Transformers 4 And 5 May Film Back-To-Back; LaBeouf Out, Statham In?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by johndoe4880, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I don't give a fuck what ANY of you say... Jason Statham is PERFECT for Transformers movies, especially the way these ones are. He is an action movie beast. He's a guy I can believe would be kicking ass along side Transformers.

The biggest issue is will they get rid of the glass jaw Decepticons. There is no tension in the movies because the Cons can't beat ANY of the Autobots in any sort of one on one. As soon as one Bot shows with his gun armed, Decepticons are finished. Transformers always let both sides do cool shit and be good warriors... the movie series failed in this after movie 1. The stopped designing any cool set pieces for the Cons. Movie 1 had great scenes for the Bots and Cons... ROTF and DOTM gave the Autobots ALL of the money shots.

Bay forgot that you can't have great heros without great Badguys... the Cons of movie 2 and 3 were generic, couldn't fight, and did nothing cool. Please get a director that realizes that the badguys need to have their moments too!

Also, THESE ARE NOT FAMILY FILMS. The pee and dick jokes as well as sexual innuendo should tell you that. Not to mention that they are PG-13.

Lastly, I feel that bringing in Galvatron and company is a failure. It only works to me if you bring back one of the original Cons. I would suggest Starscream... have him be the bridge. If you use his immortal spark idea... you can have him injure Sam (explaining his absence) and herald the new Cons to earth. Having Galvatron and Co show just to fight is dumb... Why come to earth? The resources aren't worth the trip. Especially if they can conquer the rest of the galaxy being THE STRONGEST BOTS ARE LOCATED ON EARTH.

I personally hope the rumor is false, and that they simply reboot, bringing back the Decepticon 4 (Shockwave, Soundwave, Megatron and Starscream). If you treat them with the same dignity as the Bots, and make them cool, you make for an engaging and enjoyable series. These movies failed to do that after the first one -- The Cons became mere cannon fodder for heroic set pieces. Where would Star Wars be if Darth Vader and the Emperor were such total bitches?

2. Liselotte

Liselotte Revenge is coming... TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You want the good stuff, and I want the bad. Hey, we're both selfish.

Bring on 4 and 5, along with Bay then Im happy.

3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

No one in this fandom is altruist. Hell I know I´m not. The movies are pretty much much the only change I get to buy TFs without paying imports fees. If that means you aren´t getting classics (which we never get here, or if we do is VERY rare), well sucks to be you.

4. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

Starscream might still be alive -- not all of his head exploded and his eye Sam pulled out was still glowing slightly.

5. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How forgetful so many of us are. "Reboot this, you're selfish, I hate Michael Bay, I hate Kruger!" A decade ago we weren't even close to another Transformers film what so ever. We didn't even know then if reimplementing the classic "Autobot VS Decepticon" theme of G1 (restarted by the Robots In Disguise series on Fox Kids) was a sure fire win. TransTech, which Hasbro wanted to try, sure didn't seem like a well thought out winner at all.

We should be GLAD there are entities that think what we love will be well received by the public at the cinemas/theaters. Here, a handful of ungrateful naysayers think they can do Brian Goldner's (Hasbro C.E.O) job for him. I dare say the movies were the best thing for this franchise EVER! Here's something more sinful to the most close-minded fans of this franchise to say, these movies did more for the long term than G1 itself and that's besides bringing in more money than G1 too. We have lots of young fans who's love of a "face taking" Optimus Prime and a Bumblebee who doesn't quite talk normally will cause them to want to learn more about the franchise. This, after all us aging, whining original fans bury ourselves from heart attacks and other ailments from over stressing about forms of entertainment. Those young fans will hopefully carry on our die hard love of this whole thing where as we're sitting here taking it for granted. Did some of you forget we weren't always so saturated in big time film prospects?! Because I sure didn't!

We had so many years of occasional big film rumors, G1 this and live action that. All with no substance, no validity, rumors here and there and the only truth came in the summer of 2003 when Hasbro announced their movie intentions themselves. It took 3 years to get it to production after that and we were all happy in 2007. I guess in 4 years, it's too easy to forget what a struggle it's been for this franchise to stand back up again after withering away from it's first ever film in 1986.

