Transformers 4 And 5 May Film Back-To-Back; LaBeouf Out, Statham In?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by johndoe4880, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    WTF? I thought this Statham BS was debunked months ago? Do I really need to take this seriously ...? Damn.

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see you say that after it goes the way of the Animated; Swept under the mat to focus of promoting the new movie and its legions of boring toys, killing the former.

3. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    i hope not but i want shia to come back but that will be cool if we get to see a older verision of sam witwiky! if jason S. comes and shia does reprise his role! then Jason will have a difent role like a nest agent or a voice actor! only time will till!

4. Barricade252525

Barricade252525 Active Member

I'm not sure if i want another Transformers film if Shia isnt returning. Unless, they get Nathan Fillion as the new lead! ;D

5. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This tidbit of a rumor is exciting to me, even if it doesn't come true in a full sense of the rumor. I had been a bit depressed after the 3rd movie was released and done because I thought it might be the end of the movie-side of the franchise. I know there are a lot of haters and complainers out there, but these movies and the buzz they create are a big reason for a lot of the other transformer merchandise and figures that we get.

6. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm happy to have the movies. Not all franchises however well known, profitable, length of existence, etc even get 1 motion picture and we've had 4. 3 more than many of us ever expected. So I wouldn't take anything for granted. If Statham is going to be another Witwicky, it could be Sparkplug or Buster, it wouldn't be the end of anything. The live action only Mikaela (Megan Fox) was replaced with a G1 homage in Carly (Rosie Huntington-Whitely), so you never know how it'll play out. If they get made back to back, i can't really gauge that except that it may mean faster release dates depending on successes.

7. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

i like jason stantham a lot. he is a good action actor. i could see him as a nest dude just doing black ops stuff with the autobots. but in all honesty, im still not sure yet. he could be good for the movies, he could be not so good. time will tell if this rumor is true or not. but anyway. back to the main point.

honestly, i don't really care or mind if they film 4 and 5 back to back. just please. for the love of god. no more Michael bay. i stood up for him after all the crap he got from revenge of the fallen. but in dark of the moon, it was all about the humans, with the transformers as moving plot points and set pieces. he has always been trying to make people movies out of a movies about giant transforming alien robots. just doesn't work. and he has proven that to me. so you know what? enough with bay. bring in someone new. and please.. no reboot. and stick with the designs. no redesigns. i love the movie style, and i don't think it needs tampering with.

there are my :2c: 

8. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    WIN!

9. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

revenge of the fallen did not kill transformers animated. people like to blame it on ROTF, because it is convenient. cartoon network killed transformers animated when they canceled it. as for the toys, its all a matter of opinion. i loved many of the ROTF line toys. for 2009, they were good toys. a lot of them have had good updates, but most of them are still fun toys. IMO.

10. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I can dig it ~ My preference would be a new director with MB producing, and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE a better story/script.... I thought DOTM was decent, but you could drive Prime through some of the plotholes (WITH his trailer)

I dig Statham, so hopefully that's true. Hard to see him being anything but another one of the military guys though; hope they can talk Josh Duhamel back, I really think him and Tyrese Gibson are the only human characters well worth running with...

11. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

I hope this isn't true. I really would like the next Transformer movie to have another director.

12. autodrift

autodrift Well-Known Member

without labeof, the film is dead, even after megan left i felt it was odd with the other chick. i think once you start a franchise and main charactors dont want to continue the film, it really makes it just not the same anymore.

i dont see anyone being able to take labeof's place as a actor, just not gonna happen, anyone can hate on the kid but he is a great actor in my opinion and without him i dont think these movies would have turned out as good.

i say reboot altogether if they are going to continue tf movies.

13. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Transformers: Deathrace. :lolol 

Nice. / not!

14. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Shia has been a essential part of the movie verse but that's over stating it a bit.

As long as there is a new lead who is a new character it should be fine. A relative unknown was cast into the movieverse - Shia Labeouf - so it stands that a similarly relative unknown could step up to the plate once more.

15. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If these rumors are true, I think Hasbro intends to not wait for Micheal Bay to finish his next film before doing this one. Starting discussions this soon, makes them seem either desperate to keep riding off the franchises box office success or they're just way to eager to stop making films and a break that's longer than two years is probably too long for them to wait. Either way, shooting back to back films takes a lot longer, so if they plan to do it, they'll announce the films being green lit as soon as possible.

On a side note, if they do make two back to back films, I hope Hasbro/Paramount treat it as its own self contained duology(Kind of like the relationship between the two Star Wars trilogies). Have it set in the same universe as the previous trilogy but exploring different stories with a very different cast, possibly only carry over a few from the previous installments.

16. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The biggest weakness of the movie trilogy has been the lack of a strong villain who you can root against. Megatron died in part 1 without having much screen time, The Fallen fell before he did much and in TF3 Sentinel was the best effort to date but still short of the mark.

I pray TF-NEXT takes a look at movies like The Dark Knight for how to create a villain to despise. The key villain should slip through the heroes grasp a few times - maybe even outsmart them a few times - before the final smackdown preferably performing a few despicable acts along the way. Not one enemy death in any TF movie felt like the Autobots had to go all out to achieve a victory.

17. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:

yah. i see Statham as the military type for TF movies.

im up for it!

we can see Statham karate kick people while Optimus murderizes someones face in the bkg

im sold! :p 

18. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cartoon Network did not cancel Animated. Hasbro did, because stores wouldn't buy anymore of the figures. Guess why?

They wanted more movie toys.

Obviously, Hasbro wouldn't keep investing in a cartoon if it wasn't going to sell toys, and there was already over a year planned out with movie figures in its place. Hasbro did the logical thing and then used the opportunity to launch The Hub.

The movies stomp out all of its in-brand competition. That is a fact. The thought of losing a well-written innovative cartoon to a lousy forgettable two-hour cash-grab infuriates me.

19. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Yeah, & DotM did affect Prime: it delayed the relase of the toys, to prevent the overlap.

& if they do continue the movievese, whoever does it however, MAKE THE TRANSFORMERS THE LEAD ROLES! Enough w/ humans taking away screen time from the title characters!

20. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Never going to happen.