies they wrote. The reason they probably hammered out a pretty decent script for Star Trek is because they LOVE that franchise. Just watch the ST special features DVD - Orci is a bonafied "Trekker" and then some. So obviously their passion for that franchise enabled them to do a better job. Same with Michael Bay. I love his Bad Boys and The Rock movies as they fit perfectly with what he is all about as an action director. But does what he did with human action perfectly translate to giant CGI robots? Not so much. Sometimes people who are good in certain areas just don't fit with other areas, and I think that's the case with Bay, Orci & Kurtzman doing what they know & love best vs. what they did with Transformers. They were just out of their element.

5. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Assuming there is a TF4, if Bee dies in it, I will applaud in the theater. Maybe even a cheer.

6. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    And I'll be standing next to you punching a puppy.

7. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

:lolol 

8. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

Part of me wonders what they can do with a fourth movie, and I'm kind of excited. The rest of me is screaming "PLEASE GOD LET IT DIE!" Mostly because, other than the first movie, I really don't enjoy the Bayverse all that much. Also, I am really, really, really sick of Bayverse toys. Annnd... I really don't see how you can make TF4 anymore epic than DotM.