Transformers #4 (2019 -)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Issy543, May 1, 2019.

1. Triceradon

Triceradon Sunbow Delenda Est

Your grammar was fine, just wonder who you mean when you say you people?

• Like Like x 1
  2. misfire19d

misfire19d Not a writer. Not an illustrator. Just a fan.

Because some people who claim to be tolerant are actually the least tolerant tyrants of all.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Yeah, This reboot is very copy/pasted. Give us all new, all different spins that, yes, take certain cues from prior characterisation but take them somewhere different. Surprise us. Recontextualise familiar faces.
    Even the "LGBT couple" is just a partner swap-out for two characters established as LGBT in previous IDW canon, for all the imaginative worldbuilding the characterisation seems to lack imagination. Nothing against having LGBT characters but doing the same thing with the same characters is repetition not invention. (It does make me wonder if the fourth Mystery limb of Orthia will be an Arcee and not a Lancer in the toyline though.)

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Lancer is the code that unlocked the info

• Like Like x 1
  5. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Oh, I'm still hoping it's a Lancer (hopefully with a Soundwave-style shotgun polearm so that she can have an actual lance-like Battlemaster weapon) but I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to end up going with a less obscure character to round out the combiner for...reasons, and it was a codeword relevant to Greenlight that it was used in the context of, it doesn't necessarily guarantee who the mystery fourth will be. Just a seed of doubt, but a seed of doubt nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fenrys

News Credits:
    eh, i think if arcee gets a siege release, itll be a new mold. so far the 3 that share the potp mold all were relatively obscure (chromia is more well know, hence why it makes sense to not have her be part of a combiner). of all the female transformers arcee and windblade are probably the most well known, therefore they dont need the gimmick of being part of a combiner. also it would throw elita-1's crew out of whack. arcee wasnt with elita-1, firestar, greenlight and moonracer in that episode, but lancer was. also the potp fembot based engineering doesnt look anything like arcee's vehicle mode

7. Dire 51

Dire 51 Line Stepper.

Point taken. Well said.

I do have ideas where the story is going though: straight into the bargain bin!

Kidding.

I do think the tether will be cut, rubble will have killed brainstorm, skywarp was behind the so called assassination attempt, and Megatron will knock off the high priestess and co opt her peaceful movment

8. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I'd prefer for actual confirmation so that we don't get our own version of the stupidity Voltron went through.

I know that it wasn't likely, but I REALLY want a red-head with silver chevron. :( 

It seems pretty clear he's talking about Shippers, the cancer of any fandom. They will see the most benign interaction and demand that is proof that x+y is a couple... and then scream in rage when their OTP isn't canon.

• Like Like x 9
  9. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mentioned earlier that Ruckley mentioned that he'd be continuing the LGBTQ themes of the previous series, and the first couple would be seen this issue. That might be why people are viewing this as possibly more than a friendship.

• Like Like x 4
  10. osenator

osenator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder the amazing plot twist is everyone is gay in the galaxy, but very few that are straight, must live a secretive life in shadows and that's why Brainstorm was killed ? Would explain the tension between Megatron and Prime.... Old scorn lovers...

• Like Like x 5
  11. pluto

pluto Banned

Some people who claim to be tyrants are actually the most tolerant tyrants of all.

Wait a second... neither of those statements means anything at all! Back to the drawing board i guess.

• Like Like x 8
  12. SonicGX98

SonicGX98 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Okay, so first off it might just be Sara and Andrew Griffith's pages, but the characters look SO MUCH MORE expressive than the last three issues! I'm really liking the building relationship between Rubble and Bee, and I'm kinda curious if we'll ever learn more about the new forged femme.

Cyclonus is back! And he sees dead people apparently? Who do you guys think they are? A squad he was part of maybe? Interesting he's not a con in this continuity like he was last time.

Arcee's finally in this new continuity, and from the looks of it, she might be lesbian? I'm down for more LGBT rep in this continuity, but I'd be lying if I said I'd like at least ONE straight relationship in this continuity. My guesses for that so far are either gonna be Bee and Windblade or Rubble and this new femme (If she's even a significant character later.)

Can't say I cared too much about Brainstorm's funeral, and it was a kinda weird way to end the issue. But it gave us more insight into the Rise, so I guess that's good.

Pros were definitely Cyclonus and Rubble/Bee. Hope we get some more action in this comic soon!

8/10

• Like Like x 3
  13. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Why do people keep assuming I'm a shipper without reading between the lines? I'm only guessing that Arcee and Greenlight are a couple based on what Ruckley said with him hinting that a couple would be in this issue. So please stop jumping the gun and think I'm one of THOSE people.

And besides, last time I checked, Ruckley wanted to include the LGBT because its what made MTMTE one of the positive aspects of it. It doesn't hurt to do the same with this one, and I'm pretty impressed he was willing to try it too.

• Like Like x 10
  14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Cyclonus wasn’t a con last time either

15. Dire 51

Dire 51 Line Stepper.

And this is a 12 issue series??!!

FML.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Some people are only on the forum to hunt for mention of people/things they detest so they can have a strop. Seems reasonable to speculate that the "inseparable" couple are a couple - but like with most of the plot points so far in this series, there really isn't much to go on.

• Like Like x 8
  17. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cosmos? Bludgeon?
    Screenshot_20190504-072334~2.png

• Like Like x 1
  18. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But wings

20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    The artist clearly isn't getting paid per face!

• Like Like x 9