Transformers 4 Age Of Extinction Worldwide Release

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 26, 2014.

1. ironhide1

ironhide1 Autobot

Nicely summed up, I agree!

2. 420tron

420tron Mr. Beefy

I really liked it. It's the best one yet. Loved how dark and violent it got.

3. trey_dawg05

trey_dawg05 Banned

Ebay:
    Just saw it...its the best one so far imo but was pretty long....also my son won 2nd place raffle and i won 1st which is crazy cool....got a movie poster 2 movie tickets a collectors cup n shirt and a bunch of candy my son won 2 boxes of candy and a tshirt

4. ironhide1

ironhide1 Autobot

I agree, very summed up as well.

5. Thunderwave

Thunderwave Active Member

Exactly.

6. LastOfThePrimes

LastOfThePrimes Well-Known Member

Saw it. Best action and CG of any of the other movies. Plot jumped around a bit. The ending was rushed, Hound was awesome, Brains wasn't needed,Mark did a good job, the daughter did a good job, the boyfriend sucked, the Chinese girl sucked waste of screentime. The Dinobots were shoehorned in also wasn't explained clearly, Lockdown was awesome, the autobots were awesome, Galvatron shouldn't have been in this one he would have been better off as a end credits scene, Some of the foul language wasn't needed, and dialogue was bad in some parts. Part 1 is still the best.

7. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    As I've said. I'm a big critic of movies 2 & 3. Despite still having Bay flaws e.g. too long, some 'how did that happen' moments and a shoddy story the addition of a good cast, stamping out of humping and scrotum humor AND the addition of villains who don't die like wimps makes this movie stand nicely next to TF07.

8. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Was anyone else underwhelmed by the 3D? I remember being very impressed with DOTM's 3D, but AOE seemed to barely make any use of it.

9. Magnahide

Magnahide Maximal Commander

This absolutely infuriates the hell out of me as a fan of the movies. It's because it's true. I don't know why people have to get so butt hurt over a difference in opinions...about movies and science fiction stories...and, uh, action figures.

I feel like it's easier to throw in the towel and denounce my movie fandom just so I don't have a negative label. "Oh God, you like Bayformers? You must be a prick."

10. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got back from the show and I can see the reasons for the mixed reactions. On one hand, they did improve a lot of things that were just annoying in the first three films, but there were still some big flaws with this one.

The 2 most annoying things that stand out to me are the Decepticons transforming into swirling blocks and then into their Alt/Robot modes. It struck me as lazy animating on the CGI folks part. Transformers are suppose to transform. Why do the cons have vehicle parts in robot mode if they just reformat their shapes. They could look like anything. In fact, they show that to you in the film. The second was just how much was ripped off from Animated and just how much better the Animated versions are compared to the ones in this film.

I did enjoy the film, so don't think I'm just bashing it. I liked that Welker did Galvatron. The Dinobots were great. (for as long as we got to see them) And I think Mark did a great job with what he had to work with.

And was anyone else reminded of the end of the old G1 cartoons when Powermaster Prime would jump into space and fly away? Seeing the end of this movie sorta reminded me of those scenes.

11. CapnScumbone

CapnScumbone Ruiner of mirth

By all accounts, this movie is the dumbest and loudest of them all....with shittier GCI, more explosions, an unacceptable runtime, less attention to the Autobots, zero explanation for the dinobots, obscene product placement, bored actors, predictable lines, overly busy action scenes, and EXPLOSION AFTER EXPLOSION AFTER EXPLOSION to the point where Mister Torgue would get bored and slit his wrists.

I refuse. 11% on rotten tomatoes is about the lowest i've seen. I will not pay one fucking cent to see a movie that has been described as "watching the death of the human spirit in slow motion" and "being trapped in a rock tumbler".

With no respect for TF characters or development....with a plot device LITERALLY CALLED TRANSFORMIUM. I cannot even continue.

And this utter whore, this insulting ******, is making two more. because money. every attempt at humor in any of his movies insults human dignity, and all actors involved. Anyone with any respect probably considered sel- harm when cashing those HUGE checks.

TF lore has become deep and layered, with a dense history and characters easily more developed than those in Star Wars. IDW brought it to a new level with character-driven plot and humor and razor-keen writing. I...as an adult...as a veteran of the USMC...cried when Rewind died. And he died offscreen in a silent blast that very likely left Overlord alive. The writers made me care more than I ever did at age 4. So much love and attention went into this canon.

And to spite this, everything Bay does is a crass, whorish insult to every character we ever cared about, to the lore, to the writers who cared enough to make Swerve and Whirl and Starscream and even Megatron relatable and interesting, and to the childhood of every adult who grew up with Transformers.

Line in the sand after seeing the scathing reviews, that fucking orange douchebag explosion-fetishist GM whore will not get a cent from me. Even Bay's unholy relationship with china is redolent of piratic capitalism run amok. He's not even an AMERICAN shitty director anymore...just an anarcho-capitalist scumbag with no flag other than money.

Fuck you, Bay, you slimy, lazy, exploiting shit. I outgrew you the moment i outgrew diapers, and even WORSE, you can do better...the Island was awesome. His glaring contempt for the audience of the TF movies is the only palpable, overriding theme, other than product placement.

I can be insulted for free, and walk away immediately afterward. I will not give away ten dollars and three hours for that privilege.

12. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Less attention to the Autobots? You sure you watched the right TF film? I know they're all pretty similar but that was fixed in this one. I even noticed that and I dislike the franchise.

13. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

Just saw it. Sigh, I was hoping for a return to the 07 movie, but alas...

It felt like the movie was made this way: "We need this LONG list of things to happen. Now, string them together in some way that sort of kinda makes sense."
    -We need these Chinese things to happen
    -We need these certain car chases
    -We need this certain rooftop scene
    -We need optimus in this shot because this is the way we filmed it.
    -We need optimus to move this certain, kind of awkward, way because we blew things up this way.

It felt like TF3, and not as fun as TF2 (I know it had it's problems, but I liked it). I feel like they really are just dialing it in despite some nice nods to the source material. It's sad when I look at movies like other properties like Captain America 2.

Yes, amazing CGI... loved that bit. Too little Dinobots, and they were sort of not really explained at all. Maybe it was lost in some of the inaudible dialogue between lockdown and prime. And then the ending... just a sudden new ability that felt really random and jarring.

14. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

Holy shit, dude. I feel like you need to take a walk outside and smell some flowers or something.

Or maybe actually go see the movie for yourself instead of judging it entirely on reviews.

15. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Apparently some people think Bay does the movies all by himself. :lol 

"Yeah, fuck the guy who DIDN'T write the movie!"

16. CapnTightpants

CapnTightpants Member

Hear, hear!

17. Onslaught Phase 2

Onslaught Phase 2 Know my name and fear it!

Not as angry as you, but I can totally see where you're coming from.

18. Magnahide

Magnahide Maximal Commander

He totally does, though. He just wants you to think it's other people's fault so he doesn't have to apologize.

By the way, he's also a member of the Illuminati. And he literally hates Transformers fans more than any other group in the world. That's why he destroyed Transformers for us.

I mean, that's just what I heard on the Internet.

19. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Everything I've quoted here? 100% false information. You need better sources.

20. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Predictable lines and explosions are totally not false.