Transformers 4 Age Of Extinction Worldwide Release

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Before I post a bit more of my thoughts later, was Leadfoot being torn apart when Tessa was in the "junk room" on Lockdown's ship? I was under the impression that it was... :cry 

2. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, the TF movies are far from perfect, and I'm a bit disappointed that a lot of people seem to accept that you can't make a Transformers movie with a decent storyline, coherent plot, good dialogue and character development.

However, from what I've read so far, AOE is generally considered an improvement on the earlier movies by many (less toilet humour and weird human antics, more robot time, TFs with personalities, Lockdown actually recognisable as Lockdown, etc ). Movie Optimus is probably the darkest Optimus this side of Shattered Glass, but considering the universe he lives in, it's not too surprising. I'm hoping movie OP does eventually find his true self in the end.

On the minus side, the Dinobots (though cool) seem to be an afterthought with no really clear explanation of their origins, as well as apparently not having much (or anything) to say, even to each other. Maybe, next movie, we get to hear them talk.

I'm hoping TFs 5 and 6 give more imformation as well as an explanation for the 'Creators'/Allspark/Primes/Knights connection.

3. Robogamer64

Robogamer64 Well-Known Member

Going to see the movie right now!!!! So freakin EXITED!!!!!!!!!

4. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, was the dance scene from one of the TV spots actually in the movie? I didn't remember seeing it...

5. icewolf74

icewolf74 Well-Known Member

Well there is good long movie time and there is bad long movie time. I feel the LotR and Hobbit movies are amazing movies for almost being 3 hours each. I don't want those movies to end for how much they manage to suck you into their world. Michael Bay Transformer movies, on the other hand, go waaaaaaay beyond what they need to convey their story and is mostly filler to pad the movie's length. I was ready for AoE to be over by the time everyone got to China. The movie was just so dang boring.

6. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    I just saw it yesterday. It was, by and large, the best one out of all 4 movies. It was actually about the Transformers and focused on them prominently, giving them tons of screen time and personality. Optimus Prime has a character arc, for Chrissakes!

Sure, it was a bit long and cheesy as fuck. But, to me, it legitimately felt like I was watching a long, $200,000,000 episode of the '80s cartoon, which is a good thing, I think.

Bottom line: the movie was far from boring, and if you hated these movies because of the stupid humor and lack of focus on the actual robots, they completely fix those issues.

This movie is WAAAY better than Amazing Spider-Man 2. Like, by a long shot. And that didn't get the horrid reviews that this movie got. It really shows how dead-set the critics are on crucifying Bay, regardless of his actual work now.

7. TK458

TK458 Assassino!

This seriously has to be one of the best reviews for this movie that I truly agree with.

8. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Well I saw it last night and guess I should just give a quick ranking of it. I really liked it but still have trouble putting it ahead of DOTM, which was my favorite. Everyone has their own opinion and they should, but just thought I would share I rank them: DOTM, AOE, TF, ROTF.

9. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    True, everyone can perceive the film differently. I dunno, I myself generally feel ripped off whenever a movie is less than an hour long and such. I certainly thought AoE was, while long, filled with at least action packed scenes to make it not seem to drag out too long. It's a plus that I felt like I got my money's worth. I've seen some movies in the past that weren't that great but ran for a quite a good length and left me feeling like my five bucks were worth it. Mind you, our current theater still charges very little cuz there isn't much out here and cost of living and so on.

Though I personally respect people's dislike of the film. To me it feels like an acquire taste, some like it, some don't. I'm not meaning you by chance, ice wolf, when I say this, but I wish those who dislike the films didn't go on to ruin it for others who like the Bayverse movies like I've read in the past. At the end of the day it's a movie length toy commercial and it's good to respect every viewpoint. Makes the hobby worthwhile and good to be a part of.

10. xa rumblebee

xa rumblebee ...sting like a bumblebee

News Credits:
    i saw this movie on my own friday afternoon in three dee. a family sat next to me with a 8 year old boy sitting beside me. and regardless of plot holes and development or whatever: i felt like an eight year old all over again watchin this movie. a more focused optimus. the 'less is more' approach with bee, galvatron, easy plot device, lockdown as a whole, dinobots. it was a very good movie. not once did i check at the clock to see how long i had been there KNOWING this was almost a three hr flick.

anyone here that's upset that the dinobots didn't do this and galvatron didn't say that is really... just impatient. bet you'll hear grimlock talk in the next one. you'll get more galvatron in the next one. no need to bust a nut so damn prematurely, guys.

i think i can predict where this is headed. SPOILER:

optimus uses the seed to destroy the spark of unicron.

11. TK458

TK458 Assassino!

I recently watched it yesterday and had to stave off writing the review of until now.

Lotso spoilers ahead. So just gonna tag the entire thing.

