Transformers 4 And 5 May Film Back-To-Back; LaBeouf Out, Statham In?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by johndoe4880, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just "not watching" won't save Transformers: Prime from a conflict of interest. I guarantee Prime would go on a "hiatus" right before Movie 4...and never come back.

2. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As mentioned in other threads, I have mixed feelings about having a TF 4 & 5 movies.

I would rather have seasons 4 & 5 in TFP.

3. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is why Bay is the wrong person to make films like Transformers, because they are movies that continue on. I did like the first and third movie, but it shows how they made it up as they went along from one movie to the next.

4. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ehren might know the mythos nd what not but he dnt know how to put emotion nd character

5. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Sorry, but I can't stand Statham, and for him to be in the movie if so, I won't watch it, I can't stand his horrible non acting, he is one of the worst actors out there right now, behind Ashton Kutcher and Justin Long. I won't be able to sit through his scenes, there is not one movie of his, where he is the star, I can sit through to watch.

And come on, not Bay again, the story was weak, the action was awesome, but that's it, so many holes in the story, get a good writing team, and someone who can actually concept up a decent script, real Transformers would be bad ass, make them so on screen.

And I don't know how about more Autobots that are well known, like an actual Wheeljack, that don't look like a reject from a B British spy movie, even though his name was Que.....And where is Mirage? Sunstreaker? hell, Thundercracker & Skywarp, Soundwave, Ratchet, Bumblebee & Ironhide have gotten enough air time, bring on the other main guys, and since when was Bumblebee the main character behind Prime & Megatron so much?

6. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^^ this....
    I 2nd this emotion to the fullest extent!

7. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I think they've dug themselves a pretty big hole in terms of story telling, but I think it's nothing a GOOD writer couldn't fix. just like they brought in star Trek NOVEL writers to repair the 4th season of Enterprise, Hasbro could bring in some of the better IDW gents to create a rocking 4th film script. The director doesn't want to give us Straight up robots for the film? Fine! but focus less of Panty shots or the weirdest faces Shia can make and you've already improved your film.

8. C2567

C2567 Well-Known Member

No Ehren Kruger please!!

9. MadCatTonton

MadCatTonton MCTT The Magnificent

If it's to be kept in the same universe as Bay's then I think Ironhide's resurrection (as much as I'd like him to) is highly unlikely...the dude rusted away!

10. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Hilarious.

They certainly do expect "us movie goers" to go see #4 & #5 - especially because "us movie goers" went to see #3 in droves to the tune of $1 billion plus change. No changes are needed - the formula is working.

11. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    If Michael Bay is back, I'm out

12. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Right on. They would be resuscitating a franchise that should be near death since all the good characters are dead or just plain horrible.

Lets get this straight you like the stories cause one thing is for sure the CGI isnt a story or character. I could care less for the stories and characters they presented but ya KEEP the CGI as ILM is the only thing making these films enjoyable.

NEW movies please cant stand this continuities inconsistencies.
    BTW when you wait as long as some of us have for a live action movie that captures the best of the transformers franchise and you get this see how well youd adjust. The only story that is entertaining is dotm and im pretty sure that is by comparison cause I WANT to like it.

Why does everyone act like they like the stories when films like ROTF sucked from just about everyones standpoint fans of tf1 and tf3 and general public. The CGI is the best part of course cause it all looks real and how is that not an instant win.

13. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually love the actor - he fills that void that was left when they basically stopped making 80s action movie: lots of action, a dose of cheese and a kick ass protagonist.

But you're right, I can't see the fit either.

14. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Yes! Now we can have a Leader Blackout/Grindor/whatever they're gonna call him this time, since we're beating dead horses!

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea that we can just ignore the movies didn't exactly work out for GI Joe fans. After that really bad Rise of Cobra movie we got a fairly good cartoon series in GI Joe Renegades. But after just one season of Renegades Hasbro pulls the plug on the cartoon so they can "focus" on the second live action GI Joe film.

Even if they don't pull the plug on the Transformers Prime cartoon series it still means no new Transformers Prime toy releases during the films. Generations will get put on hold and no new releases for who knows how long. The only non movie news would be something by the 3rd party companies.

Instead of a break so that someone other than movie fans could get a little love and attention from Hasbro we'd be back to things like Toy Fair with nothing but movie related toys.

16. JavaJim

JavaJim Agilisticobot

Didn't Spider-man get a reboot after being ultra-successful with 3 movies? I'm not sure about at reboot, but the whole thing about Transformers was character development and that's something the movies utterly lack. Whether this is intentional, or due to lack of writing chops I'm not sure. I can handle the insectasoid robots (hey, they look weird on screen, but have given us some great robot models), but I would like to see some character development and less killing off of characters that were core to the series.

17. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Agree 100% with this. And no Bay either. I don't hate him, I like his style of action, but I would like to see some developed characters for once

18. johndoe4880

johndoe4880 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are rumors i heard that if they Do make a trasnformers 4 that it will be 20 years later. and statum will not play Spike/sam witwicky he will play Dan Witwickey all grown up.

the Only reason why jason statum is name is being consider is because the girl who playied carly in transfromers 3 dark of the moon is his girl friend.

but i think they seroisuldy need to reboot it because there was a alot of stuff that i was pissed about from the first buy movie.

i didn't like how they came to earth. a comet or meter transformation. what the heck is that.

they don't show the ark or a space battle untill the third one. what the heck is that.

thats the only complaint i had was that the ark was shown in the 3rd one.

i want a orgin movie not something that they came from earth already and everything.

19. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Yes a movie a year!
    And a live action TV show!
    And 2 cartoons, one CGI and one traditional drawn animation every week!
    And 4 comics a month!
    Maybe an OVA animated movie every 6 months would also be cool.
    And boxes of transformers on every shelf!
    Oh and video games and books too.

Saturate the commercial media!!! Do it!!

20. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seriously, will prefer a younger guy to replace LaBeouf than Statham? Or there is no confirmation yet as per who is going to replace LaBeouf ?