Transformers 4 Age Of Extinction Worldwide Release

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 26, 2014.

1. trnsfrmrs1980

trnsfrmrs1980 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Saw the movie today. It has been showing here since the 25th. Kinda disappointed with it. Although it has more darker tone than its predecessors but still feels like it has the ROTF and DOTM aura on it. I wish that they just rebooted it and brought new writers. But me and my son still enjoyed it so it's still worth watching. But for me the first movie still gets the trophy.

2. StarGazer

StarGazer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Online Ticket System in many Chinese Cinemas have already crush since there were too msny people went to watch TF4 lolol

3. DoctorJoe

DoctorJoe who?

News Credits:
    This is exactly how I feel.... people who complain about product placement without realizing that the whole movie is a commercial for toys as was the original cartoon.

4. DarkSkyfire

DarkSkyfire Well-Known Member

In twenty years, these Bay movies will be long forgotten, just like the original Batman movies.

5. skwonderfactory

skwonderfactory Me Scott like Transformers!

News Credits:
    It's 9:39 here and my showing is at 2:25. Time is going by waaayyyyy too slow.

6. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Except a lot of people still consider '89 Batman the best live action Batman film.

7. Armada_MK

Armada_MK BEAST EM BEAST EM DRAGON!!!

News Credits:
    Saw it opening night, thought it was better then all 3 before it, even though the autobots in the movie really didn't act like autobots, and Prime I guess they pushed him to far, but he was still prime, and the dionobots were fricken awesome!!! people were clapping and cheering at the end when i saw it, and i want to see it again:)  and at the end of the movie they left me wanting more! sorry some of you didn't enjoy it, I had a great time:) 

8. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Maybe as a small business owner myself I understand this better than others. It's the cost of doing business, it's how you lower your costs. We're seeing more robot time on screen because it's getting cheaper to animate but sponsorship deals.

9. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Movie good or bad, like it or don't like it, can we all agree that Michael Bay needs to be removed for the license?

It's not really that he's a bad director or that he doesn't have a good vision or that he just likes big explosions. It's that he just can't edit the scenes he films into any sort of cohesive structure. His movies just don't make any sense.

Please Michael Bay, give someone else a shot. If they do a worse job, than come back but step aside for the next one.

10. TFTheoretician

TFTheoretician Well-Known Member

Have fun watching the movie everyone in the States and basically anywhere but here in Japan... I will have to wait until the 8th of August...

11. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Im curious as to how this movie will play out but im not curious enough to watch it anymore.

I want a real transformers movie with the characters I know and not the versions we keep getting from Bay.

Example is bulkhead is in the movie but they call him Hound. I would of loved if it was Bulkhead but then they change the name to hound to be cooler and to make more money on the figure. Bulkhead is one of my favorite characters but when you start changing around the characters and story alll the time there is just nothing in this movie for a real fan.

I know TF's have had a lot of reinvention through out the years but there is always one golden timeline that says it all for which everything was laid out. These movies are just not what Transformers was about .

Hopefully im wrong but part one left ya feeling void part 2 was a mess and really bad and part 3 was decent but still no semblence of a good story and they kill off iconic characters like they were newbs in under 2 minutes of screen time. I bet you most of the dinobots are dead by the end of the movie too. ughh

Ill wait for it to be on netlfix before i pay to see this and feel ripped off again.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    It's rare you see some make a point and then refute their own point in one sentence, but you've done it. Congrats.

13. Jangonate

Jangonate Protoform Nate

Beat me to it. I still love Returns.

My friend last night was saying how he actually likes Dark of the Moon better now than his initial viewing.

When the movie was over last night a packed house cheered and clapped. Hadn't heard that in a while.

14. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those movies might not be the gold standard of Batman movies anymore like the Nolan flicks, but they are hardly forgotten. 1989 Batman sells merchandise to this day.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

15. StarGazer

StarGazer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The box office of first day of TF4 AOE in China has reached 219million RMB [35 million USD]. It was said that there were more people in the Cinema than the people in Beijing's morning subway LOL
    QQ??20140627081218.jpg

16. DoctorJoe

DoctorJoe who?

News Credits:
    It IS a big commercial! It always has been for TOYS since its inception

17. Plainsjumper

Plainsjumper Well-Known Member

Well Hound wasn't really Bulkhead either. More like.... Sgt. Rock?