Plot-wise, it was decent and actually engaging (though I thought every now and then 'oh damn how just long is this movie?' But there were some key moments in the film that left quite an impression, both good and bad. The one scene that left its mark on me was the cards on the table and that almost made me lose it. (Though I was quite glad we were given a brief explanation as to where the others were, sad as it is to say) There were plot twists. Some I saw coming while others were definitely a curve ball. That cliffhanger for example which means TF5 has a lot to accomplish.

However, if you're hesitant about the plot (or lack of one). Please, go for the characters. The interactions between all the non-human characters equals that of the first movie. Three particular Autobots MADE this movie alone. One of the other perks is, you could actually distinguish the characters from one another. Even if their designs were something to be desired. But, I grew to love them overtime. The voice acting was top notch too and one could tell they were enjoying their craft while voicing these guys.

And you know there was actually not that much potty humor to be had but instead good-natured humor that actually left an impression on me when it came to the characters. One of the funnier scenes was when Drift totally lost his cool after telling the others to stay calm. :lol .

Now I never watched Animated, (*ignores the boos and hisses*) but I knew who and Lockdown was before he was confirmed in this movie. And I was not disappointed despite the first leaked images that put me off at first. (Those lips anyone?) Lockdown was actually a 'villain' that I was seriously scared shitless of. Megatron and The Fallen did not nearly scare me as much this guy did. Mainly the mystery as to whom is hiring him and the fact he's working with some unsavory human characters to get his job done. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend," so the speak. He had his moments that made me squirm in my seat from discomfort.

Speaking of humans, for once the ones featured in this film were actually interesting. The bad guy was a cunning person and it just showed how good and well-rounded of an actor Kelsey Grammar was.

And what can I say about Wahlberg? First off probably ten times better than Shia. His backstory was pretty well established and the obvious tension between his daughter and him was there. Cade's reaction to a stranger calling Tessa by 'baby' was probably how others would react given the situation.

I'm going to avoid Optimus here, because that's a whole can of worms I don't feel like opening right now. All I have to say is. I both agree with and support what he did. War is a scarring evil thing and what happens during its events changes people for good or for bad.

One of the downsides of the movie though. I was kind of disappointed by how the Dinobots were introduced. They're just there on Lockdown's ship? ...really? You won't go into explanation as to how this occurred and how they became Dinobots? We see a brief snippet at the beginning with the dinosaurs on Earth but... seriously that's it? *sigh*

Would it have killed someone to have them talk? I mean not much perhaps something similar to the Hulk from The Avengers. A one-liner that could have made Grimlock and the others slightly more interesting.

All in all I would have to give this movie an 8 out of 10.

12. Guitarbot

Guitarbot Active Member

I try to stay away from strong opinions, and if you liked the movie, fine, that's your opinion... but I can't hold it down and stomach it anymore, I have to let this out:

Saw it last night. Utter and total dreck. While giant robots fighting is usually fun to watch, eventually it just gets boring without any storyline. The acting and dialogue was horrendous... completely forced and cliche. The internal logic of the movie doesn't make ANY sense... I think my IQ dropped about 50 points just from watching it. What a complete and utter piece of trash.

Even though I think this movie will make money, I think the general public is worn out and has had enough of this complete shitstorm... Please, Please Hasbro... fire Michael Bay and get a REAL script writer, director, and producers. Axe Cop is more coherent and well written then this pile of manure...

13. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

It's your own fault for assuming the comics are a canon that the film makers are bound to adhere to. I doubt the comics were on anyone's mind during the making of AoE.

The Hobbit? Seriously? The two three hour Hobbit films are terrible. I'm a fan of Tolkien, but talk about a single movie being stretched into three. AoE was on the long end of things, but at least it felt justified in its length. There's no excuse for a single three hour Hobbit movie. Let alone three of them.

Obviously the public is not worn out if it makes money :wink: 

Complain all you want. You have to accept that you're on the outside looking in when it comes to this series. The Bay films resonate with the majority of the movie-going public.

As for Hasbro firing Michael Bay? They can't. He works for Paramount, not Hasbro. Secondly, why would they? Even if they could? He's made the company and the Transformers bran billions of dollars, expanded the fanbase, and revitalized it from a low point following Energon and Cyberton. Why fire him?

14. TF Collector

TF Collector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a stupid question. I'm a 17 1/2 year old guy and two of my friends (girls) wanted to know if I would go see transformers with them. 1 of them loves transformers and the other doesn't know to much about them. Is the plot self-explanatory or should I have the one girl watch the first three movies?

15. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I mean DOTM will give some backstory to the villain's cause out plot isn't why you're seeing this so she should be fine.

16. TF Collector

TF Collector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also, how bad is the "sexual" stuff in the movie? I have a younger brother and he has seen Man of Steel and other violent things, but nothing with... ya know....

17. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

Not a lot of sexual content. It's mostly Marky Mark getting irritated that his daughter has a boyfriend and wears short shorts.

18. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

And does anyone else think that the Quintessons maybe for #5?

19. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Quintessons are likely, but I could see them going a bit more obscure and bringing the Vok in as the creators. After all, it wouldn't be the first time the Vok "seeded" Earth for their own purposes.

20. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

That was my thought.