Transformers 4 And 5 May Film Back-To-Back; LaBeouf Out, Statham In?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by johndoe4880, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Yubarules77

Yubarules77 Well-Known Member

People you need to stop complaining... if you didint like the movies is that simple... dont watch them anymore and dont watch 4 & 5 movies...

remember, harcore or softcore transformers fans are only a small group... the studios are targeting people that want to enjoy a cool michael bay summer action movie, thats it... paramount and hasbro want there billions not a weak ass box office

i like the movies and i want to see more of bayformers

2. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

People dont need to stop complaining at all. If something is substandard and shit they need to say so. Especially if its about a subject they care about.

My own opinion is that I love the idea of the movies and so much about them is right.
    But fundamentally flawed at the same time beyond repair.

Do new movies, by all means. I'd love them to.
    But keep fucking idiots like Bay, LeBeouf and Krueger as far away from them as possible. There is plenty of talent on this planet without letting the same gobshites make the same mistakes over and over again.

"Hey, lets have another desperate last stand with the same people but lets do it in... Chicago, right?"
    "Hey Michael. I totally have a great idea for 4 and 5. A desperate last stand of humans and a few autobots in... a jungle... and Optimus comes back from a beating to kill everybody."
    "Yeah, dude. The studio will love that. And 5?"
    "Well, a desperate last stand of humans and a few autobots in... an amusement park... and Optimus comes back from a beating to kill everybody!.
    "So versatile! All we need now is a lame conspiracy theory and some bad ass decepticons to hype, make them seem near invincible and then put up the sort of fight you'd expect from a French pensioner with AIDS! Right, you get 'writing' (I know, right?) and I'll go and get milions and millions of dollars".

*high five*

3. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Am not complaining at all for TF 4 & 5 to be produced,am 2 hands up,agree to the upcoming movie,TF movie rocks.

4. Twintwist8

Twintwist8 Banned

Ebay:
    Huh, Statham as Daniel... that is an idea... Maybe a visit to the Well of Sparks on Cybertron and maybe Ironhide & Wheeljack (well whoever) could come back somehow. Bring back a friggin' army of characters... insecticons, dinobots, the whole near G1 shootin' match. Fiddle with the idea (again I've mentioned it before, this would help fill the void of lacking TF characters too) on Autobots learning the art of combination. Even program the dinobots to learn it (but end up being too dumb to combine ;)  ) as a G1 tribute... have Unicron as an "essence" and not a planet, that was accidentally leaked out of the Well of Spark on Cybertron when they tried to resurrect Ironhide... (And have Unicron then could remake Megatron into Galvatron, and Soundwave and Starscream back...etc.) have "Daniel" and a few military travel with them to Cybertron & back... and some "oh crap" moments... ...maybe even incorporate Grimlock (or some stupid new movie name for him like Footmold) gaining his accidental intelligence to help give all the Autobot gestalts their ability to combine...have the dinobots actually combine at the very end to save the day after a huge battle between all the gestalts...and to contain Unicron's spark in a vaccum cleaner bag.... there's your two movies...

5. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    1) Cartoon Network axed Transformers: Animated, not Hasbro.

2) Having a Transformers cartoon running alongside the movie's release would only spark MORE commercial interest in the series (especially considering some of Prime's aesthetic similarities with the movieverse). After kids watch the movies, they're inevitably gonna wanna watch the cartoon series as well.

3) Transformers: Prime is a major part of Hasbro's big move to reformat the Transformers brand for a new generation (along with War for Cybertron and the upcoming Fall of Cybertron). Axing it simply because the movies exist doesn't seem likely, nor does it make any sense.

Just because Hasbro prioritizes the movie toys first (which makes sense) doesn't mean that the movies are gonna kill off other parts of the Transformers franchise. I know it may be easy to just use the movies as a scapegoat for any situation in which something in the franchise goes wrong. But, the fact of the matter is that the movies have done nothing but help the franchise since they were first released, whether you actually like them or not.

Also (and this is just my opinion), I'm happy that Animated got cancelled. If it hadn't been, we probably wouldn't have gotten Transformers: Prime, which is far superior to Animated in every way imaginable.

6. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So many lines to collect and yet with little $, how to collect them all, HAHA

7. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    The stupidest, moronic people are those who feel that just because they dislike certain things, everyone else who enjoys it should be deprived as well.

I respect the fact that different people like different things. That's fine.
    But not to the point where idiotic remarks like, "I hate it. Who cares about others. Just bin it and concentrate on what I like" are spouted.

Never knew certain people could be so selfish, shallow and lacking in basic intelligence.

8. firebapx

firebapx Starscream

stathem being the main characther in transformers 4 and 5. now i like the guy as an actor hes great and all but it seems to me that his main strengths are kicking peopple in the head and being funny. im not sure he can pull of a serious role where he dosnt get to kick some one in the head. still lets hope if he is chosen he can do it and ya know eventualy get to kick some one in the head preferable not galvatron as hed break his foot

9. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Here's the thread for the orignal rumor: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/427800-trans4mers-rumor-mongering-begins-jason-statham-feel-shias-shoes.html. I'm sure there are theories of how he'd work in there. (I've read some when it was first reported, but don't remember much).