18. ebonyleopard

ebonyleopard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate to admit it, because after the first one Bay didn't strike the right cord with me, BUT as a movie with a story, I gotta say they did a pretty good job with this. STORY: There actually was a story that was easy to follow and made sense. Had a start and a resolution that also set up the next movie. ACTORS: Human characters that legitimately were not annoying, over the top, and thank YOU for the reduction of forced humor. The ROBOTS: Actually got screen time this time and at least some character moments. For the first time ever I feel I have a decent grasp of who each of the featured Autobots are as 'people'. I'll be damn but even Bumblebee didn't bug the hell out of me because there wasn't as much of him in the movie as in the past.

Protagonist actually had motives to be doing what they were doing and dare I say, actually grew as the movie went on from how they were when the movie started.

Antagonist were actually interesting with just enough mystery left about them to make you wonder what's going to happen in the next movie, and they were legit threats, both human and robot.

Transforming: There actually was a decent enough of robot to vehicle time in this movie this time. Nobody was randomly stuck as a vehicle for long amounts of time, just because of budget.

LOCATIONS: The locations actually made sense in the why people were where they were and why they went where they went.

ACTION: Come on, if there's been anything Bay had gotten right was action. And for once it was action that didn't make you feel sick (Especially in 3D which I though was pretty good). You got clear images of Robots doing stuff, no ridiculous close ups and the shakey camera was a lot more still this time around. And there was actual good Human on human action for once too).

CONTINUITY: For the first time the events of the previous movie actually has an impact on the story of the new beyond the main human protagonist. This time the events of 3 has had a dramatic effect on the world as a whole from it's technology to how humans live and it's really great to now feel this sci-fi universe created in the movies finally seems to fit with one another. That walking alien robots can exist in a world that knows what they are and reacts to them accordingly. Have the main new protagonist be what he is as an inspiration of past events in the previous movie was a good move (and hell, you even learned something about Texas law, which sorta makes me even more happy I don't live there, but yeah).

FINALLY, DINOBOTS, yes big, very tough, but if there was any issue with the movie I had it would be the dinobots. Not why there were dinobots, because I believe the movie did a decent job of setting up why/how they were there and the way they were, but it was more due to what they didn't do than what they did do.

Overall, it almost breaks a finger to have to say this, I'd have to give TF4 an A for a grade. It's more serious ton, reduction of sophomoric humor, hell even the reduction of over sexafication of female actors (For once some of the ridiculous clothing choices in a Bay movie was actually addressed on screen by one of the characters) was reduced. Good action, good character moments between both humans, robots to robots, and robots to humans. This movie is definitely the step on the right direction the TF movie franchise has needed.

Now, the Key to enjoying this new movie. Throw out all the previous held emotions you had about M. Bay and the previous movies and realize that this movie marks the beginning of a new start both in story and in tone. Be prepared to see familiar characters in a light we have never seen them in before, but watch as they grow and well...transform in how they behave and think at the start (with some legit reason, that makes them more human), but evolve and grow with a new rekindled spirit in the end.

My only non spoilery tip I'd give though, when the credits start, just leave. There's no reason to stay to the end.

19. Oneiros

Oneiros Well-Known Member

After the disappointment and boredom of DOTM, I was not looking forward to this. Then with the addition of Wahlberg and the Dinobots, hope sprang again. Now, reading all the reviews, I don't even know if I'm going to watch this in theatre. If it had been 90 min., I think I'd still go, but at almost 3 hours, I'm really hesitating ...

(And I'm in no way a movie elitist. I don't mind a mindless action movie that makes no sense, as long as it's thrilling and the actors are charismatic. Star Trek Into Darkness was like that, where I could see the glaring flaws as I was watching, but I still enjoyed it, but Bay's TF2 an 3 were just horrible grinds, and this sounds like more of the same.)

20. ebonyleopard

ebonyleopard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see complaints about "Product placement' But to be honest, I really didn't notice it because when you think about the locations of where events took place, it actually is natural for such product signs to actually exist in real life. As for one of the products, one of the protagonist actually worked for the product being placed in context to what he does, so even that made sense. And if we're talking about product placement as far as what type of car brands were used, I mean, really? They turn into vehicles that exist in the real world, of course those are going to be seen.