Transformers 4- Hasbro CEO teases announcement

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Janeails22x, Oct 17, 2011.

1. PropagandaWar

PropagandaWar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love this: “Given this was the third movie that focused on the same core cast of characters, we did not have the same collector power at product launch that we had in past years.

Yeah mabe focused on "Core" characters but you did nothing to really bring out molds for the "New" characters or the existing Characters retools. Sheesh.

2. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Yes. I also want the resulting shows and toyline to continue for many years to come. The movie will likely hinder this which is why I don't want a fourth one.

Honestly, reboot the damn thing. They already stated they wanted to do a TFP movie so just do a movie about how the cast first arrived on Earth.

3. jazzgirl84

jazzgirl84 Mini-bot

I'd love another movie.........but let's have someone take their time with it. I could wait 4 or 5 yrs for another, but I'm excited that they are talking about another one!

I'm sure they will find someone more than capable of making it great, not that I had a problem with Bay, but new blood is always good.

4. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    I'm all for a fourth movie as long as my favorite character doesn't die in it.

5. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

As big a TF fan that I am I'm not really into going to buy comics every week. I wouldn't mind some dvd only releases that explore characters and story more in depth like many of the Marvel/DC movies that come out.

6. TheG1Bumblebee

TheG1Bumblebee Bumble Kid

Unicron!?!?!?!?

7. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Do you want them to blow their entire CGI budget on one character?

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Their already talking with Bay N Berg? I ain't seeing it. Their of to a terrible start. TF BayBerg was fun but that's it, just a bit of fun.

9. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I would like a 4th movie but not one done by Michael Bay

10. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

^this.
    BTW, what do they mean by 4th quarter?

11. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Reboot please

12. Twintwist8

Twintwist8 Banned

Ebay:
    Well, yeah G1 was cheesy, but it's where it all began, we can't argue that point. We'll never see another cartoon like it ever really. But if they REALLY make another movie I wish they would do an all out Beast War-verse movie. Whether it's a retelling (as a trilogy), a sequel (which could replace Beast Machines), or prequel (all Cybertron and with some G1 cameos, plus the Prime w/disks statue). And leave the toilet jokes & anthropoids out of it.

BUT, if they DO keep the current universe... they'd HAVE to bring Unicron into it...somehow. And bring the cursing down a notch or two, and a WHOLE lot more Autobots. I take that back... if we do NOT see Unicron... we need to see gestalts... like TF4: Conquest of the Gestalts... or something like that. Where they 'fix' Devastator (maybe even make fun of his lack of speech) , and MORE MORE MORE MORE Autobots... and have the plot center around the Autobots learning the spark-splicing ability for the gestalt process. I remember a general rule about the G1 Gestalts... the bigger they became the almost "dumber" they became also. Unicron and Computron seemed like 2 of the few exceptions. Nearly no matter the gestalt, it seemed like the individual personalities were always at war with each other... just read their old bios. Even Fort Max and Metroplex didn't seem to have much autonomy except in the comics.

13. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Aww no.. personally I am unmoved and not surprised by this.. however this is going to cause some folks in my friends and family to piss and moan for days while meanwhile I will just silently weap on the inside.
    Pity.

14. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    I'm happy they will finialy introduce a new villain. Even if its a revived
    Megatron turned into Galvatron. Im all for MBay doing this. I always enjoyed his new take on the Transformers brand. I can separate my G1 an BeastWars fan boy and enjoy his action packed robot kicking ass movies.

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro was able to fund Universe because of funds supplied via the success of the Movieverse. Without that success, we probably just get Animated toys.

Movie success = Extra money/interest for other stuff, like Classics
    Movie failure = Focusing on Animated in light of their attempt to broaden the interest in the franchise failing due to a lackluster film

Of course they'd still release stuff, but you operate under the idea we would've gotten something else other than Animated. Hell, Power Core Combiners, like them or not, may not happen without a successful RotF line if Hasbro isn't willing to experiment in funding a combiner-ish line with absolutely no media support behind it.

Could there have been a Classics line without the success of the first film? Perhaps, but I don't see how likely that is if Hasbro doesn't have extra cash to draw and interest from retailers in such a concept without the previous success of the first film's line. Without those extra resources and interest, they may have had the willingness to do it themselves, but if the first film is a failure and retailers are less interested in Transformer product that they think may not move (especially with no cartoon/major media behind it, which Classics lacks unless you count any G1 reruns airing anywhere or on DVD), why on earth do you think anything would still have happened under such a scenario?

As for the rest of the crap you spew, that's your own problem. I'm done dealing with you.

16. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movies will not be drastically different until the box office receipts start dwindling. It's going to be more of the same until one bombs. So if Bay doesn't actually direct, it'll be definitely be in his "style".

DJ Caruso waits by phone ...

17. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    if they wanna make another one. great. if not, transformers prime and fall of cybertron are waiting for me. at least wheeljack isnt a punk in those (so far as we know). the movies had a great run but, unless the next one is better than the first one and dotm whith more action than rotf, (unlikely) then they should just stop.

18. fallen_revenge

fallen_revenge Movie News Addict

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Bring it bring it bring it bring it woolooooooooooooo trans4mers!!!!!!

19. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    So much...fan rage...butts...hurting... :lol  (including mine, yes...)

If only Bay cared about what? The live-action films possibly interfering with a separate line in Hasbro's giant-@$$ company? Why should he be? It's not really his problem. Sure, the trilogy is HUGE, but it's only a single part of a several decade old franchise. One part. Think Batman or Superman. Do you think that Zack Snyder is losing sleep over whether or not Man of Steel might upstage Smallville's repeats? How about Chris Nolan? Do you think he's lobbying that The Dark Knight Rises be released several months later as to not steal thunder from Justice League: Doom? Or is it Whedon's fault that The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes might have a delayed release date for the start of season 2? No, you can't blame him. I don't see why Bay would worry himself with "Oh, but I don't want to give Hasbro another $1 billion movie in case they decide to have 'X-formers Line #43' instead. The movie might prevent the release of that line!" This doesn't make Bay a dick or uncaring or anything. It makes him - as I said - a single player in a ridiculously large franchise with multiple parts. Hasbro's a big company. It can handle itself.

*However, with that being said, I'm also in the boat of hoping that Prime doesn't get cancelled or anything because of a potential fourth film. But if something like that were to happen, I sure as heck wouldn't be pinning the blame on Bay or saying that he's uncaring for doing so.

I love the movies, but honestly, THIS. As I've said before, keep Bay on as executive producer along with Spielberg, but I'd like to see another director's take on the franchise.

:thumbs2:  Well put.

Not only is he the gosh-darn Batman, but he's right.

:lol 

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't go back through the whole thread to see if this was brought up because I'm on my phone because this site is still broken as hell on my laptop. So apologies...

...but I thought it was really interesting that they acknowledged that the movies have led to a "collector slump" because they've done so much rereleasing of characters. Hope for our sake they they continue to be aware of this. I love the movies but I hope TF4 breaks away from the established style (not character designs, but story, character choice, editing, etc.) and that Prime gets to mature and take the weight of the franchise.

Would be a shame to let the TF movies end on a whimper. Let the hype build a little, don't let us get tired of it.