Transformers 4 Age Of Extinction Worldwide Release

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 26, 2014.

1. bonewire

bonewire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm gonna see it Monday, have to visit future I laws this weekend. I'm prayng that it doesn't suck.

2. Stevejr

Stevejr Air commander TFW2005 Supporter

I absolutely hated it, just a bloated horribly edited bad movie. I blame myself for expecting a good movie after seeing the first three. From now on if Bay is involved I'm not, someone on these boards described it as being water boarded by a movie what a great analogy.

3. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    I feel as if it was referenced through his helicopter mode, since Decepticons have been known to take the form of military, authoritative, or airborne vehicles.

A line drop about it from Hound when he was complaining about Drift reciting a haiku would've been nice. Or from Bumblebee when they were fighting.

4. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I made sure I wasn't caught up in the hype.

People at work would says "Look LDM, a new transformer movie!" and I would be like "meh".

Glad to see I prepped myself for exactly what we got.

5. fearthehoss75

fearthehoss75 Well-Known Member

It was flawed but fun

6. Big Hache

Big Hache Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My wife and I saw it last night. Meh.

7. Armada13

Armada13 Spaceship!

I don't see why this had worse scores than ROTF. This had what people wanted; no bathroom humor, a slightly darker tone, a good villain (Lockdown), among other things. I understand the length was an issue; if they cut out a good half hour of human scenes, it would have been fine. Sure, the scripting had some issues among other things, yet, it is critically panned. Judging from what I've seen, it's more or less mixed reviews. I've seen 1/5 and 3/5. I've heard he best installment and the worst installment.

This wasn't a masterpiece, but is it really only an 18%?

8. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Delayed an extra month because of Ramadan

*sigh*

9. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    since that's how you roll, you want to have a chicken sandwich for lunch today.

10. JuicyNo

JuicyNo Well-Known Member

I came out a little disappointed. There were some definite improvements from previous installments (comedy, characterization, and Wahlberg over Labeouf), but after first viewing, this is my least favorite of the series. For me, the first act was great, but felt like the movie started losing steam into the second act and fell into an unfocused and non-cohesive third act.

I feel the same way about AOE that I did about The Amazing Spiderman 2. Both movies threw so much into the fray (namely villains) to set up further sequels that the current movie felt less like an individual entry and more just a primer for subsequent movies.

I still liked the movie, but the plot and focus could have been tightened up a lot.

11. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Hahahah

At the end, when I literally couldn't take anymore, I was waiting for the mandatory terrible Prime speech...

...But when THAT happened, my jaw was on the floor at how insane and ridiculous it was, until my GF laughed out loud and brought me back to reality.

12. LastOfThePrimes

LastOfThePrimes Well-Known Member

I don't blame Bay I blame the crappy writer. I don't understand why Bay just didn't get another writer. I understand loyalty but man it's time out for that when you reimagining the Franchise. I can't believe that writer made Optimus kill a human though. That was pretty blasphemous.

13. Sonicguy001

Sonicguy001 Member

If you were in Optimus's position what would you have done?

14. Plainsjumper

Plainsjumper Well-Known Member

He had it coming. The guy couldn't even make a salad and scrambled eggs. :D 

15. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

i'll put it this way you have your opinion but my opinion is YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!! without mr.bay transformers would be dead!! I've said this before it was awesome from start to finish!! Bash me all you want i've been a fan since the beginning you can tell from my age! I'm a kid at heart always have been always will be. haters hate all you want i'm going to see it again and buy it on blu-ray when it comes out!! Again thanks michael bay you're the best!!!!:bowdown: :bay :bay 

16. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    Now.... I LOVE me some good Transformers writing/Mythos... and While really don't agree at all how Bay has handled the treatment of the Transformers I can say that most of his movies are at least enjoyable if you take them for what they are, stupid summer blockbusters.

The odds of us fans getting a really good written Transformers Movie in a Theater that is oozing with all of the good mythos we want, is really slim to none without his movies. The majority of people watching the Bay films have NO idea about any of the back story or mythology of transformers so a movie ripe with that stuff would not make any money. Hollywood has to reel people in with the much watered down Bay films before they can even think of taking the Transformers to a level near the comics.

Yeah TF1 was barely passable, TF2 was very disappointing with its humor, DoTM was a step in the right direction but still could have been leaps and bounds better. I have yet to see AoE but I will continue to support these movies with the hope that eventually Hasbro and Paramount will get to a point where they are comfortable taking the series in a deeper direction when fans have a comfortable understanding of the transformers.

I'm sure AoE has plenty of sins the previous movies had, its overly long I am sure, but it has the god damn Dinobots, even if for the briefest of time. It has Drift, Lockdown, etc.

Transformium? just as bad as Unobtainium... I mean really what are humans going to call the metal from the Transformers? Its not that bad of a name, you people are nitpicking.

And Prime? I have heard you all bitch and moan about a bloodthirsty Prime since TF2. Have any of you watched Lone Survivor/Black Hawk Down/ ANY WW2 movie or Real Footage? WAR IS HELL. Optimus has been not one to want to kill in the past, for children's TV shows its understandable. In TF1 he was true to himself, but my god people. Almost all of the Autobots have been killed, his planet sacrificed to save humanity, at what point is he allowed to get upset and want to end the decepticons? Its WAR, WAR IS HELL people die in war, that's the horrible point of it. I don't have a problem with Optimus' Movie persona. He wants peace and has the BALLS to lay the smack down to do it. It is so hard to not kill in war, you end up loosing more in the long run and risk loosing altogether. He's still the Optimus we all grew up with but a more realistic portrayal of a million year war veteran. Give the character a break.

17. Sonicguy001

Sonicguy001 Member

I agree 110% with this guy

18. LastOfThePrimes

LastOfThePrimes Well-Known Member

We got more focus on the robots this time. A lot of robot screentime.

19. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're complaining about a movie you haven't seen yet? That makes sense. If by less attention to the Autobots you mean the most screentime they have have ever had then, yes, you are correct.

20. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This movie needs a new movie director. If you want real action then go watch the RAID 2. Heck they should hire that director or del Torro.