Want to be nostalgic for your childhood and hate Transformers as they are now? Go watch Thundercats on Cartoon Network, they couldn't get it done in the film industry, so they're taking what they can with their reboot on Cartoon Network. Thundercats not your thing then go wait on Nickelodeon and their 2nd reboot on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Here's a hint of things to come with that, don't expect too much if they can't even release the Turtles big crossover movie in it's 16:9, uncut format onto DVD/Rlu-Ray. Lastly if He-Man's your thing then you might, just might, be able to find an overpriced DC crossover 2 pack at a nearby Toys R Us if you're lucky because that's all they have going on.

Look things over carefully, Transformers, just as it did in the Beast era, the RiD era, the movie era has a future.

6. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    It's funny how everyone here thinks the movies are for them. The movies are for the general public, not fans that predate the movies. Hasbro wants more movies to sell more toys to kids and new fans, not all of us. If we watch the movies and/or buy the toys, that's just a bonus for them.

7. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Can't we at least get a different director?!

8. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

Lotsa hubaloo. I agree with Repainted's post a couple above mine 100%.

I would also go on to make the argument that without the success of the movies, we wouldn't have TF: Prime, which has had an exceptional first season and also holds a very bright future.

9. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well said.

But I'm still wary of Bay being actively involved w/ all directing. Even if there's a solid script with character development, I can't see Bay changing his style. Characters with depth are not his forte. Not sure Speilberg would want to take on the in-depth & lengthy pre & post-pro of a movie like TF. No clue who else might be able to take on such a action & SFX-heavy job.

10. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    As long as he is a different character I'm cool with it.

11. SSR

SSR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be interesting to see Carly still young but then Sam as Jason Statham. Wouldnt be the first time Bay didnt give a shi... about a plot hole.

12. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup,Statham will be more suited to be as a Nest soldier.Hope they revive Jazz for TF 4 though the chances is very slim.

13. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    He has a right to his opinion the same as you do! The sign outside doesn’t read “Bayformers&friends…dot com” That means other people can join in...

Bay was reluctant to do Transformers anyway and the end result of these films reflects it every time. And it doesn’t have to be a G1 remake, it just has to be better than crap. Have a director do it how actually has love for the Transformers lore. I swear some of you baylovers hang on to this exaggerated G1 stigma for dear life when all most people want is a decent Transformers film.

So despite your Bay infatuation most people who watched these films would also go out to see a well done reboot just the same. Begging people to not to comment against a sequel isn’t going to hide the flaws (add “The Kings has no clothes” analogy here) They’re aware that Bay is to Transformers what George Bush Jr. is to the levy breaking….. “BAY DOESN’T NOT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT TRANSFORMERS!”

It’s just another check to him….The stupid human characters that take up most of the screen time are more than enough proof of this. So if you don’t like what he or anyone else with a shred of common sense has to say then why not practice what you preach and ignore it……?

14. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    My Grain of salt.
    [​IMG]

Also I dont want Ratchet to die :(  Alooulla. He reminds me of house.

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Reboot, please. Let's try something new.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  16. General Magnus

What this illusion that other directors give a crap about Transformers? None, do. Bay was in fact the last choice. The fandom seem to be in constant denial about people taking Transformers seriously.

You will never find ANYONE that gives a crap about Transformers outside the fandom. It´s just another check to everyone.

17. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I like him but not Stratham. Like I've said, let human's be support and not equal. I don't care if humans watch it. TFs are central.

18. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Moar movies, MOAAAAR!

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Statham should not be Sam at all.

Sam and Carly get married and them and BB never show up again. I'd rather have a time-skip like 20 years if they want TF4 and TF5. That way it can build up new charecters with a new human charecter.

I wouldn't mind of they did Daniel Witwicky (as long as he ain't a spaz like his dad).

20. General Magnus

I´d like to pose a challenge. Find me a named director that really gives me a crap about Transformers. Come on, I´m waiting.