:lol 

Spider-Man 3 rather spectacularly (pun not intended) screwed up various characters, including Peter somehow, but espeically Venom. I think that's why it's been rebooted.

10. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

People do have much hate for the movies sometimes. Yeah they weren't perfect but you know what, nothing is. For example these are my own particular bug bears in a few of the continuities:

G1 had the silly origin story about the cybertronians being built by quintessons, as well as....primacron.

Beast wars killed off characters i personally felt had more to give.

Beast machines had the ugly robot modes of the maximals.

IDW's version of 'female' transformers not being a natural occurance and pretty much the whole race being male.

The movies had Glass-jawed decepticons in 2 and 3 as well as certain crude humour that made me wince.

But you know what, i love all of them. I can honestly say there isn't a transformers continuity that i dont think gave me some amount of pleasure, big or small. And i will continue to love the movies if they come out, and yes, i do rather hope Michael Bay continues to direct. This is all my opinion, and i just wanted to voice it, im not telling anyone how they should think here.

11. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Transformers franchise is that much closer to looking like the next Crank franchise......could you imagine the combination of the style of Statham and Bay!!!!!! Its Crank elevated to 1000x!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Dear God, let these movies die already. Three is enough!

13. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Make it so. I would rather they continue with this than reboot. Plus, since they are always changing the look of the characters, they can make some design changes and make them better. Bring in more G1 Ark characters as needed new decepticons etc...I'm just sick of reboots.

14. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

I swear, if Jason Statham is in the next transformers movie, that will be the stupidest thing i ever saw... do they really honestly think that would be a good movie? wat is he going to do drive the transformers, take his shirt off and then round house kick the decepticons .. ugh.. way to butcher the movie if this goes thru

15. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Please no Statham for transformers, the guy has zero charm and cant lead a supposed family film.

16. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Family film? That was thrown out the door after ROTF.

17. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I cannot possibly fathom how having this guy in the Transformers franchise is a good thing. If you think having Prime be psychotic was bad, add this guy to the mix.

18. kookookajew

kookookajew Well-Known Member

Statham will make Transformers even more Human Based

Okay ... consider this ... Shia Labouf was an actor.... Jason Statham is an action guy / badass mother f*cker.. Which is fine and all but seriously though. .... If you put a guy in a Transformers movie that is KNOWN for being an action star. ... they are going to make the movie EVEN MORE about the humans and EVEN LESS about the robots... You dont higher people like Jason Statham to be an actor that stands by and watches transformers beat the sh*t out of stuff ... If he's there. .. hes going to be the one kicking ass..

I honestly think IF this is the route theyre going to take .. its going to be a bad move and its going to make hardcore fans (as well as casual fans) pissed due to the even more lack of robots ...

Again... I know that this information isnt for sure or anything and I REALLY do hope they make a 4th movie because honestly I do like the TF:Movie-verse.. and all that money the movie sales bring in help go towards stuff like Transformers Prime, The Generations / classics/ universe/ RTS toylines, etc. So please people ... if you dont like the movies .. dont complain how they shouldnt make them ... because I HIGHLY doubt Hasbro would have the funding to produce TF prime (considering how much money is put into it) without these MONSTER CASHCOWS.
    If you dont like em ... dont watch them ... just remember though in the end they help you get what you want.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

So if you are a Classics style fan and you want some of your favorite characters updated to Hasbro's current standard or you'd like to go awhile without your favorite line of Transformers getting put on hold then you are such a selfish person.

But to want movie after movie and Hasbro's focus just on movie related things it's being selfish.

Wanting all of Hasbro love to go toward you because you like the movies and it's related goods isn't being selfish? As long as you get what you want it isn't selfish but when other people wanting good stuff it is just so selfish.

20. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

To people who are commenting saying things like "Reboot, please", and "Why are they doing more of this shit?"
    - Shut up and move on.
    If you're not interested, don't read the movie news. The thread doesn't need to be clogged up with hate because there's a hint of Bay on it, or that another movie might be made!

Anyway, I like the idea of a 2-part film. It might make it seem different to the 07-11 trilogy.
    I think that the last 2-parter for Harry Potter worked well... I mean, Half Blood Prince was terrible, and then they got their arses in gear for The Deathly Hallows.
    DOTM was good, it was a step up from ROTF.
    I think Statham would do well as a Nest soldier, such as Lennox's backup, or Lennox's replacement (if the guy who plays Lennox isn't in)

I think that the film could start off, like the start of District 9, as a documentary style job? Because DOTM felt a bit far-fetched, to be honest, so a 'documentary' would sort of bring it back to reality.
    Also, I like a previous commenter's idea of the remaining decepticons being given a patch of land to live on.
    I think from there the remaining Decepticons could be ungrateful bastards and launch an attack on the Autobots.

I think Sideswipe will get more time to shine if TF4 and 5 arrive. And Ratchet will be our Original-5-Autobot-kill, for example, Jazz (TF1), Optimus (ROTF), Ironhide (DOTM).

Also, can't wait for TF:Fall Of Cybertron.